How do I fix Automatic repair loop?

London Parris

Retired until further notice
Banned User
MarioWiki
White Lightning
My computer is going to system restore every time I try to boot it up. How do I fix it?

Are you talking about the auto-checkdisk on start-up that keeps failing? Because I have that problem too, weirdly enough, and using the cmd line solution doesn't seem to fix it.

Are you talking about the auto-checkdisk on start-up that keeps failing? Because I have that problem too, weirdly enough, and using the cmd line solution doesn't seem to fix it.

That is what I had.

No.

I don't know what that is.

system32 is the place where all your important computer files are kept and I don't think heromario knows what he's talking about.

I had to force it to turn off.

Again, White Lightning, I must repeat myself: you have to be descriptive of your computer problems. You always get more questions asked back at you because the problems you described are far too vague to be helpful. I told you what happens to me in my computer, Windows 7: every time I boot it up, it tries to run a checkdisk function with a black screen and all, and if I leave it, it always fails and complains about going to an earlier system restore point, and it's been happening for a while. Because of the failing, I always end up skipping it, and I don't encounter any further problems afterhand, and my harddrive checking programs aren't finding any major problems. I try to google the problems for solutions to stop the start-up chkdsk from failing, and one of them was a command line solution that didn't work out for me.

It wouldn't turn off normally.

Why, though? Where exactly are you forcing a turn off?

Like I said, it wouldn't turn off normally.

Look, that's not enough information to be helpful. I'm going to ask you again, where are you turning it off? Like, are you turning it off at the BIOS interface?

I held down the button, but I fixed it.

:rolleyes:

Are you going to say how you fixed it or you're just going to leave that hanging around like in the other ask thread?

I returned to the point before the mess happened.

Back