New Sonic Info Coming May 27th

Hope they announce a proper 30th anniversary collection and not 'Here's a few of the Mega Drive games we've rereleased dozens of times and we're still not giving you 3&K'.

Sonic Colors HD remaster is nice. But Sonic 3 and Knuckles in that compilation game is still in 4:3, while the other games are in widescreen. I think that new Sonic game will be inspired by Colors, if it's not another remake/remaster.

That kinda sucked. I'm excited about Colors Ultimate I guess, and the forest in that teaser trailer is beautiful. Other than that, meh.

the video mentions it's gameplay from the original game, implying it's not from the compilation, so all of the games in the release can still be in widescreen.
Yeah, but considering that a Sonic 3 and Knuckles widescreeen remaster still hasn't been made, I'm not getting my hopes up for it. Also, Sega.

Last edited:
the video mentions it's gameplay from the original game, implying it's not from the compilation, so all of the games in the release can still be in widescreen.
All the other games in the collection have that "Original Gameplay" thing though. I think they're just pulling the mobile versions of 1 2 and CD, which are all in widescreen. But because they never made a mobile version of S3&K, they're just using the original rom.

Hmm, I think they might have been able to avoid that confusion if they posted, "Not final gameplay footage" or something. But at least Sonic 3 & Knuckles will now have an official widescreen release. I wonder if they will add the game gear games to the collection. I doubt the Advance trilogy and the Rush games will be on there since this collection seems to focus on the "Classic era" of the series.

I still would like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, (maybe even Heroes), to have the proper remaster treatment, if not remakes of the two. (The PS3/360/Steam versions didn't even add widescreen for SA1, while SA2 locked multiplayer, Boss Rush, and other modes behind DLC).

Hmm, I think they might have been able to avoid that confusion if they posted, "Not final gameplay footage" or something. But at least Sonic 3 & Knuckles will now have an official widescreen release. I wonder if they will add the game gear games to the collection. I doubt the Advance trilogy and the Rush games will be on there since this collection seems to focus on the "Classic era" of the series.

I still would like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, (maybe even Heroes), to have the proper remaster treatment, if not remakes of the two. (The PS3/360/Steam versions didn't even add widescreen for SA1, while SA2 locked multiplayer, Boss Rush, and other modes behind DLC).
Probably just the ones they showed.

Announcement is meh. I already own all classic Sonic games on Steam and we get another remake of an old game. The new Sonic title is like...nothing? Just we know it exists.

Instead of an actual title, they gave us this weird symbol thing that fans can argue the meaning of for a while.
zap.jpg

Some people are saying it says "zap," but honestly I don't see that at all. I see "up" and "zyo".

i see it as an aesthetically pleasing symbol lol, nothing more

Alright so apparently the new Sonic game is called "Sonic Rangers". We know this because a dataminer looked through the metadata of a leaked 4k version of the teaser. You can also see for yourself by googling "sonic 2022", go to images, and download the one from Polygon. You'll see that the file is called Sonic Rangers. Here's a video demonstrating that.

I bring this up because APPARENTLY there was a 4chan post back in January, where OP claimed to had play tested the new Sonic game, called Sonic Rangers. Here's what OP said (and here's the archived link).
1622151679630.png

So... what do y'all think?

a shame the collection is just the same old games theyve been re-releasing for years and years and years... amazing to me that one of the ps2 games that served to me personally as an introduction to the series as a whole (sonic mega collection+) is still more content packed than some of the newer rereleases they've put together... but i digress. while it would've been neat to have something with some more interesting picks, the truth is the majority of more casual gamers/sonic fans probably only care about these 4/5 games as opposed to the various other spinoffs and non-sonic team games from over the years, so i dont really blame them, but it would be nice to at least get, idk, some game gear games even though most of those probably arent even good
the one silver lining would be if these were the taxman versions of the games, which would be nice since theyre the best versions (although the M2 versions are pretty good for what they are) and it would be great for those versions s1 and s2 to officially release on something that isnt mobile. and it'll at least be interesting to see what differences and modifications they've made to s3&k

Back