Russia Oil Boycott- Good idea or bad idea?

Figure it out

• Total voters

Nate Jacobs

WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
The Shadow Prince
I'd say mostly good, closer to mostly bad than very good but we need to help Americans getting destroyed at the gas tank

After reading the events of the Russo-Ukraine War and reading the tons of war crimes committed by the Russian Federation, and assuming the war is only the reason our gas prices are high (it's not, plus high gas prices is a worldwide issue not an American one, and countries closer to the conflict and more heavily rely on Russian assets such as Germany are harder hit by it), every single effort to help Ukrainians win the war counts, and that includes the heavy sanctions imposed on Russia, withdrawing services from them, and sending aid to Ukrainians.

Russia needs to be stopped at all costs, their rhetoric and aims for their invasion is frighteningly similar to Nazi Germany. If they take over Ukraine, they will absolutely not stop there, they would attempt to reclaim eastern bloc states as well. We need to make it clear that disrespecting Ukraine's sovereignty is not to be tolerated and having slightly higher gas prices is something worth stomaching to help stop encroachment of people's terrority.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure only a small amount of oil imported into the US even came from Russia and we already banned the importation of it after the war began anyways.

I'm pretty sure only a small amount of oil imported into the US even came from Russia and we already banned the importation of it after the war began anyways.

Keep in mind that this war affects us globally and higher gas prices are a proxy effect of it rather than a direct cause.

Changed to mean any other country too

Seconding what BLoF said. It's frustrating because once again the poor are getting hit hard due to events on the other side of the world. And that doesn't come close to the terror people are experiencing in Ukraine. But I don't know if there is a better solution than stopping all trade with Russia.

The petrol prices in Australia have shot up as well. But for reasons you wouldn't expect. We're among the biggest oil and gas producers in the world. But we don't keep any in reserve. In fact they sell it all off and BUY IT BACK AT A PREMIUM. It's bonkers. And now the global markets are in shambles and we're left without any petrol even though we're the ones making it. We're sitting on $2+ a litre. And don't even get me started on how expensive groceries are at the moment.

Back