New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Are you getting New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

• Yes

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Iggy said:
When you complain about the shaking it makes you sound like a baby, and also it isn't even hard to control so why complain i actually like the way you pick stuff up and you can't blame nintendo for putting motion controls in it's why the wii has them.
Hey, play nice.

But other then the name calling, I completly agree with you. ;)

Well, okay, so shaking to spin jump isn't that bad, but pressing 1 and shaking is what really annoys me.

Yeah, it takes a while to get used to, and by then it becomes natural, but, I don't know, I feel like I should concentrate more on playing the actual game than adjusting to a different control scheme.

Besides, just because you CAN add motion controls don't mean that you have to include them in every game for the Wii. Like Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn; that game didn't have any motion-sensing junk in it (that I know of).

But, that's just me. Sorry to sound like a whiner, but I'm just putting it out there.

King Cold said:
I was somewhat disappointed with the final boss.
Have you tried multiplayer? If you're tired of single player, try multi. The coin battle is the best mode of multiplayer.

Oh, for the people who don't have the game, pretty much every level can be used in multiplayer. Once you clear a world's castle, all the levels from that world are unlocked.

Sorry for being a little random, but here's just some deep thinking I've been doing:

I found NSMBWii's difficulty to be pretty much on the same level with the old NES games and Super Mario World once you get far enough into the game. The levels may seem kind of short, but it's just following the length pattern SMB1-3 and SMW had. World 8 even had some diabolical parts that were even tougher than the other games (except the Lost Levels, no Mario Game has ever been harder than that). I don't really see why people are complaining that it's "too easy", sure it seems a little easy compared to modern games, but it's meant to be a tribute/somewhat of a new addition the old classic Mario platformers. As someone who has all the old SMB games and All-Stars, I find NSMBWii pretty fantastic and a great tribute. Of course people might bash me and try to make me think it was a letdown. :shifty:

The voice actors for the Koopalings are:

Iggy Koopa and Ludwig von Koopa: Mike Vaughn
Larry Koopa, Lemmy Koopa, Wendy O. Koopa, and Morton Koopa Jr.: Lani Minella
Roy Koopa: Dan Falcone

Mike Vaughn's other roles include:

Dungeon Siege II - Champion Rahvan
Eminent Domain - Animal Control Worker
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Maryman - Talk Radio
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Iggy Koopa and Ludwig von Koopa.
Resistance 2 - Zombie #3
Runaway 2: Dream of the Turtle - Pirate #1, Uno
Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars - Riddengard, Satras, Shaaikan 1, Soul 3
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - Spider-Man
State of Emergency 2 - Freak, MacNeil, Mallrat
The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar - Sandar/Chef Vraz/Warg Rider Goblin
WALL·E - In-Game Voice

Lani Minella is Rouge the Bat's old voice actress. She also voiced Pit and Lucas in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Dan Falcone is unknown.

King Cold said:
Mike Vaughn's other roles include:

Dungeon Siege II - Champion Rahvan
Eminent Domain - Animal Control Worker
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Maryman - Talk Radio
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Iggy Koopa and Ludwig von Koopa.
Resistance 2 - Zombie #3
Runaway 2: Dream of the Turtle - Pirate #1, Uno
Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars - Riddengard, Satras, Shaaikan 1, Soul 3
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - Spider-Man
State of Emergency 2 - Freak, MacNeil, Mallrat
The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar - Sandar/Chef Vraz/Warg Rider Goblin
WALL·E - In-Game Voice
That guy sure gets around. I lol'd at Spider-Man for some reason. He's kind of talented. Iggy and Ludwig's voices were very different, so I didn't expect them to be voiced by the same guy. Iggy sounded like he was hyped up on Red Bull, and Ludwig sounded like an anti-hero from one of those kiddie animes.

The only issue I had with the motion controls was in stage 7-4.

There were lifts that were activated by twisting the wii remote. Every time I tried, Mario did a spin jump as the lift activated. The lift moved out from under Mario while he was in mid air, and he plummeted into a bottomless pit. I was all :|

Other than that stage, I thought the motion controls were done very well.

...I had 97 extra lives when I finished the game. :'(

2257 said:
The only issue I had with the motion controls was in stage 7-4.

There were lifts that were activated by twisting the wii remote. Every time I tried, Mario did a spin jump as the lift activated. The lift moved out from under Mario while he was in mid air, and he plummeted into a bottomless pit. I was all :|
This happened to me as well. :(

I had a bit of that problem too. But I figured out that you could just tilt the Wiimote a little instead of quickly moving it, to make the platform move without spin jumping.

I just got to World 7 and when I heard Ludwig's voice, I was... surprised, to say the least. He sounded a lot older then I expected, though to be fair, he IS the oldest Koopaling. He also has a bit of sophistication in his voice, which is interesting. I think they're trying to play toward his Ludwig von Beethoven background, sort of.

Either way, I like it! Scratch that, I LOVE it! It makes it seem like there's truly a variety between the different Koopalings!

Smashgoom202 said:
He also has a bit of sophistication in his voice
One of us is obviously deaf...

