Goombuigi's 'Shroom Sections

does Scrupulous Fingore technically count
I had to search that name up, but technically, it is Mario-related, so it counts.

Long time, no see! It's been over a year since I've last written for The 'Shroom, but I'm back with a new section called The Mariospective. It's a series of reviews of Mario's legacy games that are on NSO. Here's the first section, reviewing Donkey Kong.

In addition, the original post should be updated with all of The 'Shroom sections that I've written, as well the focus or theme of each one (for example, the theme of each Picross section, the interviewee(s) of each Monthly Inquisition section, etc.).

As for the future, I will stick with writing The Mariospective for the time being. I would like to write Picross and Super Mario Maker Showcase again eventually, but I'll see how things go. Also, I do still plan to use the submissions that were meant to be for Picross Issue 200 at some point. Unfortunately, I didn't get around to making it for Issue 200 like I had planned, but I would like to use these submissions at some point. I don't know when, but I'd like to use them for another special occasion.

New 'Shroom issue! This month in The Mariospective, I'm covering Mario Bros. on the NES!

In addition, I have a special one-off section this month titled The 'Shroom's Special Saga! This section is a deep dive into the complete history of The 'Shroom's special issues, from Issue 1 to Issue 200 - it covers the themes and special events of each issue, as well as background history and how they affected the paper in general.

Another month, another issue of The 'Shroom. This month's installment of The Mariospective is a review of the game Pinball.

Also, I'm honored that both The Mariospective and The 'Shroom's Special Saga were featured in Poochy's Picks this issue!

Also also, I'm now the Design Manager for The 'Shroom! I'm looking forward to planning out special issues (with which my newfound knowledge from writing The 'Shroom's Special Saga might come in handy, now that I think about it), and working with many talented community artists!

Back