What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Still playing through Rayman Origins! I beat a few bosses now, and I have to say, I really didn't know what to do with some of them at first... The fact that you have to play through them repeatedly, then come to the realization of what you're supposed to do is actually VERY satisfying.

I also find it interesting and hilarious that the bosses are actually the kings of their respective region, and are actually a million times smaller than their boss counterparts.

I'm also making it a point to go back and collect all the Electoons, win all the medals, and get all the time attack trophies for each previous stage I've been to, whenever I enter a new world right next to the previously conquered one. Seriously, this game is so addicting and fun, I'm SO glad Ubisoft revived Rayman like this!

Smashgoom202 said:
Still playing through Rayman Origins! I beat a few bosses now, and I have to say, I really didn't know what to do with some of them at first... The fact that you have to play through them repeatedly, then come to the realization of what you're supposed to do is actually VERY satisfying.

I also find it interesting and hilarious that the bosses are actually the kings of their respective region, and are actually a million times smaller than their boss counterparts.

I'm also making it a point to go back and collect all the Electoons, win all the medals, and get all the time attack trophies for each previous stage I've been to, whenever I enter a new world right next to the previously conquered one. Seriously, this game is so addicting and fun, I'm SO glad Ubisoft revived Rayman like this!
Make sure to look out for hidden cages in levels too.

Yoshidude99 said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Make sure to look out for hidden cages in levels too.
I always do...

...This game is officially starting to kick my rear and piss me off. Catching that God-damned treasure chest in Luscious Lakes took, like, 50 tries, I'm not kidding, about half of which started out with me immediately missing a jump I was supposed to make! Damn ice stages... The boss was pretty tough, as well, though I didn't have AS much trouble.

You know, part of me gets easily frustrated, the other part realizes it's just a game and I shouldn't get this worked up over it, but the other half of me just SCREAMS how unfair it is, because I KNOW I'm doing my best and yet I keep losing! Of course, actually getting the thing I've been working toward IS kind of satisfying after all that, I suppose, although I might be mistaking that feeling of satisfaction for mild relief of NOT having to go through that again.

Rayman Origins

Beat Moody Clouds. This level is really hard first of all you find out that
The main antagonist is the Magican
then you fight robotic versions of Daisy and the Mocking Bird,Get a hilarious cutscene with a disco and then
chase the magican
. It took me all morning so about 50 tries at least. I love the final boss fight though. You shoot down an airship on Moskito then get the ending which is funny. The credits take ages but have really nice music. Also got a Skull Key. Now I have 6 and I need 10 to reach the Land of the Livid Dead so the game carries on.

Be prepared for a very hard level at this point in the game Smashgoon.

Team Fortress 2

Messed around with Packy on XephFrag. Barely lagged at all, took some funny screenshots; it was great.

Yoshidude99 said:
Yeah, I figured as much...

I beat the Angsty Abyss Tricky Treasure stage... I don't want to say it's THAT frustrating, because I wasn't as annoyed as I was with the last one, but boy was it LONG.

Fighting a boss underwater is also pretty challenging, I'll tell you that.

I think I'm on the last word, Moody Clouds...
The Magician is telling me to turn back because of all the lightning, and while that part wasn't that hard, the rest of the level was freaking insane!

Smashgoom202 said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Yeah, I figured as much...

I beat the Angsty Abyss Tricky Treasure stage... I don't want to say it's THAT frustrating, because I wasn't as annoyed as I was with the last one, but boy was it LONG.

Fighting a boss underwater is also pretty challenging, I'll tell you that.

I think I'm on the last word, Moody Clouds...
The Magician is telling me to turn back because of all the lightning, and while that part wasn't that hard, the rest of the level was freaking insane!
No its not because of the lightning but you will see pretty soon. Be preapred for frustration and a hilarious cutscene.

Shadow the Hedgehog

Screwing around and found something very funny. Go in Lost Impact with Maria next to a GUN Soilder. She will walk into him get hurt and then keep doing it again. Just so funny.

I beat Rayman Origins... Sort of.

Turns out the Magician was the main bad guy all along. I fought robotic versions of the first two bosses, then had a quick dance scene with him before chasing after him, first on fallying debris, then by moskito. The final chase scene was pretty epic, but when I reached the end, he ended up taking himself out but lightly tapping into what I can only assume is the "core" of his factory, and he blows it all up, as Rayman and his friends fall into the Snoring Tree... And go back to snoring that rhythmic snore of theirs! Bookends, how clever.

This can't be the TRUE ending...
I've seen this huge pink thing in promos and screenshots for the game, including in the manual, but I haven't seen it yet... also, I haven't been to the Land of the Livid Dead yet, so I have lots to do... I also wonder, is it possible to destroy the ship the Magician's on BEFORE it crashes?

Skyward Sword

Got the Song of the Hero and unlocked the Goddess's Spirit Trial (as soon as Fi said I could access it from one of the floating islands, I immediately headed to Skyloft, since it's the only one big enough on which to go tear hunting. Wasn't expecting it to start in the plaza, though).

Yoshidude99 said:
I'd already said that. How hard did you find the chase on falling debris? It took me a very long time.
I didn't read anything inside a spoiler tag. But then again, maybe I SHOULD have paid more attention... It did take me a while to nail every jump, and let me tell you, you need to be SPOT-ON with these kinds of stages!

I feel like there's more to the ending then meets the eye...
Like, when you shoot down the ship, is it possible to shoot it down completely BEFORE it reaches the end?

BTW, I feel like we should be talking about this on the Rayman Origins topic that nobody's posting on.

Bastion

As much as I'm loving this, I'm wondering if it stays linear throughout the game or gives you some choices later on.

Smashgoom202 said:
Yoshidude99 said:
I'd already said that. How hard did you find the chase on falling debris? It took me a very long time.
I didn't read anything inside a spoiler tag. But then again, maybe I SHOULD have paid more attention... It did take me a while to nail every jump, and let me tell you, you need to be SPOT-ON with these kinds of stages!

Like, when you shoot down the ship, is it possible to shoot it down completely BEFORE it reaches the end?

BTW, I feel like we should be talking about this on the Rayman Origins topic that nobody's posting on.
Is there one? Anyway the airship can't be damaged anymore after you shoot the wing thing off it.

Yoshidude99 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Yoshidude99 said:

Is there one? Anyway the airship can't be damaged anymore after you shoot the wing thing off it.
Yeah, it's right here:

http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=18209.0

Also, thanks for clearing that up.

Magus said:
Bastion

As much as I'm loving this, I'm wondering if it stays linear throughout the game or gives you some choices later on.
You get two choices right before the end, one after the other. It feels a little ham-handed but it's still a fantastic game.

Mario4Ever said:
Skyward Sword

Got the Song of the Hero and unlocked the Goddess's Spirit Trial (as soon as Fi said I could access it from one of the floating islands, I immediately headed to Skyloft, since it's the only one big enough on which to go tear hunting. Wasn't expecting it to start in the plaza, though).
That part is really fun. Word of wisdom:
Start accross the bridge first, to me it's the most difficult, and there's nothing more annoying than getting 14 or all 15 tears and then lose.

That actually happened to me in Eldin's Silent Realm, if I remember correctly. I accidentally touched some Waking Water after getting the 15th tear and got cornered by Guardians. At least their locations were on the map when I tried again.

Back