actually good phone games

Teedgee

wheres the bathroom
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Toadgamer
phones! it's a thing. a thing that maybe 1 or 2 people own. they're used for things like texting, google and most importantly.....watching anime at a really low quality because your phone sucks and not even bothering to use a pc or something like that.....wait is that just me

oh and it has games. thats kinda cool

while the app store is full of garbage like gacha games and a billion mario ripoffs that rip each other off, there are hidden gems that no-one really talks about, games that you really wish were available on pc or an actual console. so i made a thread to discuss those games

there are rules however, only talk about games that are exclusive to mobile (sorry among us), so no mobile ports like minecraft pocket edition or classic sonic remasters. also if the game is popular dont talk about it because everyone knows about it, which defeats the whole purpose of this thread.

anyway, let's start

you guys might be familiar with nitrome. probably because of bomb chicken on the switch and shovel knight dig on the way (i just realized they havent talked about this game for quite some time...). i found out about them thanks to their mobile apps, and the first nitrome game i've played is magic touch
1604652537730.png

the premise is pretty simple. you see balloons, they all have symbols on them. you draw the symbols, and the balloons pop. you need to pop them quickly though, because robots (i think they are) are tied to them, and you can't let them land or you lose. popping the balloons makes them fall, thus killing them. it gets much faster the more you play, and you have to be quick, because there will be several guys on the screen at once eventually, and they'll have several balloons. playing the game gets you in-game money you can use to buy different skins for your character, different stages, and spells that can help you. there's different modes, like a hard mode, an easy mode and a time attack mode. give it a go if you're looking for good apps.

1604652974974.png

if you like warioware, you'll probably like dumb ways to die, which is basically the same thing, but it's a mobile game and theres blood. now ok. i did say "no popular games", and i think some of you know about this game, but nowadays no-one talks about it so i figured i'd throw it in. first of all, some people might be "oh no blood violent blood bad", and i dont blame you; i didnt play the game when i was little because of that, but don't let that fool you. this game takes advantage of the phone's capabilities (i wouldnt recommend downloading it on an ipad) and it's really fun. not much needs to be said, like i said, it's basically warioware but on your phone. on top of that, the game has quite a few sequels, it can be considered a series. i played the second one, but most of them are all the same premise. apparently theres other games in the series that are a different genre, but i personally dont care about them. so, if you can't wait for warioware on the switch anymore, this should keep you entertained before nintendo announces it.

D... Do people know Dumb Ways to Die is about the Melbourne train network...?

- Pokemon Go
- Ingress
- Candy Crush
- Genshin Impact
- Among Us
- Words With Friends
- Draw Something

Not gonna be surprising but...

1604669977624.png

Jojo's Pitter Patter Pop!

It's a really addicting game that uses puzzle matching gameplay like candy crush. You go on quests to defeat enemies to level up your characters that you get from gachas and you have an apartment complex where all your characters live at and they can interact with each other and irt has an adorable artstyle packed with Jojo references.

Sadly this game is only for Japan so you will need Qoo-App to download it and the game will all be in Japanese, but there is a reddit, discord, and many tutorial videos to help you learn the game and stay on top of in game events for special rare characters!

Down below are some screenshots from my playthroughs

ジョジョピタ_Screenshot_2020.10.04_22.26.35.png

Characters interacting in the apartments.

ジョジョピタ_Screenshot_2020.10.04_22.50.27.png

The team set up screen.

ジョジョピタ_Screenshot_2020.10.15_08.11.53.png

Winning a battle (and showing off my limited voiced josuke hehehe)

i remember back in high school when I played a lot of mobile games in class, everybody in school did. Dragonvale was a thing for a while, temple run and mini golf games. Modern Combat 3 was probably my favourite, just an FPS but there were so many people with it that there would always be at least one full lobby on the school wi-fi, maybe even two depending on the time of day. I got so good at that game but it died off when Modern Combat 4 came out and then school holidays happened, nobody was playing it when we got back. I remember nothing about my education but I could tell you all about those map layouts lmao.

but if we're talking niche games then I should bring up fgo and genshin impact, not many people know about those ones.

angry birds stella was only on mobile i believe and god DAM do i miss it. rovio killed it off about two years after release, ending with not much content i will ALWAYS say the game deserved better : (((
it was just a fun little game with some neat features i dont think are present in your average angry birds game, and i never realised until now but i also greatly enjoy that the group mostly consists of girls and the villain is a girl. finally. and theyre all great too!!! shoutouts to willow in particular heres a pic of willow

i did realllly like angry birds space and bad piggies back in the day too but those are on other platforms. i miss these too i havent played an angry birds game in years

angry birds stella was only on mobile i believe and god DAM do i miss it. rovio killed it off about two years after release, ending with not much content i will ALWAYS say the game deserved better : (((
it was just a fun little game with some neat features i dont think are present in your average angry birds game, and i never realised until now but i also greatly enjoy that the group mostly consists of girls and the villain is a girl. finally. and theyre all great too!!! shoutouts to willow in particular heres a pic of willow

i did realllly like angry birds space and bad piggies back in the day too but those are on other platforms. i miss these too i havent played an angry birds game in years
Pretty much Angry Birds in general.
Except Angry Birds Go.
fuck ABGO.

Reactions: zel

i cant see the image
and yeah i liked the game too and i miss it

Reactions: zel
is it still possible to play angry birds stella if i don't think it exists on any of my devices right now?

Part Time UFO was a mobile exclusive up until about last week, but it's still significantly cheaper on mobile and is still pretty darn good.

Besides that...Super Mario Run I guess? It's actually pretty great and considerably better than the other mobile Mario games, and while the price may be a bit steep for some, I think it's fair for what's on offer here. The Internet requirement is disappointing though.

i dont know for sure but on android if you still have the account you got ab stella with, you should be able to download it on play store again as you wish? i dont know if it actually Works but last i checked the option was there on my phone (which doesnt have the game installed). ill need to get around to downloading it

Mario Kart Tour. Everyone else here hates it, but I love this game. This game has SO much content, and that's what makes this the best Mario Kart game ever (even better than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe), and also the best mobile Mario game. I only played Super Mario Run for a few days before I got bored, and I only played the tutorial level of Dr. Mario World (didn't want to play anymore, game was boring). I've uninstalled both games and have no desire to ever play them again, but I still play Mario Kart Tour every day and it's amazing.

Angry Birds.
Mario Run.
Cut the Rope.

B R A W L S T A R S.

its too bad that rovio kinda gave up on angry birds after the movie (which sucked in my opinion). angry birds 2 was definitely the most fun angry birds game, and i'd love to see classic angry birds make a comeback

its too bad that rovio kinda gave up on angry birds after the movie (which sucked in my opinion). angry birds 2 was definitely the most fun angry birds game, and i'd love to see classic angry birds make a comeback
I liked the movie. But the bajillion other AB apps that ran for a few months and then got cancelled is probably a red flag.
Rovio removed all of the old AB games off the App Store. (star wars and rio I can understand, due to rights and everything) Right now, I think the only Angry Birds games on the App Store are Transformers, 2, Blast!, and Evolution. (let me know if I missed any) The success of the movie and it's sequel probably made Rovio think that games with the movie designs (with the exception of Evolution) would do well. I love playing AB2, it's really fun. I do wish that the classic Angry Birds formula would make a comeback.

That is probably THE longest thing I've written on this fourm.

I'm currently inactive on Stardust Shooters since April Fool's of this year (mostly in favor of Pitter-Patter Pop), but now I want to play it again...

(And yes I'm a JoJo fan and I have all of JoJo games)

Back