Which platform do you prefer?

What gaming platform do you prefer?

• Total voters
Also you get some games free but a PC requires constant updates in hardware and software to keep up with the newly released games. I've seen my friend purchasing three graphic cards in 5 years.

This is situational and, from my personal experience, incorrect. If your friend bought a good graphics card that can run most games without issues, the PC should last him for a while. Even though I'm on my second graphic card right now, it's entirely due to hardware failure than its inability to run games.

Purchasing a new tower or a new graphics card isn't much different than buying a new console every generation.

Laptops are expensive for what they are, and can't be upgraded. It's cheaper to just buy a $200 Switch Lite then to pay $500+ for a laptop that can actually run games.

Meh. I just use my Microsoft surface and it does good for MC and Dolphin. Then again I'm not into hardcore games with more demanding hardware requirements so I wouldn't really know.

*pulls out a pc tower and monitor at the airport*
Okay, maybe it's not quite that convenient :p

Also you get some games free but a PC requires constant updates in hardware and software to keep up with the newly released games. I've seen my friend purchasing three graphic cards in 5 years.

There's both ends of the spectrum. Some people are addicted to staying as up-to-date as possible while others ride their machines for a decade with no issues aside from not attaining the absolute max setting on everything. You certainly don't need to upgrade parts often. Plus nowadays consoles come out with revisions a year or two into their runs and manufacturers want you to upgrade those too.

Back