The official Sonic ANYTHING Thread

Lario

Seems so long ago.
Err... Yeah.

Since I don't play the games, I have nothing to say...

Played the old ones though, and that staying underwater too long music is a bit traumatizing...

EDIT: How did I miss that? -_-

EDIT 2: Bleh.

Re: The official Sonic games

Brie Loader said:
Sonic the Hedgehog 1

Sonic the hedgehog

Explain

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was always my favorite.

Brie Loader said:
The OFFICIAL Sonic games?

By that, do you mean...

Sonic the Hedgehog 1
Sonic the Hedgehog 1 (GG Ver)
Sonic the hedgehog 2
Sonic the hedgehog 2 (Genesis Ver)
SegaSonic the Hedgehog
Sonic CD
Sonic Chaos
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic Triple Trouble
Sonic Labyrinth
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic Blast
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Pocket Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Rush
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic the hedgehog
Sonic Rush Adventure
Sonic Unleashed

I believe that is the "main" series.
You missed a spot.

Re: The official Sonic games Thread

Yeah, you need Secret Rings and Black Knight up there.

I'm probably the only person here who's played Black Knight, but it's a cool game. Jason Griffith is really good in it, and basically sounds like a more mature Ryan. Unfortunately, Jason still sucks at voicing Shadow and Jet. The others actors still suck, unfortunately.

And the Sonic Adventure games were great, for a lot of reasons.

1. Other characters besides Sonic.
2. The old voice actors didn't suck. The new ones are just plain terrible.
3. Epic music.
4. I pretty much summed it all up with the three above.
5. Wait, why am I still typing?

I liked Shadow the Hedgehog.

Sure, it started the voice acting issue. I didn't like how different all the characters sounded at first, but once you get used to the terrible voice acting, it's not so bad.

Brie Loader said:
If you just want to put down every game, you missed a ton. Like Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic and the Secret Rings, that one old arcade game that gave you popcorn...
I'm putting all the platformers down.

Brie Loader said:
Secret Rings and Black Knight were both platformers(I haven't played Black Knight, but I'm pretty sure it's a lot like Secret Rings...) <.<
They're still spinoffs.

Brie Loader said:
And Sonic Labyrinth isn't?
Being unable to jump =/= a spinoff
However, SEGA are so insistent on SR and BK being spinoffs that they've labeled them as their own series.

TiDi said:
Brie Loader said:
And Sonic Labyrinth isn't?
Being unable to jump =/= a spinoff
However, SEGA are so insistent on SR and BK being spinoffs that they've labeled them as their own series.
What Uniju is saying is that even they're spin-offs, that doesn't change the fact that they are Sonic games, and thus should be on that list.

Please, I already have the spinoff argument a lot of times with Mario, so let´s not do it with Sonic again, shall we? If Sonic or any character part of the franchise is in the title, it´s a Sonic game, spin off or not.

Also, I have recently beaten Black Knight, although I haven´t 5 star´d every mission, because the Wii isn´t mine (a friend gave it to me for a few days so I could play the game).

Pretty neat game: still has some things I dislike but I did like it a lot. Basically, what I don´t like is that:

1-Jet and Silver (Sir Lamorak and Sir Galahad) are multiplayer only. It would have been awesome to play as Jet in the main adventure. I think Jet is like the SEGA counterpart to Waluigi: he never gets out of the sports and multiplayer games :/

2-Speaking about the additional characters, you can only play them in the last six worlds (there are 12 of them in the game). And the very last world still has a sonic-only mission, and about two normal missions :/

3-I know it´s like the trademark of the "storybook series" but, although I liked the fact that you decide when and how to move with the stick ( they got rid of Satsr´s automatic movement), you still have to follow a determined route. This can annoy you in missions like "chain 100 rings" because, although you have some control with the stick, the character is always facing straight to the determined path and can screw your chain if you don´t grab rings behind you/at your side.

4-Too many freaking enemies. I know they wanted to emphatize the "knight and swords" theme but in certain stages, there are just too many of them. Luckily, combat is non-mandatory, so if you wanna speedrun, you can still ignore the foes, so this isn´t a really negative point.

5-This one is just a personal complain but still... I would have like a "lives and checkpoints" traditional system, rather than re-entering the stage about two steps before the place you got owned. Just a matter of preference, not that I dislike games just because of this fact. Heck, there are some awesome platformers out there withouth extra-lives system, such as Wario Land 2, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (GCN version) or, to name a Sonic example, Knuckles Chaotix.

Aside from those points, I liked the game in general: good graphics, good gameplay, more normal missions (because some of satsr missions were playing annoying like the dinosaur eggs thing), the return of the items which were absent from unleashed (although they got arthur-ized too), the collectibles (the customisable abilities from Satsr, you now get them as collectibles in the stages or upon clearing them), etc

Is it just me, or is Sonic the Hedgehog 3 almost impossible? I could never get past Zone 4.

$†øøߥ said:
Is it just me, or is Sonic the Hedgehog 3 almost impossible? I could never get past Zone 4.
Is that the carnival stage? If it is, are you at the part where you're trapped in a "room" with a spinning barrel looking thing?

Crow T. Robot said:
$†øøߥ said:
Is that the carnival stage? If it is, are you at the part where you're trapped in a "room" with a spinning barrel looking thing?
I know what he's talking about.

... And so do you, too.

Crow T. Robot said:
$†øøߥ said:
Yes, that's exactly where I always get stuck at.

$†øøߥ said:
Crow T. Robot said:
$†øøߥ said:

down

up

down

up

dowwwwwwwn...

Up!

Blitzwing-2 said:
$†øøߥ said:
Crow T. Robot said:
$†øøߥ said:

down

up

down

up

dowwwwwwwn...

Up!
What Blitz said. Stand on the barrel, and alternatly press up and down.

I constantly do that, but I don't seem to get high enough.

If the problem is about getting high, pot might help.

Tried that.

$†øøߥ said:

Man, I could barely get past part 1 with that stupid water stage.

Damn, they need more of those bubble things.

Easmo said:
1-Jet and Silver (Sir Lamorak and Sir Galahad) are multiplayer only. It would have been awesome to play as Jet in the main adventure. I think Jet is like the SEGA counterpart to Waluigi: he never gets out of the sports and multiplayer games :/

Jet not only has an ear-spliting voice, but he has no personality besides the whole "HEY SONIC U SUCKORZ I'MMA BEAT J00" that Shadow already has down. He's terrible. He should've stayed in Riders.

Back