This board is getting pretty boring

Sir Pentious

I have a problem
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
InsaneBlathers
There are only two or three people who reply in most threads here, (which means that if they don't like a thread you made you can count on it dying swiftly) and most of the games are very repetitive and get boring after a while. Just wanted to bring this up and suggest that the games here be made a bit more interesting.

There are only two or three people who reply in most threads here, (which means that if they don't like a thread you made you can count on it dying swiftly)
Lol this so much

I have an idea for a game, but I don't know how it would actually play out. Also I'm brand new here and I'm not really familiar with forum games so I don't know if it's an idea that's been done already or if it would be interesting. I'm thinking that if there's like two lists of items/characters and if there's consequences for eliminating certain ones that it might change things up a bit. Like if one character is eliminated from List A then there might be a chance that List B has a character or two eliminated, depending on which character from List A was removed. 2 votes would be taken for each turn so there would be teams in a way. If I made a thread would anyone be interested?

I have an idea for a game, but I don't know how it would actually play out. Also I'm brand new here and I'm not really familiar with forum games so I don't know if it's an idea that's been done already or if it would be interesting. I'm thinking that if there's like two lists of items/characters and if there's consequences for eliminating certain ones that it might change things up a bit. Like if one character is eliminated from List A then there might be a chance that List B has a character or two eliminated, depending on which character from List A was removed. 2 votes would be taken for each turn so there would be teams in a way. If I made a thread would anyone be interested?
Interesting idea 🤔
Sort of like a soul link? If you eliminate one on list A it's corresponding item on list B is taken out too.

Not exactly, I don't think. The game I'm thinking of now would be like a battle between two armies, one lead by Bowser and one lead by Peach.

On Bowser's side would be Kamek and Bowser Jr, as well as several Koopa Troopas and Goombas. If Bowser is eliminated, then there is a chance that everyone in the army would retaliate. (I would generate a random number to get the exact amount.) However, if a Goomba is eliminated, only the 2 Goombas fighting next to it have a chance to retaliate.

So taking out Bowser while his army is still at full strength would have a chance of taking out up to like 15 members of Peach's army, but taking out a Goomba would only have a chance of taking out 2 members of her army. Of course, if there are only 5 characters left in Bowser's army, then taking him out would only have a chance of removing 5 characters.

I would also link up characters in the same army, so maybe in that way it would be like a soul link. Like, the Koopa Troopa's would care if Kamek was eliminated, and the goombas would care if Bowser Jr. was eliminated.

Personally, I think it's fine the way they are. The board still gets activity, which means there's still interest, somewhat, and the easy-to-understand nature and straight-forward rules makes it easy to get into for many people.

Of course, I'm not a frequent poster here so it's not really my thing but I understand why there are some regulars here.

Back