Vote to Win: School Grades

Nate Jacobs

WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
The Shadow Prince
This thread is simple: covering which grade in school people like the most. It is split into three first rounds, covering elementary, middle, and high school, and then a final round covering the winners of each of these first three. Each round is ten days long as well.

Elementary School Round:
Kindergarten/Year 1 v. 1st Grade/Year 2 v. 2nd Grade/Year 3 v. 3rd Grade/Year 4 v. 4th Grade/Year 5 v. 5th Grade/Year 6
Middle School Round:
6th Grade/Year 7 v. 7th Grade/Year 8 v. 8th Grade/Year 9
High School Round:
9th Grade/Year 10 v. 10th Grade/Year 11 v. 11th Grade/Year 12 v. 12th Grade/Year 13

Kindergarten was always the best grade for me, with nap time still being there, a really nice but firm teacher I had named Mrs. Burkhart, and plenty of opportunities for fun creative writing, like about fairy tales.

Elementary School Round Start:
Kindergarten- 1
1st Grade- 0
2nd Grade- 0
3rd Grade- 0
4th Grade- 0
5th Grade- 0

Last edited:
Kindergarten- 2
1st Grade- 0
2nd Grade- 0
3rd Grade- 0
4th Grade- 0
5th Grade- 0

Alright this thread has been amended to include Boneless Water's and Christmas Miracle's points
Kindergarten/Year 1- 2
1st Grade/Year 2- 0
2nd Grade/Year 3- 1
3rd Grade/Year 4- 0
4th Grade/Year 5- 0
5th Grade/Year 6- 0

Whilst I'm kinda pressed to decide between Kindergarten/Year 1 and 3rd Grade/Year 4, I think I will go with the latter because I remember more of the stuff I did and my teacher that year was amazing

Kindergarten/Year 1- 2
1st Grade/Year 2- 0
2nd Grade/Year 3- 1
3rd Grade/Year 4- 1
4th Grade/Year 5- 0
5th Grade/Year 6- 0

Okay, new round. 7th Grade was always the best out of the three middle school grades for me, with a great English teacher, Ms. Hittner, who let me use her computer during lunch but who was firm, fair, challenging but not overly so work, and great trends in my personal life like starting and finishing Avatar: The Last Airbender, rereading and finishing the Harry Potter books, and drawing patterns more. There was also a Democratic Primary vote in my Social Studies teacher, Ms. Healy's class, which helped me get into politics more.

Middle School Round Start:
6th Grade/Year 7- 0
7th Grade/Year 8- 1
8th Grade/Year 9- 0

6th Grade/Year 7- 1
7th Grade/Year 8- 1
8th Grade/Year 9- 0

Definitely Year 8 (7th Grade). This was my last year at my first childhood school (out of two) and I was pretty happy throughout the whole year, the studying for the exams was a bit hard but it wasn't nearly as bad as other work later on like my A-levels. I got into the school that I wanted to, which was awesome. The last two terms were especially cool, because my personal tutor who I was very close to was super nice to me and did really cool stuff with me, and I got to do mostly fun stuff and by that time I had formed a really good relationship with my year group as a whole it was very heartbraking for it all to end :( The school trip at the end of the year to France seemed pretty bad at the time for reasons I prefer not to say but it was only a few days and I guess in the long term it was a good thing to experience. Also this the year I started playing Minecraft (then on the xbox 360; I didn't get Java and Bedrock until later), so that was obviously amazing.

By comparison Year 7 and Year 9 were a lot more mixed for me, as there were some very happy periods in both years, but also some very unhappy experiences.

6th Grade/Year 7- 2
7th Grade/Year 8- 2
8th Grade/Year 9- 0

Since there is a two-way tie for 6th Grade and 7th Grade right now, I am going to do a tiebreaker. The rules for a tiebreaker are that someone who has casted a vote for a grade can cast a second vote for it, including myself after a 45-minute embargo on myself starting now. Whichever grade, 6th or 7th, gets an extra vote first wins this round too.

6th Grade/Year 7- 2
7th Grade/Year 8- 2
8th Grade/Year 9- 0

6th Grade/Year 7- 3
7th Grade/Year 8- 2
8th Grade/Year 9- 0

High School Round Start:
I would say that 11th Grade was the best out of the four in high school for me as I had really good grades, Ms. Page, my History teacher, Ms. Mann, my Science teacher, and Ms. Crenshaw, my Math teacher were each good, and it was better than 9th Grade where I had intense stage fright and 10th Grade where my grades tanked with teachers I did not think did a great job teaching. I would put it above 12th Grade too because my mental health slightly worsened that year because I had to constantly stare at a screen.
9th Grade/Year 10- 0
10th Grade/Year 11- 0
11th Grade/Year 12- 1
12th Grade/Year 13- 0

Last edited:
Yeah, Grade 12 sucked with Covid and constant Teams meetings. This is my last year of school, and I didn't like it. (I did not fail, I'm just doing a victory lap).

