Is Peachette "a magical girl"?

I'm obsessed with magical girl anime, I wonder if in fact Peachette was inspired for as a magical girl warrior? This excites me... Never had a favorite in the Mario World (I suppose you can call it). So happy I can play her in Mario Kart Tour Mobile. I love the design and an ode to what seems of what I truly adore. I would love answers and replies. Thank you!

Attachments

• 1200px-NewSuperMarioBrosUDeluxe_Peachette.png
    1200px-NewSuperMarioBrosUDeluxe_Peachette.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 536
Last edited:
I always found that transformation strange. It's treated as an alt of Peach but it's Toadette's form, not Peach. Does that change how you perceive her?

Kind of weird to call it an individuality of a character in my opinion. But maybe it'll be like Metal Mario where she's treated as a separate character.

Would you like to see forms of Daisy, Rosalina, Pauline, and maybe a proper Toadette?

Kind of weird to call it an individuality of a character in my opinion. But maybe it'll be like Metal Mario where she's treated as a separate character.

Would you like to see forms of Daisy, Rosalina, Pauline, and maybe a proper Toadette?

I personally at first wouldn't have seen her as a separate character, either way the secondary notion sounds like a very interesting & great theory to go off by.
Those first 3 would be an interesting set of images to see as well. 🙂

I really hope she'll be in future games and as well as a playable Super Smash Bros DLC character. I love the idea of a magical girl in the Mario Universe that I can play as. Her outfit us very telling of that as well! Was hoping she was on the Switch's Mario Kart 8 but of well... :-\

We already have a Peach Echo in Smash, the best you could hope for Peachette is being a Final Smash for Toadette, IF she isn't simply an alt for Toad/Captain Toad.

I'm obsessed with magical girl anime, I wonder if in fact Peachette was inspired for as a magical girl warrior?
That's an interesting question, and given her design, the origin of the power-up, and Nintendo being a Japanese company, I think there's a large possibility of that being the case. Perhaps the Japanese audience would be more able to shed light on this given that they probably have a better idea of whether or not it the character is a deliberate reference to the magical girl genre given that it is a part of their culture.

Was hoping she was on the Switch's Mario Kart 8 but of well... :-\
This is why I would like them to make Mario Kart 9 for the Switch in the relatively near future: so that the cool things added in Mario Kart Tour could be featured in a more... standard game.

Back