Hurt and Heal: Winners edition, volume 15 (with items, I guess)

coco im so sorry im using the pound on her

Coco Bandicoot: 1

Mario (Lou Albano): 42
Marx: 10

Coco Bandicoot
Marx: 10

Marx: 8

Marx: 6

Marx: 4

Marx: 2

Do the Mario!
Swing your arms from side to side
Come on, it's time to go, do the Mario!
Take one step, and then again
Let's do the Mario, all together now!
You got it!
It's the Mario!
Do the Mario!
Swing your arms from side to side
Come on, it's time to go, do the Mario!
Take one step, and then again
Let's do the Mario, all together now!
Come on now
Just like that!

Marx

We have a winner!

Congratulations to Mario (Lou Albano) for winning volume 15 of the Winners hurt and heal series!

So, here's something ironic....I realized a few days after posting this that Lou Albano wasn't even supposed to be in this game. For the first time in nearly 8 years of hosting these games, I legitimately forgot to include a winner. Wario had won the "All Mario Party Playables" KO a Character back in June 2018, and though I acknowledged the post and updated my Winners thread at the time, I apparently forgot to add him to my Winners Hurt and Heal document. Apologies for that! To make up for this mistake, he will be included in volume 16.

Anyway, here is the newest addition to the winners gallery!

S4wBsJv.png

Despite my error, I had honestly been rooting for Albano to win either way. Surprisingly, this is the first time an incarnation of Mario has won one of these games. We've also never had a real person or live-action character win either, so I thought it'd be a cool first for the winners gallery. On top of that, just imagining Albano doing the Mario all over the gallery was a hilarious mental image. Even seeing him doing his classic pose in this gallery is enough to warrant a chuckle, I suppose. Finally, this serves as a great tribute to him, as he unfortunately passed away almost a decade ago at the age of 76 - may he rest in peace.

Thank you all for playing, and I'll see you in volume 16! :)

It should be pointed out that the person who made the elimination thread treated "Mario (Lou Albano)" as the cartoon Mario instead of the live action version (which was a separate option that got KO'd), but I can see why we assumed that it's live action Mario since Lou Albano had a significant role as Mario in live action.

Thank you for reading.

Oh okay, thanks for pointing that out. I'm very much out of the loop with most things on the forums these days, but I feel like the wording of the characters in that game could have been improved, as I wasn't the only one who assumed it was the live-action version competing in this game. There were also many typos in the character list that contributed to the confusion ("Mark Twine", "Lou Albino", etc). I might edit the gallery after volume 16 finishes to be the cartoon Mario.

MCS said:
There were also many typos in the character list that contributed to the confusion ("Mark Twine")

Mark Twang's first spoken words are "Howdy, Boys. I'm Mark Twine, captain of the Dingbell. Who are you?"

Also, later in the episode, Mouser says "Twine's right behind us!"

So, Yea . . .

Back