Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis

Wayoshi

PM Pro
No poll this time.

March of the Minis
Having played about half of the game so far, I must say it's a very good game, but I see why IGN ranked it Decent (7.0). There are a few control flaws (Minis bumping into each other is an issue, stopping a Mini instead of making it jump is sometimes an issue as well). However, it is a game with numerous, intuitive levels that take about 1-2 minutes to complete each. Lasting Appeal is very high: Gold Stars + Construction Zone + Wi-Fi = 30-40 hours, at least.

Premature Review
Presentation: 8.5 - Could have done a bit better on the menu.
Graphics: 9.0 - Clear graphics in and out of game.
Sound: 7.0 - Mario games' sound is never outstanding, but decent. So it's decent here. :P
Gameplay: 8.8 - Few control flaws, otherwise intuitive.
Lasting Appeal: 9.8 - I'll be spending quite a bit of time getting Gold Stars on all 80 levels (mind you, that includes the DK battles...)

Your thoughts?

I havent got a chance to play it yet. please tell me something. is it true that pauline comes back in it? is she doing to re-replace peach?

ultimatetoad said:
I havent got a chance to play it yet. please tell me something. is it true that pauline comes back in it? is she doing to re-replace peach?

Yup, she's in the game. But no she doesn't want Mario's love.

It's really a different kind of game altogether. Unlike platforming, this is an action puzzle where you direct the Mini Marios with the stylus, and you never directly play as Mario himself. If you ever played Mario and Wario, it's like a more advanced version.

3Dejong said:
Good.

End.
That post ended the actual thread, silly. :P

It must be revived!

Anyway, I have the original MvsDk, but is 2 any better?

Hey, is the game worth getting?

Garlic Man said:

Yeah.

However, mine disappeared, and my Mario Kart Wii game is nowhere to be found...

Then again, I didn't have the game at my house at the time...

Lario said:
Garlic Man said:

Yeah.

It's worth getting? Okay. Well, I already stole your copy, if that's what you're looking for. I also saw Mkwii lying on the kitchen table, so I sold that on Ebay too, hope you didn't mind.

Garlic Man said:
Lario said:
Garlic Man said:

Yeah.

It's worth getting? Okay. Well, I already stole your copy, if that's what you're looking for. I also saw Mkwii lying on the kitchen table, so I sold that on Ebay too, hope you didn't mind.

Auctually, I lost Mario vs DK like, last year. I'm not so sure about MKW, as even the Wii Wheel's gone...

Lario said:
Garlic Man said:
Lario said:
Garlic Man said:

Yeah.

Auctually, I lost Mario vs DK like, last year. I'm not so sure about MKW, as even the Wii Wheel's gone...
Ah. *pulls out Wii Wheel from back pocket*

Back