Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Thanks. I meant SSBB.

Here's a quote from an interview w/ IGN (http://wii.ign.com/articles/776/776878p1.html):

"IGN: Does this pave the way for Sonic and Mario starring together in other games?

Laurent Fischer: We've spent a long time finalising this one and we're not thinking about the next game, just yet. The Olympics just seemed like the right way to bring them together.

IGN: So we won't see Sonic appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Laurent Fischer: That's not on the cards at the moment.

Mike Hayes: Really, we felt that the Olympics provided a neutral ground for the two stars.

Laurent Fischer: Yes, the Olympics are something very special. If you have ever been to the Olympics it's amazing to see the spirit of the people watching the events - people share in a very special moment. That is something we want to recreate with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games."

Hmmm.... I'm begging to be skeptical. The olympics? It just... doesnt seem ver nintendo-ish.

Well, its pretty much being made by Sega, I think it was their idea in the first place and Mario just kinda got thrown in; just picture it as another Mario Kart Arcade GP or Mario Hoops 3-on-3, but this time, with the Mario guys as the guests.

Stumpers said:
Thanks. I meant SSBB.

Here's a quote from an interview w/ IGN (http://wii.ign.com/articles/776/776878p1.html):

"IGN: Does this pave the way for Sonic and Mario starring together in other games?

Laurent Fischer: We've spent a long time finalising this one and we're not thinking about the next game, just yet. The Olympics just seemed like the right way to bring them together.

IGN: So we won't see Sonic appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Laurent Fischer: That's not on the cards at the moment.

Mike Hayes: Really, we felt that the Olympics provided a neutral ground for the two stars.

Laurent Fischer: Yes, the Olympics are something very special. If you have ever been to the Olympics it's amazing to see the spirit of the people watching the events - people share in a very special moment. That is something we want to recreate with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games."

:cry:

.... That doesn't mean he won't be in it, his chances are just somewhat decreased.......

Monty Mole said:
Or NBA Street V3.

And Mario gets top billing even though he's thrown in.

I wouldn't say Mario is "thrown in" here, even if Sega Sports is making it. This is something that Nintendo and Sega were talking about for a long time. If Mario is thrown in, so is Sonic, because neither have a "better" role than the other.

shigeru miyamoto is going to be part of the development to make sure they dont screw it over big time....so i think i just might get it...

That April Fools line has got me wondering.... oh well, CROSSOVER!!! WOOT!

I think if it were an April Fools it would have been released on April 1st, but you never know. I hope we see Sonic in SSBB... I hope I hope I hope.

It looks cool. At first I was like OMG SIGN OF ARMAGEDDON!

But then I calmed down.

After huddling in the corner for two weeks.

:shifty:

I think Sonic and Mario should NEVER appear in a game together...not in brawl, not in anything! This is a bad idea....is anyone sure this isn't a hoax?

It would cause a great cataclysm almost, but not entirely, unlike the one told of in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

ultimatetoad said:

Just don't think they should... :?: :!:

Well, if this ISNT a trick, I hope Toad, and Big the Cat are in it.

Characters that should be in it:

Big the Cat
Wario
Bowser
Eggman
Amy Rose
Princess Peach
Tikal
Birdo (?)
Princess Daisy
Cream & Cheese
Chaos Zero
Donkey Kong
Froggy (j/k)
Metal Sonic
Shadow the Hedgehog
Shadow Mario

a Hero Chao. What? am I the ONLY person here who thinks Hero Chaos are cool???

I like normal Chao, 'CAUSE ONE OF 'EM'S NAMED CHEESE!

But really, here's my top three Sonic characters:

1. Miles/Tails/Freak/Whatever they're calling him today
2. Buzzbomber
3. Uh... Someone really obscure... Someone from AoStH, probably... Uh... Never mind. I'll just say oxygen; it's in most Sonic games.

Back