FLAC support

Mister Wu

King Bowser
Wiki Administrator
MarioWiki
Mister Wu
Well, the wiki now fully supports FLAC files, in both FLAC and Ogg containers, as you can see in my test page here
User:Mister_Wu/FLAC_test
my question now is what should we do with them: accepting them or not? If yes, with which container and extension?

I guess there's no harm in accepting them but I see little point in converting to FLAC considering we allow only 30 seconds of a piece anyway. All three of them sound acceptable to me.

doesn't the license template for audio state the audio must be lower quality then the original recording? or at least something along the lines of that, meaning uploading the audio in lossless is a bad idea

doesn't the license template for audio state the audio must be lower quality then the original recording? or at least something along the lines of that, meaning uploading the audio in lossless is a bad idea
The game stores the tracks as 4-bit GameCube DSP ADPCM, a lossy format compared to the Red Book Audio of the soundtrack CD. FLAC would prevent further generational degradation.

Back