Super Mario Galaxy

A cute yellow ball is very marketable.

Galaxy is fantastic. I honestly slightly prefer Galaxy 2 though, and while it kind of is a huge expansion pack, I don't think that's a bad thing. The two are definitely my favorite Mario platformers ever.

If these 35th anniversary remasters are real...well I'd mainly be looking forward to Sunshine since it's nearly impossible to buy GameCube games in 2020, but Galaxy on the go would be pretty fantastic as well.
Yeah, it's weird cause if Galaxy 1 & 2 were made today, 2 would be like, 3 dlc packs.

It's apparently evident Galaxy 2 didn't have enough juice for a full priced sequel so it's stuffed up with a ton of filler to pad out what should've been a smaller game

I'm still astonished in my disagreement of the Metacritic review scores today. It's nowhere near that good in my opinion.

Rosalina is a lot of things, but emo isn't one of them...

Oh yeah Galaxy 2 just took whatever Galaxy 1 had in terms of some character and world building and launched those into a black hole. Rosalina barely appears in Galaxy 2. And introduced new characters that were also presumably forced into a black hole later. And that black hole occasionally spits out that homogenous mess so we get the very occasional Starship Mario but it's mostly Galaxy 1 vomit.

I mean, in general, I feel Galaxy 2 had a much better postgame than Galaxy 1. I thought the special world's harder versions of Galaxy 1 levels were actually pretty interesting, and didn't see them as "lazy retreads". Green Stars aren't the best, but I think they get far too much hate and they're definitely better than Super Luigi Galaxy. Grandmaster Galaxy's first mission is also a great finale and underrated, but The Perfect Run should go burn in flames.

Galaxy 1's postgame is pretty much just purple comets (which Galaxy 2 also has), Super Luigi Galaxy (you beat the game! Now, you can do it again, except with Luigi!), and Grand Finale Galaxy (underrated, but Galaxy 2's Ultimate Test is better)

Oh yeah Galaxy 2 just took whatever Galaxy 1 had in terms of some character and world building and launched those into a black hole. Rosalina barely appears in Galaxy 2. And introduced new characters that were also presumably forced into a black hole later. And that black hole occasionally spits out that homogenous mess so we get the very occasional Starship Mario but it's mostly Galaxy 1 vomit.
Not to mention Starship Mario isn't nearly as good as the Comet Observatory.

Last edited:
Back