The New Official SpongeBob Squarepants Thread

MightyMario

The Mightest Mario
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
MightyMario
The old thread has not been posted for ten years, so I made a new one!

Anyways, discuss anything relating to SpongeBob Squarepants.

I think SpongeBob is in a modern renaissance, apart from a couple bad episodes here and there.

I also beat SpongeBob BFBB Rehydrated a couple days ago.

the new art style and storyline is horrible , the person who writes these episodes are the definition of dog shit

Well, I like the new stuff and love the old stuff. I wouldn't call it dog poo but everyone has their own opinions.

People in YouTube comments keep saying that Squidward is someone you grow to like over the years, but I've always liked Squidward since the beginning. I don't think he's a role model as people say he is, he's like clearly antagonistic to his work, sometimes understandably so, but sometimes just goes out of his way to be unproductive. I mean he has the cynicism of people who work service, but he's not like a role model. I think a balance of Spongebob and Squidward is best when you do work idk.

I like Spongebob more over the years personally due to this unrelenting positivity and naivety.

But Mr. Krabs I think I've disliked a lot more over the years and I think a lot of people can relate. He's basically a parody of the worst boss to work for. He's not abusive as them, but he does seem to embody a lot of crap the bad bosses have.

Anyway I love this exchange between Squidward and Spongebob where Squidward is, "I order the food, you cook the food, then the customer gets the food. We do that for 40 years, and then we die. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Whaddaya say?" I just like how calm his delivery is at the end of that dialogue lmao.

I haven't seen the later stuff though since I got burnt at Season 5 and 6 with its onslaught of horrible episodes with its occasional unexpected gore (House Fancy is the worst case of unexpected gore; that scene stuck in my head long after that episode finished).

the new art style and storyline is horrible , the person who writes these episodes are the definition of dog shit
whoa can we just say the new episodes suck without inviting character attacks on people

The latest seasons have had some of the most impressive TV animation I've seen in a bit and I feel that aspect is underappreciated. I have some problems with how it's TOO fluid but it's still some impressive stuff.

A MASSIVE improvement over the awkward looking middle seasons.

I always thought Squidward was a good character, not my favorite though. I'd say my favorite characters are probably Karen and Plankton.

Back