Super Kirby Clash

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
MarioWiki
YoshiFlutterJump
Announced in the Direct today, to release later tonight! It's a free-to-start sequel to Team Kirby Clash and Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, with online play!

Thoughts? I'm really excited to play it myself!

EDIT: Reveal trailer:

Last edited:
I saw some RPG-esque elements, so I thought for a second "Wait, is this the Kirby RPG everyone wants?"
It's interesting. Since it's free I'll download it and try it out.

So I've played the first few battles now. Some notes:

-While this is a sequel in terms of gameplay, the story seems to be a complete reboot (similarly to what Galaxy 2 did), indicated by the fact that Bandana Waddle Dee does not recognize Kirby at the beginning of the game (much like in the original). Whether this means Taranza and Dark Mind will be the villains again, I still do not know.

-Colossal Waddle Dee now wields a spear, and is the second enemy rather than the first (now coming after new enemy Hornhead). The boss is still a complete joke, of course, as his attacks are still ridiculously slow and he still falls asleep on the battlefield.

-The Shrine of Passwords returns. No passwords have been released yet.

-The Shoppe, Gem Apples, the Gem Apple Tree, Heroic Missions, and Vigor all return. The Gem Apple limit has also been increased to 5000 and costs $40 USD total (in comparison, the original was 3000 apple cap and costs $27 USD total).

-Online functionality has been added, alongside a new mechanic known as Stickers that's supposed to notify the other players of how you're feeling in the moment. Local multiplayer also returns.

-Sword Hero is still referred to as such in-game, with "Blade Hero" only being used in the reveal trailer.

i just finished downloading it. I never played Kirby Battle Royale, so I can tell this new experience is gonna be fun

The game has microtransactions.....

WHY NINTENDO, WHY?!!!!!

No loot boxes though.

The first password has been announced! Enter "GEMAPPLES" at the Shrine of Passwords to get--you guessed it--10 Gem Apples.

Additionally, the Super Kirby Clash News Channel has launched. If you subscribe to it via the Switch news feed, then tap the link at the bottom of the article, you can get 10 more Gem Apples!

The game has microtransactions.....

WHY NINTENDO, WHY?!!!!!

No loot boxes though.
I would hardly call Kirby Clash to have "microtransactions"...even if it technically does by definition. The difference is that, in my opinion, Kirby Clash is one of the only games that gets it right. I say that for one reason: there are reasonable money spending caps ($40 for 5000 apples), and once they're reached, the game circumvents all of the f2p elements with essentially unlimited apples. Kirby Clash is what I call a true "choose how much you spend" game. And, even if there's a lot of waiting involved, it's perfectly possible to play without spending. I only wish all f2p games would follow Kirby Clash's example.

Last edited:
I actually agree with you.

Unlike mobile games they're aren't any pop-up ads baiting you to buy something.

If you're a Nintendo Switch Online member, Nintendo has announced a free offer of 100 Gem Apples! You can access this through Nintendo Switch Online > Special Offers on the eShop, and the gem apples will automatically be rewarded to you once you click "Accept".

I must say that this game is much more generous with Gem Apples than the previous game. There's much less waiting because of it, and the apples aren't devalued either. It's great.

I like that Nightmare is (sort of) in it.

Design wise he was always my favourite of the one off badguys.

I got the 50 Apple pack and 250 Apple pack (their sale versions) so that the tree harvests 30 Apples each time, which is better than 10 per harvest. This allowed me to be a bit more free in getting a bit more equipment and Codexes but I am ultimately holding onto them for the ultimate gear. Currently at around Level 47 and unlocked the Venom Kracko ordeal which should hopefully unlock them all.

Super-Kirby-Clash-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

Tetris 99 is hosting an event where one can unlock not only a new Theme for the game, but also to retrieve an extra 99 Gem Apples for use in Super Kirby Clash!

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

The next password has been announced! Enter "SCREENSHOT" to get 10 free Gem Apples!

Anyway, some updates on my progress in this game:

I used Gold Points to get 250 Gem Apples, and spent them on Rarity 12 gear for Sword Hero and Hammer Lord to help defeat King D-Mind. King D-Mind, for those of you who don't know, was the true final boss of the first game on 3DS, and he returns here as the final boss before the initial ending. After that, I got to visit Castle Village and the Grasslands, both of which also originated from the 3DS game, and it was a pretty awesome throwback. My current level is 42.

Back