2020 movies

Teedgee

wheres the bathroom
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Toadgamer
there weren't a lot of big movies this year, and for obvious reasons. not only that, but the movies were closed for most of the year, so the only way to watch them was by renting them and watching them online, which i havent done at all. so i made a thread about this subject, and heck we can also talk about the movies themselves.

the sonic movie is pretty much the only movie that came out this year that i watched, and it's pretty fantastic if i'd say so myself. we also got other movies like onward, trolls world tour, scoob and not mulan. i havent watched those so i cant say anything other than the fact that i never wanna watch the mulan remake.

i dont have much else to say... there were so little movies this year....

at least we got soul in november

if pixar doesnt move it to disney plus

Apart from Onward and the Sonic movie, I haven't watched them/didn't enjoy them. Also yes, not watching the awful mulan remake anytime soon.

Watching people rant and rave about it on YouTube is all I need to know about the Mulan remake. What makes it even worse is that Disney is completely complacent with human rights abuses such as the Uighur treatment and their lead actor being anti-Hong Kong.

Man I liked the original cartoon, but the live action one is a trainwreck. I mean, one of the biggest plot points of the film is that they turned Mulan into this super-powered character rather than a girl who, through hard work, becomes equal with the other members of the camp.

I dont want characters to be all powerful people who cant get hurt "because they are the main character and they cant be harmed whatsoever". I like my characters to learn their skills, not just make them a Mary Sue.

did that scooby doo movie come out where they basically said 'fuck you' to literally all of the established voice actors and just cast celebs for the scooby gang (except i think frank welker still voiced scooby but not fred and why the fuck would you do that he's literally voiced fred since the original cartoon) come out or was that delayed to 2021?

Man I liked the original cartoon, but the live action one is a trainwreck. I mean, one of the biggest plot points of the film is that they turned Mulan into this super-powered character rather than a girl who, through hard work, becomes equal with the other members of the camp.

Shan Yu to Disney: "Looks like you're all out of ideas".

Onward and Sonic were awesome. Haven't been following that Mulan remake but from what I'm hearing above it sounds even worse than previous Disney live-action adaptations, so no thanks.

movies were doing this since 2019, but i hate how every modern movie now has to have flossing. it just makes me think "hey, kids like fortnite, so if we put flossing in our movies they'll be more invested in them!"

i mean i don't like it in general when a movie puts a popular trend in it, and the flossing is no exception.

movies were doing this since 2019, but i hate how every modern movie now has to have flossing. it just makes me think "hey, kids like fortnite, so if we put flossing in our movies they'll be more invested in them!"

i mean i don't like it in general when a movie puts a popular trend in it, and the flossing is no exception.
I mean at this point, Fortnite is a game that no longer has its oldest popularity, and most people on the internet says that fortnite sux and that fall guys or among us is better, and I gotta say they really are

Not to be rude, but can we talk about how mediocre the Sonic movie is?
Sonic Movie was a good kids flick but not a lot there for the grown ups. It's not ambitious at all.

Detective Pikachu was a lot better. I think if you're a really little kid and don't know about Sonic or Pokemon then Sonic will be better. But the real life designs of the Pokemon and having them behave as they do in the existing lore? You could tell there was a lot more love for the source material in it.

2020 has been a pretty unremarkable year for movies... and everything else for that matter, but at least the Sonic movie was pretty good.

Back