Should in-game outfits be made as official merch?

Galaxy Book Sunshine

System requirements not met
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Stache
We've seen quite a lot of Mario-themed clothing merchandise, but it seems like there hasn't been any of them that actually replicates the outfits worn by characters in some of the games.
No, I'm not talking about what they normally wears (overalls, hats, dresses, crowns, etc. except those in nontraditional designs like the Stars-and-stripes "golfing" outfit), but rather the outfits in games like Odyssey or the sports games. Of course we should exclude the ones that are too generic (such as black suit or santa costume), but in general I do wish they made them into real clothes we can wear, let it be the Sunshine themed hawaiian shirt or Strikers kits.

From what I've searched, this is the closet to them replicating the in-game outfits (the Mario one specifically):

So what do you guys think about making in-game outfits a real-life merch? And if you find any instances of official merchs made from in-game outfits that aren't the obvious ones, please let me know.

I wish they would make the shine sprite shirt irl.

i know you excluded the default outfits but like i'd kill for an official pair of the brother's iconic shoes. i think it's the only thing that hasn't been made of the default outfit. but hell yeah i'd be totally behind odyssey outfits in real life. the mechanic outfit specifically hehe >: )

Last edited:
In moderation. Who the hell is gonna wear Mario's Satallaview suit?!

But yeah, outside of Halloween onesies, I'd love to see more Mario/Luigi and Princess gear. Like have Mario and Luigi's overalls and actually good recreations of Peach's/Daisy's/Rosalina's dress and crown.

So far, I've only ever seen recreations of Mario and Luigi's hats at Spencer's Gifts (Mario's came in regular, tanooki, fire, and Cappy flavors iirc)

They could've killed my wallet making plushies of Marios wearing those costumes in Odyssey

• I wish they would make the shine sprite shirt irl.
    Me too, Luigi's mushroom shirt is also rather cool.
    They could've killed my wallet making plushies of Marios wearing those costumes in Odyssey
    As I mentioned in the plush wishlist thread, absolutely. Though in this thread is about actual clothes that we can actually wear.
    In moderation. Who the hell is gonna wear Mario's Satallaview suit?!

But yeah, outside of Halloween onesies, I'd love to see more Mario/Luigi and Princess gear. Like have Mario and Luigi's overalls and actually good recreations of Peach's/Daisy's/Rosalina's dress and crown.

So far, I've only ever seen recreations of Mario and Luigi's hats at Spencer's Gifts (Mario's came in regular, tanooki, fire, and Cappy flavors iirc)
    Of course, like who would want to wear Diddy's transformation??
  • I'd say some outfits like Strikers armor could be made as a pattern on a jersey, because while it's definitely not impossible to make them in real life, I can't imagine how much would actually cost and how it would actually handle in different sizes.

Ah I see. In that case a lot of Mario's clothes would be technically cross dressing in my case (unless changed for my form, so otherwise that cave outfit and swim trunks will expose me) so I suppose Peach's wardrobe would make me look pretty sharp. Peach's winter outfit and her summer outfit are great, nothing too exposed and there's a neat hat for it. I like hats. However I don't love leotards and I really dislike two piece bikinis, just give me a body suit like in Tokyo 2020 surfing.

Back