Lol ludwig sounds snooty like a rich guy he makes me laugh lol

Woah, Lani Minella has a lot of voices in Nintendo. That´s what SEGA gets for firing her for no reason.

On topic: I really like NSMB Wii, but, as usual, what I don´t like is the people who praise this game at the expense of bashing another one, the DS game in this case. Sure the level design is a little tougher, it has Yoshi and 4 player game but I´ve recently re-played NSMB DS and, while I admit the levels are more intrincate in the Wii game, I don´t see THAT MUCH of a difference. The style, gameplay and all is the same. While the Wii game is better, that does not make the DS game BAD like I´m reading on most forums these days. The DS game still has the star-hunting battle mode (may I rmeember that a handheld usually has it more difficult to get good multiplayer, so in this case, while not bing that good, the DS multiplayer is still good), the exclusive power ups like the Mega Mushroom and the holy Koopa Shell, and you can play as WEEGEE in the single player mode, unlike in NSMB Wii which forces you to play as Mario, unless you selec 2-p mode, and purposedly kill Mario.

Also, a lot of the complains about the DS game are about features which are also shared with the Wii one (kinda like the partners in time or MK DD bashing compared to their sequels, lol):

-The DS one gest bashed for being too generous with the extra lives, but the Wii NSMB is even MORE generous with the extra lives: random Toad rescuing, Yoshi´s eggs, the mid-air spin makes easier to get to the top of the flagpole (easy 1-ups) etc.

-The DS one is bashed for being easy with the wall-jumping being a life-saver. In the Wii game you still have the wall jump, but now you gotta add the mid air spin, the propeller suit( unlike the DS game which didn´t have a flying power up) and the classic Yoshi "betrayal" (aka, jumping out of Yoshi)

This can go on and on. I really like NSMB Wii but I don´t see the reason to bash the DS game. It´s like there are people who can´t truly praise a game if it´s not at the cost of bashing another one.

Or maybe I´m just too possitive against games.

I dunno.

Piraka Wario said:
Smashgoom202 said:
He also has a bit of sophistication in his voice
One of us is obviously deaf...
Well it sounded like that to me, and I couldn't think of any other word to describe it. Besides, so far, I only just heard one voice clip, and that's when he first appears.

Maybe the word you're thinking of is not "sophistication", but "arrogant Californian surfer villain from a cartoon directed towards 2 year olds".

Piraka Wario said:
Maybe the word you're thinking of is not "sophistication", but "arrogant Californian surfer villain from a cartoon directed towards 2 year olds".
HELL NO, quite the opposite of that!

Easmo said:
Woah, Lani Minella has a lot of voices in Nintendo. That´s what SEGA gets for firing her for no reason.

On topic: I really like NSMB Wii, but, as usual, what I don´t like is the people who praise this game at the expense of bashing another one, the DS game in this case. Sure the level design is a little tougher, it has Yoshi and 4 player game but I´ve recently re-played NSMB DS and, while I admit the levels are more intrincate in the Wii game, I don´t see THAT MUCH of a difference. The style, gameplay and all is the same. While the Wii game is better, that does not make the DS game BAD like I´m reading on most forums these days. The DS game still has the star-hunting battle mode (may I rmeember that a handheld usually has it more difficult to get good multiplayer, so in this case, while not bing that good, the DS multiplayer is still good), the exclusive power ups like the Mega Mushroom and the holy Koopa Shell, and you can play as WEEGEE in the single player mode, unlike in NSMB Wii which forces you to play as Mario, unless you selec 2-p mode, and purposedly kill Mario.

Also, a lot of the complains about the DS game are about features which are also shared with the Wii one (kinda like the partners in time or MK DD bashing compared to their sequels, lol):

-The DS one gest bashed for being too generous with the extra lives, but the Wii NSMB is even MORE generous with the extra lives: random Toad rescuing, Yoshi´s eggs, the mid-air spin makes easier to get to the top of the flagpole (easy 1-ups) etc.

-The DS one is bashed for being easy with the wall-jumping being a life-saver. In the Wii game you still have the wall jump, but now you gotta add the mid air spin, the propeller suit( unlike the DS game which didn´t have a flying power up) and the classic Yoshi "betrayal" (aka, jumping out of Yoshi)

This can go on and on. I really like NSMB Wii but I don´t see the reason to bash the DS game. It´s like there are people who can´t truly praise a game if it´s not at the cost of bashing another one.

I dunno.

err... We were bashing the DS Game? Telling the truth, the DS Game is more addicting... Also, dont think this as bashing the Wii game, think it as my own opinion

Crackin355 said:
err... We were bashing the DS Game?
I think some people here were doing it a long time ago, but Easmo's post was mainly talking about people on the internet who bash it by showing what was better in NSMBWii and making the DS one look crappy.

Crackin355 said:
Easmo said:

I dunno.

err... We were bashing the DS Game? Telling the truth, the DS Game is more addicting... Also, dont think this as bashing the Wii game, think it as my own opinion

Oh, no, you got me wrong. I was speaking about the opinion I see on the internet about the DS game. I was generalizing about what I see on the internet as a whole, not refering to anyone in this specific forum.

Sorry if my post leads to confusion.

Back