Unable to use Bold, Change Font, and etc.

Yoshi! Yoshi!

Melon Inspector
Pronouns
He/him
For some reason I am unable to use:
bold, underline, slash thru, color change font, change font, share a photo, share a link, quotes, and so on.

The entire bar containing all these options is faded out.

Here is a picture:

D56A6094-9446-4D91-8D89-BBC3407A4543.jpeg

Nm I fixed it, I pressed the red gear symbol and it came back lol

I do have one other query, how do you use Mario Emojis/emotes like Yoshi?

Or just write :Yoshi:

Nm I fixed it, I pressed the red gear symbol and it came back lol

The red gear symbol switches between raw BBCode and the Xenforo formatting.

You can still add bold in raw BBCode, just type in brackets:

Code:
[B]Your text here[/B]

I learned this before the forum switched to Xenforo since it by default displays raw BBCode.

I switch between the two, in case anyone is wondering (especially if some people want to figure out why they want to switch to raw BBcode).

Raw BBcode can be more convenient pasting content also annoyingly copies any formatting (such as pasting article headlines and they show as large and bold in your text and you'll have to go over and remove formatting), and resizing images to precise pixels (say you want to show a grid of images that are like 5,000x5,000 pixels and you have to scale it down. You'll need to edit raw BBC to get them to be exactly 200x200 pixels).

Additionally, there's some code I haven't seen in the toolbar such as [hr] that creates a line break and, well, [ICODE] that displays inline code without making a paragraph. Editing raw BBCode can probably give you more flexibility with some options too, such as typeface/font family including making your text be impact or the dreaded comic sans (which falls back to some serif Times New Roman typeface if the browser doesn't support it.

Back