Moldomré's Minecraft Resource Packs Thread

Moldomré

Moldomré. Emphasis on the "ome" despite the "é".
MarioWiki
Moldomre
I thought about just linking this in my normal fan creation thread, but this doesn't really pertain to my stuff (which is almost exclusively Mario stuff). So, instead, here's a brand new topic for news pertaining to my Minecraft resource pack based on The Legend of Zelda.
I'll link a couple pics here, but it's really best that you just go to the site here.

1sZIhPt.png

"Behind-the-scenes" photo of Moldo working on the Master Sword texture.

UbkOSWl.png

The folder of items (which you can actually see if you download the pack, so I don't know why I added this photo...)

Last edited:
Reactions: zel
Well...
I usually use that laugh in real life to point at something I find interesting.

But take it whatever way you want, dude.

Re: Moldomré's Resource Pack for Minecraft: "The Legend of Zelda | for 1.14.x"

The resource pack has been updated! Please proceed via the link if you wanna check the changelog or download it for yourself! (you bet I'm gonna plug it, this is its thread!)

I'm hoping to figure out how to change sounds soon, to make baddies and the player have their own voice clips straight from the games!

Revenant Archagent said:
This is pretty darn cool

Thank ye. :posh:

I honestly don't know, as I haven't played either of those (I should get a GBA, that'll play everything). I'm thinking of turning some music discs into different instruments or key items from games, so I may be able to fit something in there.

The title screen. I redesigned it recently into the new thing you see now, and I did it all in a matter of an hour, so I'm incredibly pleased with how it came out! Originally there was no sword and the letters were solid black. In fact, the first version of the pack didn't even have "The Legend of" in the title.

Well, it's not really complete yet. But I definitely didn't know it would be this popular. For example, I posted my (now defunct) Mario resource pack in June of 2017, and by that August, it got 200 downloads. Took about a month to reach.
In August of 2017, I posted the (much less complete) Zelda resource pack (which I had only worked on sparingly since June), and checked it the next morning to find that it had already reached 200 downloads. OVERNIGHT. That's when I realized I'd better take it more seriously, and I think it's paid off (even though I don't get money for it). I just like seeing all these people appreciate what I do. ;D

Also, the pack was updated on Monday, so check it out if you have Minecraft!

Okay! I'll do so tomorrow when I'm back at my dad's house!

Are you planning on doing any other franchises after this?

I can't wait for the OoS and OoA representation, you have any plans for that yet?

Apologies for the double post, but if you ever check out the pack again or see this post, I have added the shovel from the Oracle games as the diamond shovel. Really small representation, but hey, good thing I checked here 'cause I forgot about changing music discs to those (I gotta get on that :/)!

Apologies for the double post, but if you ever check out the pack again or see this post, I have added the shovel from the Oracle games as the diamond shovel. Really small representation, but hey, good thing I checked here 'cause I forgot about changing music discs to those (I gotta get on that :/)!
Don't worry about it! I doublepost on accident too a lot. I'm definitely going to update the pack. I'm super glad that the Shovel is in there. That's some really genius representation on your part, as it doesn't obstruct much else but manages to be a nod nonetheless. I hope you add more stuff in the future, it is rather small representation. Good job with the pack, it's amazing!

I hope you add more stuff in the future, it is rather small representation.

I have changed one of the music discs to the Strange Flute (the generic one that's not used for any animal buddies). Not public yet as I'm still working on more Oracle game representation, one animal buddy addition :O. Probably the only animal buddy that could actually work in Minecraft.

It's been a while since I updated the thread, but I officially support Optifine for my RP, it adds extra textures for dogs, zombies, husks, blazes, Iron Golems, and a lot more. Also, do note, I changed the download link to a Dropbox, so say "yes" when it asks if you want to go to a third-party site.

For the select group here, I will reveal something about the next update! The second Zelda spinoff title will be represented in the texture of a Golden Shovel: The Auto-Shovel from Cadence of Hyrule!

Here's a sneak peek of my reboot of my Super Mario Resource Pack, soon to be for the most recent (or at this time upcoming) update of Minecraft! Just the title screen, I'm hoping to make it somewhat like the Mario 64 screen with Mario's face, but currently it's just the background placed and replicated over and over:
2019-11-30_20.52.19.png

HOOOOOOOOOO-BOOOOOOOOOY
I haven't updated either of my threads since last year.
Woops.

Anyway, Imma ask for one more bit of help. I would like an idea for a wonderful fella called the Strider. He can walk on lava and you can ride it to travel over lava yourself, so I'd like some advice on what to make it for the Zelda (and Mario if you've got something for that) pack.

So in conclusion:

i am.jpg

for a mario one. striders walk in lava so what if it was a poochy lmao
SMW2_PoochyTraps.png

yea just kidding.. striders aint got enough leg for that also!
woudl be neat to have a vaguely lava piranha based design but the problem now is that striders got too much leg for that
after skimming through category:fire creatures i propose a yi blargg with legs (??) or a bully which would be ironic considering how you kill them in the first place

I can't decide if this is adorable or horrifying. After thinking long and hard on the suggestions for Striders I was given for my Mario Minecraft resource pack, I decided to make it the Clown Car just to see what it looks like.
I'm going to be completely honest here, I think it works really well. I already was going with making the Nether "World 8", and the idea of World 8 housing tons and tons of sentient Clown Cars was too funny to pass up.
Also @ZelenPixel I was going to go with some Lava Piranha-esque thing like you mentioned but then I realized that would fit way better as the Wither, as it has three heads like Lava Piranha.

Mario Striders.png

Also here's the Zelda Striders, they're a Skyward Sword enemy:

Zelda Strider.png

Back