Recent Forum Changes

Yeah, Ninji.
YouChew Poop, ytmnd, and other forums are super popular cool, but you see them being mature?

Brie Loader said:
What?
Seriously, what?
Do you come to the internet, look at a board called "Mindless Junk", and expect people to be having mature and intelligent discussions about philosophy? What websites do you go on other than this one, and what websites are you trying to compare Mindless Junk to? If you want people to be "up to par with what a (stuck up elitist) forum should be like", why do you even bother having a Mindless Junk board? If you want to see intelligent discussion look at another board and tell someone else to moderate Mindless Junk. :-\

Except that I'm not trying to turn Mindless Junk into a serious discussion board. How did you even jump to that conclusion?

As an example of what I want, I don't want 50 threads all dealing with Youtube Poops being posted over and over. It's not cool; it's not funny.

≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
Yeah, Ninji.
YouChew Poop, ytmnd, and other forums are super popular cool, but you see them being mature?

are you serious

Flailing Dark Boo said:
Brie Loader said:
What?
Seriously, what?
Do you come to the internet, look at a board called "Mindless Junk", and expect people to be having mature and intelligent discussions about philosophy? What websites do you go on other than this one, and what websites are you trying to compare Mindless Junk to? If you want people to be "up to par with what a (stuck up elitist) forum should be like", why do you even bother having a Mindless Junk board? If you want to see intelligent discussion look at another board and tell someone else to moderate Mindless Junk. :-\

Except that I'm not trying to turn Mindless Junk into a serious discussion board. How did you even jump to that conclusion?

As an example of what I want, I don't want 50 threads all dealing with Youtube Poops being posted over and over. It's not cool; it's not funny.

That's it?!
Dude, it was like that before, we only have like 1 or 2 YTP threads at a time, and they might not be funny to you, but they are to users like Toadbert, Lario, SiFi, etc.

≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:

That's it?!
Dude, it was like that before, we only have like 1 or 2 YTP threads at a time, and they might not be funny to you, but they are to users like Toadbert, Lario, SiFi, etc.

First of all, that is 1 example, not the entire reasoning.

Secondly, lolol1or2doyouevenlookatthatsection

Lastly, the demeanor and post quality of this forum reflect upon the Wiki; Steve's website, which he pays for. We most certainly do not want to be in the same rankings of the YTMND forums or YouChew whatever. It is not uncalled for to ask that we at least try to show a semblance of intelligence when you post.

Having fun and acting like an idiot are two seperate things.

Flailing Dark Boo said:
≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:

That's it?!

First of all, that is 1 example, not the entire reasoning.

Secondly, lolol1or2doyouevenlookatthatsection

Lastly, the demeanor and post quality of this forum reflect upon the Wiki; Steve's website, which he pays for. We most certainly do not want to be in the same rankings of the YTMND forums or YouChew whatever. It is not uncalled for to ask that we at least try to show a semblance of intelligence when you post.

Having fun and acting like an idiot are two seperate things.
You give us a board called "MINDLESS Junk" and expect us not to act like idiots?

Dude, what the heck?

≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
You give us a board called “MINDLESS Junk” and expect us to act like idiots?

Dude, what the heck?

Again, semantics and nitpicking. If it was called "Super Happy Funland", would you still be using this argument?

At worst, it's a misnomer. Deal with it.

Also, I never gave anyone anything.

There's a Mindless Junk board over at Xephyr too. I'm actually capable of reading the topics in that one without IQ loss.

My reaction to Ninji wanting to change Mindless Junk:
hehe.png

oh ninji whatle you do next

:rolleyes:

ML, if you had a problem with it, you should have complained when it was proposed.

Secondly, you all seem to be taking this way too far. I'm not saying that we're turning MJ into a serious discussion board. We're just uping the post quality. That's it.

Seriously. It's Mindless Junk, not /b/, and I want it to stay that way.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Seriously. It's Mindless Junk, not /b/, and I want it to stay that way.
RULES 1 & 2 MOTHERF***ER

You guys are making way too big of a deal out of this thing. You're taking a very small thing that we're going to do and are treating it like we're completely erasing the Mindless Junk board.

Mindless Junk will still be mindless; we're just tightening up on things such as flooding the place with topics/posts, letting people get away with subliminal flaming, referencing sex/drug-related stuff, etc; we also don't want to see a bunch of rick-roll topics made in a row, and then one month later, those same rick-roll topics are made again. It's a total waste of server space -- which makes all sites on said server run slower -- just to prove how idiotic one can be. (Which is one reason why we got rid of the 'no bumping' rule altogether. You can still make posts that consist of 'loln00basaurus11whut' and not get in trouble for it. Just let us do our job to maintain the site and at least make it look halfway and don't worry about it.

When the forums are turned into a concentration camp, I'll be the first to inform you that you can worry.

Brie Loader said:
Stop taking Mindless Junk so seriously and read it's god damn name, MINDLESS. JUNK.
How about you stop taking Mindless Junk so literally? "Mindless Junk" is a name. Having 'mindless' in it's name is not automatically an excuse for every post in that board to be exempt from the rules.

Brie Loader said:
Your enforcement of rules against "subliminal flaming" and "sex/drug related stuff" will obviously be used against people who did nothing wrong and will obviously be abused some time in the future, either by the mods we have whom have in the past been accused by great majorities of the site of corruption, or by other future moderators.
Obviously, if people don't post flames or sex/drug-related stuff, we would even need to use that enforcement against them. Stop making shit up to make the mods look bad. We do our jobs like we're supposed to. When we do a bad job, we get demoted.

Also, I'm really sick of seeing 'corrupt' used against every other user on this site. You guys talk about each other like you're politicians. It's a damn website, not Congress.

Brie Loader said:
Stooben, anything on the entire Mindless Junk Board could be an insult.
Just because someone takes something as an insult, doesn't make it against the rules. If you were to call me a 'n00b' and I took that as an insult, I couldn't do anything about it, because calling someone a 'n00b' is a pathetic playground insult.

Sorry for not quoting, but the page was taking forever to load; so, I'll have to do it this way.

1. Did I say that we want intelligence in the Mindless Junk board? No. I said that it's not exempt from the rules. Big difference.

2. I meant to write: "Obviously, if people don't post flames or sex/drug-related stuff, we won't even need to enforce that rule on them." Does that make more sense?

3. I didn't say we don't make mistakes. I merely don't like people accusing us of making mistakes before they even happen. When I make a mistake, then you can bring it up. Until then, it's not an issue.

4. Okay, I'll rid websites of having rules, and you rid countries of having laws. Honestly, if you want a place that doesn't have any rules, then go someplace else.

5. How would you know? The only thing you're insulted by is being told that "you're wrong". If we find something that we -- the majority of moderators -- deem as a flame, we will give out punishment; if there are no insults made, no punishment will be given.

1. OK. It just looked that way.

2. Well, what I was trying to say was basically that "we'll enforce the rules when they're being broken, but not at any other time".

3. Alright then.

4. Except that the concept of Mindless Junk isn't to flame one another, unlike the Gaming Boards where you're supposed to talk about games; Mindless Junk is a place that has less rules and allows you to be a total idiot if you want to be.

5. Whoa, that was a bit troll-ish. I could have worded it better; but I still have to admit that, to me, it seemed like you only took offense to comments like that. I just figured you were really tough-skinned when it came to insults. Sorry.

6. That was a bit confusing, but I get your point. That's not our goal though. Our only goal is to keep this site in line.

Back