Jakks Super Mario/World of Nintendo Figures

Bowser-Rex84

Head of Koopa Public Relations
Pronouns
He/him
One big hobby of mine is collecting toys (action figures) of various properties I enjoy. Depending on the property I typically have a focus on each unless it is something like the Jurassic Park/Jurassic World series where I'm mostly a completionist with it.

Is there anybody else out there that collects the Jakks Super Mario/World of Nintendo figures?

It was one of the things I wanted as a kid was a Bowser action figure and I finally got one with the Bowser vs Mario Set. I gotta say I was hoping for more articulation, but I'm just super happy to finally have a decently sized Bowser figure in my collection. I've been slowly falling down the collecting hole with it where I got Racoon Mario, Ice Mario, Goomba, Koopa Paratrooper (green boots), and I got the "Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach three-pack" recently as well. My plan is more Koopas, Yoshi, and some Toads at some point. I remember growing up where the only thing available toy-wise for Mario was the Applause figures and they didn't offer a lot in that sense. So I'm super happy with these guys since picking them up and I'm planning on going for more. I'm primarily focused on the 4-inch figures for the moment.

If anyone does collect them, are there any favorites or must-have figures that are recommended?

20210524_111149.jpg

One big hobby of mine is collecting toys (action figures) of various properties I enjoy. Depending on the property I typically have a focus on each unless it is something like the Jurassic Park/Jurassic World series where I'm mostly a completionist with it.

Is there anybody else out there that collects the Jakks Super Mario/World of Nintendo figures?

It was one of the things I wanted as a kid was a Bowser action figure and I finally got one with the Bowser vs Mario Set. I gotta say I was hoping for more articulation, but I'm just super happy to finally have a decently sized Bowser figure in my collection. I've been slowly falling down the collecting hole with it where I got Racoon Mario, Ice Mario, Goomba, Koopa Paratrooper (green boots), and I got the "Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach three-pack" recently as well. My plan is more Koopas, Yoshi, and some Toads at some point. I remember growing up where the only thing available toy-wise for Mario was the Applause figures and they didn't offer a lot in that sense. So I'm super happy with these guys since picking them up and I'm planning on going for more. I'm primarily focused on the 4-inch figures for the moment.

If anyone does collect them, are there any favorites or must-have figures that are recommended?

View attachment 13381
The banpresto Mario & Luigi are pretty cool.

Oh yeah, the Figuarts ones are impressive and I would love to get the Bowser one from that, but the after-market value on eBay is very pricey I've noticed!

And I recall the Banpresto ones, they are quite nice too!

Oh yeah, the Figuarts ones are impressive and I would love to get the Bowser one from that, but the after-market value on eBay is very pricey I've noticed!

And I recall the Banpresto ones, they are quite nice too!

just wait for a figure with a damaged box, it causes the price to drop drastically as collectors want a perfect box

that is how I got my nendroid luigi for cheap.

alt you can wait for a rerun of the figure but those can take a while

just wait for a figure with a damaged box, it causes the price to drop drastically as collectors want a perfect box

that is how I got my nendroid luigi for cheap.

alt you can wait for a rerun of the figure but those can take a while

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out!

DPFAR: Figured since it has been over 3 days I'd post an update of new figures I've picked up. I've done a further plunge down the warp pipe it seems. XD

20210609_141256.jpg 20210609_141403.jpg

I scooped up the 4 inch Fire Mario, Ice Mario, and Raccoon Mario and they're in the "? Block" box behind Yoshi, Peach, Luigi, Mario, and the Toads. Also, I accidentally got a 2.5-inch Red Toad instead of the proper "4-inch" one (Misread the listing), but thankfully picked up a 4 inch sized one after realizing my mistake. I also snagged a 2.5 inch Bowser, I think this 2.5 inch one comes with the castle sets I think? I got him for about 14-15 bucks since he had some paint scuffs on him. So I used some paint sharpies I do my customizations with for my figures to sort of fix it and give him some definition. Also, I did have a Banpresto (I think?) Bowser from a while back I dug out of storage. So both that one and the 2.5-inch Bowser are my desktop toys when I'm on the computer messing with things.

Right now I got two Red Shy Guys, 2 Green Koopa Troopas (Took their wings off), 2 Bob-ombs, 2 Goombas, and Bowser for my Koopa Troopa. I wish Jakks would make an accessory pack with the power-ups like the 1Up Mushroom, Super Mushroom, ? Block, and Coins. I'm glad the Fire Flower, Ice Flower, and Raccoon Leaf came with their powered-up versions of Mario it just is kind of a pain to buy the same Mario again and again when he comes with a different accessory. I plan to go for Ice Luigi, Fire Luigi, and Tanooki Mario next. I might also go for the Cat Mario and Cat Luigi because they are pretty adorable too. I do want to start getting the Koopalings and Bowser Jr.

I gotta say I enjoy collecting these and they make me feel like a kid again actually. The figures aren't even that difficult to secure or track down either which is nice. Most stores carry them and I'm finding a pretty good variety of figures to mess with. I just need more of a display area for them as the current location I use is a bit cramped. I also live in a tiny apartment and my Jurassic Park/Jurassic World collection has a massive footprint and takes precedence before my other collecting hobbies.

Currently, I own the World of Nintendo Paratroopa and Dry Bones. Oh and Wario too. I do have a lot more figurines, though, my drawer's top is filled with them, but I kinda stopped collecting them because one of the reasons is my budget is tight, another is I'm running out of room lol.

Back