9th Grade/Year 10- 0
10th Grade/Year 11- 0
11th Grade/Year 12- 2
12th Grade/Year 13- 0

Year 10 was easily the worst - I was very good academically but many issues with social/personal life that largely outweighed the positives of this year. I guess my teachers were pretty good.

Year 11 was pretty good - some relatively minor social issues and suffering from unhappy memories, but social life was overall decent. But my teachers were all good, my relations with my class were great, and this year was probably the best in my entire school life in terms of my academic performance. Not school related but this year is when I started got my gamecube and started TTYD which very much got me back into Mario which is what eventually lead me to join this community in Year 12. I did a wonderful Maths presentation a few days before my 16th birthday and my birthday itself was not bad at all. I had my GCSEs this year but those weren't too stressful or intensive at the time and I ended up getting amazing results for most of them (and no bad results for any). Teachers were the same as Year 10 largely so they were good.

Year 12 was the worst year of my school life academically (at least since Year 6). Social life was good I guess but not the best. Personal life was great and I joined this community, it was also this year I got my 3DS. But then COVID-19 happened and largely kinda spoiled the later half of the year. My class this year was completely different to Year 10 and 11 but it was a nice class. My teachers were also changed up a lot and they were overall okay. So yeah Year 12 was nowhere near as good as Year 11 but still better than Year 10.

Year 13 had good academic performance, a big step up from Year 12 but still not quite as high as Year 10 and 11, but my teachers weren't quite as good as Year 12. Personal and social life was probably all around great this year. So all in all, Year 13 managed a good balance of good personal life and enjoying myself, and working hard to prepare for my A-levels... which got cancelled and replaced with a different kind of assessment that wasn't as strict but essentially replaced the A-levels. Well those were very stressful at the time, unlike my GCSEs but they ended up also turning out with excellent results and getting me into university. As for the COVID-19 situation it did affect some parts of this year which sucked but it overall wasn't as bad as Year 12 since much less of my time was moved to online teaching.

Tough between Year 11 and Year 13 but I think my vote probably goes to Year 13 due to better personal life (despite some COVID issues) even though Year 11 was better in terms of teachers and doing better in classes.

9th Grade/Year 10- 0
10th Grade/Year 11- 0
11th Grade/Year 12- 2
12th Grade/Year 13- 1

Final Round Start:
Kindergarten had such an innocent feel, we had rest time and wrote stories a lot in school. Everything just felt right then, especially since I liked my teacher, Ms. Burkhart, a lot, which is why it is my favorite grade. 6th Grade felt much more average and I had to get up a lot earlier, and 11th Grade ended with COVID even though it still hadn't shut the school down the first four sixth-based grading periods. So that is why I am voting for Kindergarten as the best.
Kindergarten/Year 1- 1
6th Grade/Year 7- 0
11th Grade/Year 12- 0

Kindergarten/Year 1- 2
6th Grade/Year 7- 0
11th Grade/Year 12- 0

Tricky choice for me. Kindergarten/Year 1 for me I really don't remember much at all, so I think I will count that one out. Year 7 and Year 12 were both overall good years... but then again i did have major wellbeing issues in 6th grade/year 7, whereas for 11th Grade/Year 12 sure there was COVID-19 which sucked but it wasn't nearly as bad.... so I think my vote goes to year 12.

Kindergarten/Year 1- 2
6th Grade/Year 7- 0
11th Grade/Year 12- 1

Just an update that I will post the final round ending in the early-ish afternoon in two days on January 25th, with there being a very high chance that that will be between 1:45 and 2, as that is right after my Spanish prerequisite class ends. If there happens to be a tie vote at this point, then that is when I will post the tiebreaker round.

Last edited:
Well the best grade as I see it, Kindergarten, won! This has been an uneven game for me in terms of its finalists as while I liked Kindergarten the most out of Elementary School and 11th Grade the most out of High School, 6th Grade was the weakest of the three grades for me in Middle School as I still didn't sit with other people as much as I should have and it felt pretty average in general. But this game was a lot of fun, and of course a great grade won.

Back