Battle of the name changes: Toadstool vs Robotnik & Peach vs Eggman

Which name do you like better?

• I like both Peach and Eggman.

• I like Toadstool and Robotnik.

• I like Peach and Robotnik

• I like Toadstool and Eggman.

• I don't care, I call them whatever I like.

• I have no preference.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
Simply put this thread is all about which names do you like better?

Me personally I like Robotnik better than Toadstool and I like Peach better than Eggman.

Toadstool is just better off as a last name for Peach. Toadstool is a trashy name anyways.

I prefer the name Peach, but Toadstool works well as a last name. It creates an appreciable contrast between something pleasant and refined, and some smelly growth you'd find in a swamp. We can't (easily) change our last names, and it's a fun way to play around with that concept.

As for the other case, I like the concept of "Dr. Ivo Robotnik" being his official civilian name and "Eggman" being the thing everyone who knows him calls him by. It matches well with Miles "Tails" Prower, who shares some of his qualities and who he's been paired up with.

Reactions: zel
I prefer the name Peach, but Toadstool works well as a last name. It creates an appreciable contrast between something pleasant and refined, and some smelly growth you'd find in a swamp. We can't (easily) change our last names, and it's a fun way to play around with that concept.

As for the other case, I like the concept of "Dr. Ivo Robotnik" being his official civilian name and "Eggman" being the thing everyone who knows him calls him by. It matches well with Miles "Tails" Prower, who shares some of his qualities and who he's been paired up with.
I agree on that Peach is a better name than Toadstool. Toadstool doesn't sound like a name for a princess and you wouldn't call anyone that unlike Robotnik. Toadstool is one of the worst names ever for a person. At least Peach sounds like a real name after people have been called that. I agree that Toadstool makes a great last name to tie in with the theme of the Mushroom Kingdom and the fact that she has a father and mother called King Toadstool and Queen Toadstool.

Eggman is a nice nickname for Robotnik though and I can agree with that.

Also though, we are examining this from the perspective of our own society. It's possible that Toadstool is a name that carries great honor and respect in toad culture. Maybe young toads grow up learning that, to bear the name of Toadstool means to be the epitome of grace, beauty, and wisdom. They might be a symbol of the strong and righteous. A fairy tale could exist that tells the story of a princess that ate the poisonous mushroom but was too pure and just to be corrupted by its vile toxins. She was henceforth called Toadstool in honor of her triumph, and her tale seeded the public belief that the royal family were invincible gods among mortals. It became tradition to bequeath the Toadstool name to every princess henceforth, to inspire them to grow up just like the brave and noble figure of yore. A blazing icon of mushroom pride.

It could also be just as silly of a name. We don't know.

Reactions: zel
Huh all this and you haven't made a connection between the species and the princess bearing the name of the species. Toadstool can imply "throne of the Toads" in Mushroom Kingdomian as how Corona is associated with "kinda nasty beer" but also means "crown". Hence why the Toadstool surname is of great honor for Mushroom Kingdomers, but is associated with lugubrious bogs in our planet.

Back