Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good Luck

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Virtuous

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 20 83.3%

• Total voters
There should be a Yoshi's Island game with Kirby instead of Baby Mario.

It's not too uncommon for a known herbivore to supplement their diet with meat for protein purposes - you can see this especially with certain mammals like deer or even cows.
in fact no animal is 100% carnivorous or 100% herbivorous to my knowledge. cats for example are obligate carnivores but will gladly eat grass which helps them with digestive processes, or something

as for yoshis. i like to think they just reproduce through parthenogenesis like certain lizards. this is supported by a few games even
but they can and do also lay eggs without offspring, which yoshis even can as newborns apparently... i realise theyd need a diet that especially actually helps with producing eggshells ?

Definitely yeah, most animals simply lean more towards a particular diet and will supplement from various sources! An interesting fact I learned is that the Bearded Vulture eats bones specifically. But the proteins, which those foods are rich in, are actually most helpful for the animal's reproduction.

Parthenogenesis is common in a lot of reptiles and amphibians. It is rarely seen in birds though, the more avian the dinosaur the less likely I think it would be capable of doing so.

ah yep yep bearded vultures mostly eat bone marrow (or something) and theyre also like the best bird ever i think
and huh yeahhh it looks like parthenogenesis for birds never results well. most of the time the eggs dont even hatch, and even if a bird produced by this DOES hatch it develops problems anyway
wikipedia said:
Rarely, viable birds result from this process, and the rate at which this occurs in turkeys can be increased by selective breeding,[89] however male turkeys produced from parthenogenesis exhibit smaller testes and reduced fertility.[90]
so huhh.... that kind of sets a problem for yoshis huh

I would say we are applying real-world logic to an adorable fictional dinosaur that can talk and allows a plumber to ride on his back, so some liberties can and are definitely taken here. Heh.

i have ridiculous speculative biology headcanons but can and will still gladly handwave whatever i cant explain with a mere "its mario lmao" so. True !

Same here actually. You should see the discussions people have about Godzilla's phylogeny and whatnot!

Reactions: zel
I know some have claimed Yoshi reproduced asexually, but I have always had the headcanon there are male and female Yoshies.

There should be a Yoshi's Island game with Kirby instead of Baby Mario.

It would make a great crossover game. Yoshi and Kirby have a lot in common.

I would say we are applying real-world logic to an adorable fictional dinosaur that can talk and allows a plumber to ride on his back, so some liberties can and are definitely taken here. Heh.

Haha yeah Yoshi breaks rules like any fictional character. I love em though. :)

Me too, Yoshi is far too cute to be governed by the rules of reality here. :)

What Mario and his pals don't know is Yoshi is the center of the Universe. ;)

A2E5D011-667E-4C92-9F39-F436BF8AF63E.jpeg

I've created a Discord Server called "Dinosaur Island- Yoshi Fanclub," for Yoshi fans. I you want to join let me know. :yoshi:

Red Yoshi: "I am fire! I am death."
E1507BFD-066B-4DDB-A154-4DF03D4029EC.jpeg

Other Yoshies: Isn't that a little dark?

Lol XD

493F474F-D8C0-4917-B576-00E371202784.jpeg

Baby Yoshi Domination!

Happy 4th to all US Friends! Yoshi Yoshi!

78A7DA03-D536-4A9D-BE2A-0F844511A037.jpeg

Your first question is a trick question all Yoshi's are amazing and the best except for the Yoob. Also, do you remember the game they love me, they love me not on Super Mario 64 DS and New Super Mario Bros.And here is some Yoshi art for You. I also call baby Yoshi´s Moshi because that was what my best friend called them.
tumblr_84ce7f5725d7f13482a5a461f454977b_90bb4268_250.gif
4648764440_44664f1ea2_n.jpg

Last edited:
@GreenThunder
You win the Yoshi Cookies! It was a trick question indeed. The answer is all of the above!

6FFAC912-2B8A-4FAD-958B-15C345BC76C8.png

So I was wondering if I was the first one to solve that trick and you wondering about Kamek well
Kamek is a motherly figure to Baby Bowser but is also a dude.

Last edited:
So I was wondering if I was the first one to solve that trick and you wondering about Kamek well
Kamek is a motherly figure to Baby Bowser but is also a dude.

Others voted all of the above, but you were the first to post it, so you win!

I think that's a wiki issue of confusing Kamek and Kammy Koopa. It actually came up in discussion once before.

Have you seen the Episode in the Super Mario World Show called Mama Luigi
it's kinda like that
Luigi is the Mother figure to Yoshi but he is a dude

Have you seen the Episode in the Super Mario World Show called Mama Luigi
it's kinda like that
Luigi is the Mother figure to Yoshi but he is a dude

I have heard Mama Luigi.

Yoshi and Rosalina

E4AFCDA7-AA98-47D3-8FC8-408BF8AC892F.jpeg

Back