What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Crackin355 said:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Finished adding texture hacks.
I tried some texture hacks a while back. Followed the tutorials exactly; with installing Homebrew (which successfully installed) and did all the SD Card shit it told me to do, loaded the game, and there was nothing. So that means the tutorial is not "noob-friendly" as it claimed to be.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Just finished Chapter 5.

A Link to the Past.

Beat Vitreous, and with it Misery Mire, and now I'm at Turtle Rock. I got through the entire dungeon to the boss, but I have no clue how to beat it... I'm guessing it's something to do with the Mirror Shield...

His Excellency Lord Fawfulthegreat64 of the Beanbean Realm said:
Crackin355 said:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Finished adding texture hacks.
I tried some texture hacks a while back. Followed the tutorials exactly; with installing Homebrew (which successfully installed) and did all the SD Card shit it told me to do, loaded the game, and there was nothing. So that means the tutorial is not "noob-friendly" as it claimed to be.

No kidding, that shit was hard as fuck to understand. Gecko is much better than Riivolution and it took me about an hour to fix my main issue (figuring out how to use Ocarina without any help). Then it took an entire day to download and add all the textures properly. It was nice though.

Crackin355 said:
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Got the magic book and stuff. The First boss was kind of difficult, balancing between defending and attacking and keeping enough MP for Fireball spells. dang this game will be difficult later on, I don't quite like the fact that It's pretty much required to take some damage to attack an enemy but I guess I'll get used to it. Named my first familiar Steven, because who doesn't want to be a Steven?

EDIT: Beat the second boss, the rat king. It wasn't too challenging but it was definitely fun. I didn't use my new lemur familiar since it was weak but it got a lot of experience so I called it Lemad and it was kind of helpful. My fireball spell is stronger than anything the Familiars can do so I would lure the boss away with them, switch back and cast the spell while he ran towards me.

That game any good?

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS)
Got up to the VR Haunted Mansion, level 31. Six...makes me hate life.

This game has actually been a bit easy compared to what I expected. Yes, it's still been hard, but two losses in twelve hours in an ATLUS game where only the main needs to fall to lose isn't bad.

I kinda like how this game doesn't give the protag a look, as it's always from his eyes.

A Link to the Past.

Okay, I've done it. Got all the Pieces of Heart and maxed out my health, and I've got every item now.

Now to take on Ganon's Tower.

Serge Breaker said:
Crackin355 said:

Got the magic book and stuff. The First boss was kind of difficult, balancing between defending and attacking and keeping enough MP for Fireball spells. dang this game will be difficult later on, I don't quite like the fact that It's pretty much required to take some damage to attack an enemy but I guess I'll get used to it. Named my first familiar Steven, because who doesn't want to be a Steven?

EDIT: Beat the second boss, the rat king. It wasn't too challenging but it was definitely fun. I didn't use my new lemur familiar since it was weak but it got a lot of experience so I called it Lemad and it was kind of helpful. My fireball spell is stronger than anything the Familiars can do so I would lure the boss away with them, switch back and cast the spell while he ran towards me.

That game any good?

If you can deal with the main character being a child that can be pretty naive then sure. The game looks beautiful and the battle gameplay is surprisingly different to anything else I've played. It's got spells, leveling up and usual RPG stuff but switching and deciding when to attack, defend and cancel a command is important because there is a wait time after using them. The town I've seen is big and vibrant and had a few neat sidequests and places to explore. There is respawning enemies in dungeons though (Move to right to get a chest and the enemy will have respawned) so I'm not too sure what to think of that. I just got it because of the good reviews it got and I found it pretty cheap. Worth it so far.

PM:TTYD

Speedrun'd through Chapter 4 because it sucks. On to Chapter 5.

Had a great time in Chapter 3 because my cousin was very eager to play it.(as was i)

Crackin355 said:
Serge Breaker said:
Crackin355 said:

That game any good?

If you can deal with the main character being a child that can be pretty naive then sure. The game looks beautiful and the battle gameplay is surprisingly different to anything else I've played. It's got spells, leveling up and usual RPG stuff but switching and deciding when to attack, defend and cancel a command is important because there is a wait time after using them. The town I've seen is big and vibrant and had a few neat sidequests and places to explore. There is respawning enemies in dungeons though (Move to right to get a chest and the enemy will have respawned) so I'm not too sure what to think of that. I just got it because of the good reviews it got and I found it pretty cheap. Worth it so far.
I could tolerate Karol, Luke Fon Fabre, Tidus, Rachel, Rui, Seig, Max, and Makoto, plus the whole cast of Grandia III. I think I can take it.
In order, Tales Of Vesperia, Tales Of The Abyss, Final Fantasy X, Tactical Rescue Assault Group, Lux-Pain, Suidoken Tierkreis, Shining Force Neo, and Enchanted Arms, plus, well, Grandia III.

More Soul Hackers. Came across this in negotiations. Negotiations in these games can get a bit interesting.

Demon: Oh, you're [protag], aren't you? You seem like someone who likes manga. What's your favorite manga?
- Robo Kitty (who knows why I chose that, I prefer stuff that makes me laugh)
Oh, Robo Kitty, eh? Nice, nice. Hmm...well, what's your favorite video game?
- Soul Hackers
OH SOUL HACKERS! I love that game! Let's see, I'm up to a part where I meet a human named [protag]...wait what's your name again?...What world am I in then!? Eh, I'd love to come with you but you got (a demon he doesn't like) with you already! I can't do that!

I love how they just forget about what they'd just been saying.

This game has been a little bit easier than I expected. Two losses in twelve hours in an SMT game, where 1. the game will tear you apart and 2. only the protag must fall to lose, isn't bad.

Reached Al Mamoon and restored Esther. The boss of Golden Grove was huge and menacing, made me feel like it'd beat the shit out of me nearly instantly (every basic hit was about 15 so it's close enough). The nightmare boss in motorville was less menacing but I felt like I was fighting with an equal and it had a pattern that made it fun to fight. This game has great bosses. I think it's because your familiars (and even yourself) are so small and your enemies are also about the same size. When your fighting with some knee height cute monsters and a young kid against a beast that is charging at you and a black coated ghost chasing you in a creepy arena then it becomes much more intimidating. It's interesting how the game uses cutesy enemies and cutesy fighters to make adult sized enemies seem like giants

New Super Mario Bros. U/New Super Luigi U

Played both of them today with my pop. Was fun. I unlocked the secret level in Acorn plains in NSMBU, and beat the first level in NSLU.

So I got my second party member but I have to say, they're just a burden. The boss of the temple has the health of two to compensate for the two members of my team but its too bad she's dumb. There's no visible option to make her be defensive so whenever his super strong quick charged move comes up I'm the only one to defend, so the other person gets weak easily. It sucks even more that half my team was with her so when she died I lost half of my familiars for the battle and was left with a Melee one (which is not a good idea for this boss). I just used Oliver to run away, defend (because the AI won't), use a spell, use MP item and repeat. It just irks me that they're incompetent on their own, especially since the last RPG's I played with AI partners they were pretty good and wouldn't try tanking hits and instead guarded when they needed to.

I think I'll just stick to the one character and let the others do their own thing. It limits my options but it doesn't mean everyone will have low health constantly.

Back