Vote to Win: Pokémon Generations

Nate Jacobs

WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
The Shadow Prince
A while since an elimination thread of this type has been posted, so here's how it works:
You vote for which generation you like more out of the current face-off to see it win. There are brackets for each of the eight generations. Whichever generations win each of the first four rounds make it to the second two rounds, and then the winners of the second two rounds face off against each other. Each generation face-off has its individual round, which lasts for five days.

First four rounds for top four:
Generation 1 v. Generation 2
Generation 3 v. Generation 4
Generation 5 v. Generation 6
Generation 7 v. Generation 8

Next two rounds for top two:
Generation 2 v. Generation 3
Generation 5
v. Generation 7

Final round determining the winner:
Generation 2 v. Generation 7

Start:
Generation 1- 0
Generation 2- 1

Last edited:
Generation 1- 0
Generation 2- 2

Generation 1- 0
Generation 2- 3

Gen 3 v. Gen 4 Start
With Gen 3 it has the Pokémon I see as the best of all of them, Absol, so that's why I'll vote for it.
Generation 3- 1
Generation 4- 0

Generation 3- 2
Generation 4- 0

Generation 3- 2
Generation 4- 2

Gen 5 v Gen 6 start
While Gen 6 got me into Pokémon, there aren't nearly enough new ones and some of them especially the Fairy types have really eh designs, so I'll vote Gen 5.
Generation 5- 1
Generation 6- 0

Generation 5- 2
Generation 6- 0

Gen 7 v Gen 8 Start
Now this is an interesting one as this pits my favorite Generation against probably my least favorite Generation. The main reasons I want Gen 7 to win over Gen 8 is that Sun, Moon, UltraSun, and UltraMoon still had the National Dex, and the suspense and surprise of it being random which Pokémon you would face, when Gen 8 got rid of the National Dex and Sword and Shield have no surprise as you know exactly which Pokémon you will battle.
Generation 7- 1
Generation 8- 0

Last edited:
Generation 7- 2
Generation 8- 0

Yay, my favorite Pokémon generation beat my probably least favorite Pokémon generation! Next up is Gen 2 versus Gen 3. This is an interesting match-up as while Gen 3 has my favorite Pokémon of all time, my vote goes to Gen 2 in a time where there is not a National Dex as of right now anymore, as with Gen 2 you could transport Pokémon there from Gen 1, but you couldn't transport Pokémon to Gen 3 at all. Another reason why my vote goes to Gen 2 and not Gen 3 is that Gold, Silver, and Crystal have more features with their time of day than Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, so they feel more immersive when something different like wild Pokémon happens each time of the day you play it.

Generation 2- 1
Generation 3- 0

Generation 2- 2
Generation 3- 0

Next up are two of the best Generations, Gen 5 vs. Gen 7. This is a tough call but I prefer Gen 7 by a very, very little bit, as both Pokémon Black and White, and Black 2 and White 2 are very great games, but I remember I didn't like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity at all. Like not only is the gameplay really boring like mostly usual for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, but the story is worse too, with lame morals about "NEGATIVE EMOTIONS R BAD". Sun, Moon, UltraSun, and UltraMoon have a unique region in the Alola region with four different islands, the killing of HMs, and for a change no Gym Leaders which add a more unique effect, so the games feel barely more unique overall in my opinion.
Generation 5- 0
Generation 7- 1

Last edited:
Generation 5- 1
Generation 7- 1

Things go bump in the night afternoon

We really need a tiebreaking vote here

Final Round: Generation 2 v. Generation 7 Start
While Generation 2 proved it could at least be much better than the first Pokémon generation, although glitches in Red, Blue, and Yellow made this not always a high bar to clear, Generation 7 has the most originality and style out of each of the Pokémon generations for me. With the Alola region being four different islands instead of one each being as fun and unique as the other, Trials and Trial Captains instead of Gym Leaders which end up being just as fun (and refreshingly not formulaic), and the killing of HMs and their forcing your Pokémon to have moves you do not want them to have anyway, there was a whole ton to offer in Generation 7's Sun, Moon, UltraSun, and UltraMoon, so that they are easily worthy of victory and the top spot.

Generation 2- 0
Generation 7 -1

Back