COPPA rules are now in effect

This clearly shows that COPPA, FTC, and YouTube are not knowing what they're doing.
COPPA and FTC know what they're doing. YouTube does not. YouTube is relying on a bot and "computer learning" to do automatic flagging. A system which is flawed on the face of it. Yet they think there's no harm in it! 🤦‍♂️

It's not the creators' fault here. The videos were flagged automatically by YouTube and the FTC, so the blame should go to whoever made up the new COPPA rules.
no as stated earlier I think google/youtube's the one to blame, for their whole surveillance mess in the first place and creating algorithms to meet the bare minimum since that'll otherwise affect their profit margins. coppa's only enforcing what it has.

Another video I found that was flagged as "made for kids" but is actually a clip of what isn't a kids' film at all:

watch?v=fZlXbo0q6wk

Okay, I belive COPPA is going too far. If I see a South Park clip under "made for kids" that will be the last straw blown with COPPA.

hell, didn't the ftc, like, give youtube suggestions on how to this that were significantly less bad than what youtube actually implemented?

YouTube with their algorithims in the bots just make errors. From what I heard, you cannot appeal the stuff that the flawed algorithim finds as for kids when it isn't. That is just plain stupid. If YouTube followed COPPA from the beginning, then this mess wouldn't happen. Hell I think they should allow people under 13 to register with parental consent. That could of happened in the beginning too and it follows COPPA since the parents are giving consent.

That isn't going to happen. But you can wish for it to happen.

Okay, I belive COPPA is going too far. If I see a South Park clip under "made for kids" that will be the last straw blown with COPPA.

Well then, get ready to let it be the last straw now because look what else I just found: a WHOLE channel called "Sundance Now" had all of its videos set as "made for kids" (most likely by accident). To make matters worse, one of the videos in there is a trailer of a movie that is actually rated NC-17 (no one 17 and under admitted).

Here's the link to this channel:

SERIOUSLY?! That is bullshit!

Back