Charles Martinet might not have actually voiced Toadsworth in Super Mario Sunshine (among other characters)

PaperSplash

Goomba
So I was browsing the Behind the Voice Actors forums the other day, and I stumbled across an interesting thread. Someone was claiming that Charles Martinet was in fact not the voice of Toadsworth and several other Super Mario Sunshine characters attributed to him, but that Scott Burns was. But what especially caught my interest is that the poster actually had emails they had with Scott Burns to share as proof (reposted with permission):

https://imgur.com/gallery/OlmNqrQ
https://imgur.com/gallery/s1AnnCt

So yeah. According to Scott Burns, at least, he was the voice of Toadsworth and the male Piantas (both the generic ones and the Pianta judge, the Pianta prosecutor and the Isle Delfino Police). He also says he voiced the male Nokis, the Raccoon you exchange your Blue Coins with and is "pretty sure" he did the voice for Il Piantissimo too, albeit sped up.

Now Toadsworth I'm inclined to believe because I don't think Charles Martinet actually said anything about voicing Toadsworth and it was just a fan assumption that never went challenged.

The (generic) male Piantas are a bit trickier though, since Martinet does a very Pianta-like voice in this clip (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/15509006?t=55m35s) although he doesn't explicitly say it was him in the game. Maybe Martinet's voice was used for some male Piantas and Burns' was used for others? At any rate, he was definitely at the very least the Isle Delfino commercial from the intro in addition to Mario, since he confirmed that in the clip.

Anyway, what do you guys all think of this?

i think we could possibly ask or source the other vas too because the pianta judges article on mario wiki straight up says he was voiced by dolores rogers??? with no source???
also i think this clip is the best thing ever it brought me a lot of joy

I think Charles Martinet may have voiced Piantas in cutscenes but Scott Burns voiced them in-game?

Toadsworth sounds like Scott.
I don't think that's true.
And yes, I have played the game.

idk what the situation here is but im extermely interested to hear more development on this
notably one of old nokis voice clips sounds a whole lot like toadsworth? (talk to the park director in some episodes in pinna park i forget which ones)
i thought it was just a coincidence but maybe it could lead to something

I said Scott as in Scott Burns.

So you don't think Toadsworth was Scott Burns? Or you do?
I do.
However the Behind The Voice Actors website claims that it was Charles Martinet,
I don't know now.

I do.
However the Behind The Voice Actors website claims that it was Charles Martinet,
I don't know now.
Just so you know, on that site, the only officially confirmed voice credits are the ones that have a green check mark next to them (and you can click on them to view the source, which is either usually the credits or the voice actor themselves). Unfortunately, however, the official credits for many games and animated TV shows and movies don't list which voice actors voiced which characters, if they list the voice actors at all, and that includes a lot of Nintendo stuff. So the Behind the Voice Actors listings for those things aren't always as reliable (though I'd still say they're more reliable than not, everyone makes mistakes).

I got you, homie.

i think we could possibly ask or source the other vas too because the pianta judges article on mario wiki straight up says he was voiced by dolores rogers??? with no source???
also i think this clip is the best thing ever it brought me a lot of joy
Dolores voiced all of the female Piantas and Wiggler.

Back