Nintendo Switch Online

Last edited:
Is there any word on the games that are coming to the SNES and NES apps this month?

We got some new games a couple weeks ago.

Yeah! I saw that. I was just hoping if there was some kind of idea of what was coming towards the end of this month or so. Guess I'll just have to wait like everybody else. Heh.

I mean, none of these look all that appealing but it still amuses me how all the whiners are people who already played the games they want on the system.

Which is SMRPG and earthbound.

View attachment 15617

hahahaha look at that ratio
It's worse now by some extent

I mean, none of these look all that appealing but it still amuses me how all the whiners are people who already played the games they want on the system.

Which is SMRPG and earthbound.
I don't like to use the word "whiners" to describe people who want Super Mario RPG and Earthbound on the Switch. Those are games that Nintendo is taking too much time to release so that is a legitimate reason not to care for Nintendo's current patterns for SNES games. Especially since my parents gave away my Wii U right when I was starting Super Mario RPG and Earthbound this is still a legitimate problem with Nintendo's SNES release pattern.

Nah, whiners is accurate for most of them since they act like thats all the SNES has thats worth a crap.

It's an obnoxious vocal minority.

Nah, whiners is accurate for most of them since they act like thats all the SNES has thats worth a crap.

It's an obnoxious vocal minority.
They act like Nintendo has some moral obligation to give us all the games.

They act like Nintendo has some moral obligation to give us all the games.
But it would be better if Nintendo did release those games on the switch.

But it would be better if Nintendo did release those games on the switch.
I don't deny it, and I wish they would, but Nintendo isn't in the wrong for not releasing them, it's their ip and they can do as they wish with it.

I don't deny it, and I wish they would, but Nintendo isn't in the wrong for not releasing them, it's their ip and they can do as they wish with it.
Just because it's a company's decision doesn't always mean that it's not wrong though. For example this can be said of how YouTube just turns off comments on videos marked "for kids" and then people can't discuss their opinion on scenes in kids' shows and movies in the comments. Just because that's YouTube's decision doesn't mean that it's right, and then there should still be comments that just aren't viewable in the YouTube Kids app instead of negatively impacting everyone. The same goes for Nintendo, just because it's their decision to not release Super Mario RPG and Earthbound, or at least even put it in a port to the Switch, doesn't make it right as then people can't experience the magic of those games.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone was arguing Nintendo was morally in the wrong for not releasing IPs; it's true they don't owe players anything. However, I still believe that the criticism of the offerings is still fully valid and I don't think Nintendo should continue complaining about piracy in the meantime.

I also don't think the games offered look terrible either but like, people are frustrated with Nintendo relying on the excruciating slow dripfeed of their library.

I don't think anyone was arguing Nintendo was morally in the wrong for not releasing IPs; it's true they don't owe players anything. However, I still believe that the criticism of the offerings is still fully valid and I don't think Nintendo should continue complaining about piracy in the meantime.

I also don't think the games offered look terrible either but like, people are frustrated with Nintendo relying on the excruciating slow dripfeed of their library.
Well I feel like "morally" wrong is maybe a bit of a strong added word that sounds like you're doing evil, but just because it's a company's decision doesn't make it right, and Nintendo needs to at least put those games in a port or something.

I'm not sure if "right" and "wrong" is the correct adjectives to use in this situation. More like "stupid" and "smart".

I'm not sure if "right" and "wrong" is the correct adjectives to use in this situation. More like "stupid" and "smart".
That's fair, or even "good" and "bad" are fine adjectives, just that just because it's Nintendo's decision to be such snails about releasing such well-liked games doesn't mean it's one with a positive effect on anything or anyone.

(Very cliche, I don't care)

This service sucks. It just sucks.

Riddle me this: How is a multimillion or even multibillion dollar company unable to have dedicated servers for their games?! They charge 60 bucks for each of their releases, even if they don't deserve the price tag. (Except Kirby Fighters 2, but that's more HAL) And some of their 60 dollar games are incomplete when they're rel-EA-sed. You would think, that with all that money, they would at least have the common decency of having dedicated servers for Mario Maker, Smash and their other games. Well, they don't.

In Mario Maker, matches are laggy and unplayable because everyone needs a LAN adapter in order for the game to run at a decent speed. Smash, the same. (Plus the matchmaking fails sometimes, it's practically a 50-50 you get your preferred ruleset) In Pokémon, Raids often don't work.

The NES and SNES games also aren't a huge deal. Like, yeah, you've got good NES and SNES games, but there's currently around 100 collectively. They can't complain about emulation and shut down ROM sites if they're not going to deliver more games. And most of the games they include aren't even worth it.

Speaking of the retro catalog, where's the Game Boy or N64 games?! If the retro catalog also included those consoles, maybe the retro games would be worth the shit.

So basically, Switch Online members are paying 20 bucks for shitty online and two emulators which you could get for free on your PC.

So basically, Switch Online members are paying 20 bucks for shitty online and two emulators which you could get for free on your PC.

Piracy isn't a good counterpoint.

Because going by that logic why buy anything ever when you can just steal it?

The other points are whatever but piracy should NEVER be a counterpoint for not buying something.

I wouldn't equate piracy to theft. It's its own definition. It doesn't mean that it's not very illegal, but you're also not causing the loss of a property when you pirate something. It's more like an unauthorized copy.

They were once doing a thing where every month they would put up a new "7 day free trial" reward on My Nintendo. It was a new code every time, so you could use it even if you had already used a free trial. It costed platinum points to redeem, but those are easy to obtain, especially over the course of a month.

They eventually stopped doing it because they realized that people like me were abusing it to get multiple free trials and not paying for NSO.

Back