What SNES games and accessories should I get for christmas?

64-Bit Nintendo Machine

64 Bits of Power!
I'm asking for a Super Nintendo for christmas.

What other games and accessories should I get?

On list:
SNES (obviously)
Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World
Super Punch-Out
Super Mario RPG
Donkey Kong Country Trilogy
Super Mario Kart
Stunt Race FX
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Dream Course
Mario Paint
Yoshi's Island
SNES Mouse
Super Multitap

Last edited:
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Yoshi's Island

What do you think of a SNES mini? While you can't add games to the system and thus are just limited to the 21 games included, you do get two controllers and 21 good, well-emulated games in one package.

You're going for an old-school SNES from the nineties? I'll warn you, some of these games can be outrageously hard to obtain (such as Kirby 3, good grief). Nevertheless I'll recommend my favorite SNES games, and you can determine if the price is reasonable enough for you.

Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World - Five Mario platformers in one. What else is there to say? Best starting point for SNES there is.

Kirby Super Star - Best pre-2011 Kirby platformer there is. While the remake on DS is superior, the SNES version is also very great. There's multiplayer too, so that's a plus if you have someone to play with.

Kirby's Dream Land 3 - The price for this game is outrageous, dang eBay scalpers...but here's another great Kirby platformer if you can afford it. It sticks closer to the Dream Land 2 formula than Super Star, but the music and art style help it stand out among the pack. There's even multiplayer here, too; Super Star did it better but Kirby 3's multiplayer is still pretty decent.

Yoshi's Island - Here's another classic SNES platformer that still stands to this day. It might have a superior GBA remake, but like Kirby Super Star, the original is still great and definitely worth playing.

Those are the must-buys, at least in my opinion. Super Mario Kart and Super Mario RPG are also good, and although they haven't aged the best, they're still worth playing for the purpose of experiencing the classics. I've also heard good things about Zelda: A Link to the Past and the Donkey Kong Country trilogy, although I haven't played them myself.

Lastly, you might also wish to buy a special adapter to play Japan-only games. Kirby's Super Star Stacker is another classic if you decide to go this route, and to this day it stands as one of the best Kirby-series puzzle games to this day.

Last edited:
Here's some more:

Star Fox
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

The Donkey Kong Country trilogy is a must-play. I only played the first two, which are fantastic, and I assume the third is the same.

Dream TV
Metal Morph
Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball
Rex Ronan: Experimental Surgeon
Captain Novolin
Mohawk & Headphone Jack
D-Force
Ultraman: Toward the Future
Batman Forever
Rise of the Robots
Raiden Trad
Bebe's Kid