What's so good about the Koopalings?

Luigi+Daisyfan11

Violet Lumas ARE REAL!!!^
I'm just wondering since they get defeated every time :bowser: and they are pretty boring. Discuss.

I'm a big fan of them, but I don't really know why I'm so fan of them ;D, maybe of their appareances on SMB3 and SMW that, at least for me, they're ones of the best mario games ever and they marked my childhood, at least that's what I think, you know that people have diferent reasons for liking things ^^

Maybe because of variety...

Seeing Bowser Jr. in one game more than eight times was enough for me of him.

maledict said:
I'm a big fan of them, but I don't really know why I'm so fan of them ;D, maybe of their appareances on SMB3 and SMW that, at least for me, they're ones of the best mario games ever and they marked my childhood, at least that's what I think, you know that people have diferent reasons for liking things ^^

Tu shei. (If that's even how to spell it.) Idk why I like Luigi and Daisy and Rosalina and Vivian. The Koopalings just don't appeal to me. I don't know why, but that doesn't mean I'm right.

The hair. It's gotta be the hair. Other than that I just don't get it. To each his own I guess.

Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Tu shei. (If that's even how to spell it.) Idk why I like Luigi and Daisy and Rosalina and Vivian. The Koopalings just don't appeal to me. I don't know why, but that doesn't mean I'm right.
Tou che. (accent on the e)

Same could be said for me and the Mega Man Robot Masters (especially Metal Man)

Lario said:
^ He's right you know!

For instance Bowser Jr. got boring fast in NSMB.

Boom-Boom got boring fast in SMB3.
Reznor got boring fast in SMW.

Crow T. Robot said:
Lario said:
^ He's right you know!

You forgot Birdo in Super Mario Bros. 2.

Waddle Dee said:
Unlike many bosses today, the Koopalings had personality.
Yeah, that's true, contrary to what some people say about the Koopalings having no personality. I personally think that's a stupid argument, considering the fact that nearly all of the games that featured them had little to no dialogue whatsoever. Even so, there's still no excuse for blatantly disregarding them by using Bowser Jr. in eight worlds in a row, when they EASILY could have found a spot for them. I'm not saying that I hate Bowser Jr. (although, I've slowly been getting there), but he could easily be called a slap in the face, or better yet, a kick in the nuts the Koopalings' fanbase.

they're more original that Bowser jr. :luigi:

Brie Loader said:
Well, I always throw up when I see Bowser Jr.'s face, but this doesn't happen with the Koopalings.
<-

In NSMB Wii, let's just hope the two can coexist without one overshadowing the other. That way, everyone's happy. ;)

Crow T. Robot said:
Lario said:
^ He's right you know!

Reznor was only fought a couple times, and all but one of those were in secret levels.

Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:

Aha! Tou che then.

It's one word. Touché. Comes from French, litteraly means "touched".

Anyway, I think I like the Koopalings because they're a lot better than just putting a copy of a guy and name him exactly the same but with a "Junior" after.

Which is also why Barack is better than George.

$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:

Aha! Tou che then.

It's one word. Touché. Comes from French, litteraly means "touched".

Anyway, I think I like the Koopalings because they're a lot better than just putting a copy of a guy and name him exactly the same but with a "Junior" after.

Which is also why Barack is better than George.
Cut me a break. I don't speak Surrender French.

Also, Martin Luther King Jr. says hi.

I think he was trying to say that Bowser Jr. is nothing more than a copy of Baby Bowser's design.

SolarBlaze said:
I think he was trying to say that Bowser Jr. is nothing more than a copy of Baby Bowser's design.
I know.
I was going after the G'Dub comment. I hated Bush, don't get me wrong, but my point was people name their kids "Junior" all the time.

Your comment also gives me the chance to plead my case:
I was more of a Mega Man kid growing up. I had SMB3 growing up, and I certainly had nothing against it, it's a great game, but the Robot Masters overshadowed the Koopalings.

Enter the SNES era: I played Mega Man X way more than SMW. Again the Koopalings were ignored in favor of the Mavericks. Baby Bowser holds more of nostalgic spot to me anyway, since Yoshi's Island was the first Mario game that I really got into.

Skip a few years to Sunshine: they brought back Baby Bowser....kinda. But with a shweet paintbrush.

Back