Danish live-action skits of Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 (or, the terrible, baffling world of Super Mario Brødrenes Eventyr)

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
Did you know the Danish dub of Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 had live-action skits? I sure didn't but it turns out one "TheSonicolas" has started uploading them on YouTube with english subtitles so that the world can enjoy their bizarre writing, upsetting acting and rock-bottom production values. He's currently up to Episode 6.

Snark aside, it is a monumental find in the field of pop culture archeology. What do you think?

It's pretty obvious they were trying to imitate the same kinda thing Lou and Danny had on the Super Show, not quite sure if it worked, though.

it is a monumental find in the field of pop culture archeology
Hi, folks. New member here.

Just noticed the other day that the above-mentioned YouTube videos of Super Mario Brødrenes Eventyr are now private. At around this same time, a separate YouTube account that was hosting the longest available clip of the Korean live-action Super Mario Bros. Super Show segments has apparently closed, unfortunately taking that footage out of the public domain too.

I don't know the reasons for these things, but it's got to be bad news for pop-culture preservation, right? ☹️

If Nintendo had C&D it, the YOutube embed would say so.

I'll just say this: people can get real weird about quote-unquote lost media, both those finding and seeking out the stuff. Sucks all the same.

If Nintendo had C&D it, the YOutube embed would say so.
Yeah, interesting. The plot thickens. 🤔

I was doing a little further digging, and check this out: a tweet by TheSonicolas from 28 February this year, announcing the upload of the final episode of Eventyr, was in fact liked by Nintendo's European and Danish Twitter accounts.

Screenshot_20221219-171337.png

a separate YouTube account that was hosting the longest available clip of the Korean live-action Super Mario Bros. Super Show segments has apparently closed
Sorry for the double post, folks, but just as an update on this, it turns out that the channel in question had been a victim of hacking and is now back up and running and in the process of reconstruction. This is very positive and brings one of the clips back into the public domain. 👍

Back