Countdown to Ultimate Part 4: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U

Who was your favorite Smash 4 3DS/Wii U Veteran?

• 21e. Lucina

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 28e. Dark Pit

• 45. Villager

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 46. Mega Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 47. Wii Fit Trainer

• 48. Rosalina & Luma

• 49. Little Mac

• 50. Greninja

• 51. Mii Brawler

• 52. Mii Swordsman

• 53. Mii Gunner

• 54. Palutena

• 55. Pac-Man

• 56. Robin

• 57. Shulk

• 58. Bowser Jr.

• 59. Duck Hunt

• 60. Ryu

• 61. Cloud

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 62. Corrin

• 63. Bayonetta

• Total voters

SonicMario

Star Spirit
Today is the day we find out the rest of the base game characters for Smash Ultimate. But it’s also November now. So it’s time to go over the previous game in the series. Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U!

3DS and Wii U certainly had a mixed bag of roster choices. There are some really good choices like Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Little Mac. But chances are there’s at least one character that someone just does not like being in the Smash roster. People thought Wii Fit Trainer was a joke, Corrin became a hatesink in regards to DLC, and of course you had Dark Pit in general (Albeit characters being retroactively echoes might not make them seem as bad. They're even retroactively echo fighters in the poll here. Which is why they have the e along with the number of the character they're echoed off of. When the Ultimate poll is up, the same thing will happen there). It’s the largest newcomer count of any game, but it’s also the most polarizing newcomer pool. I at least think it’s a better choice of characters then Melee. But I would fault anyone for saying Smash 64 and Brawl had the better pool. But Smash 4 definitely had some fun additions and I used a bigger variety of characters then I did in the previous games that I also plan on playing again once Ultimate comes out. Shulk, Mii Brawler, Bowser Jr., and Cloud are my favorites from this game. On the poll however we can only choose one, and I’m going to go for Cloud. He was not just an amazing surprise but really stood out to me out of all the DLC characters. He’s quite fun to play, and I am definitely looking forward to continue playing him quite a bit more in Ultimate.

You put Dark Pit at #21E in the poll when he's Pit's echo, at #28. Him and Lucina got mixed up.

Anyway, I don't know who to pick in between the Smash 4 dudes.

- Rosalina is a whole character that represents my all-time favorite game, so it's only natural I'd at least check her out.
- Then there's Greninja, he seems like he's fun to play, and has a pretty good counter. And he's my 17th favorite Pokemon, aka my second favorite Pokemon who's a fighter in Smash.
- I have taken a liking for Fire Emblem characters, and the series in general. Something about them... there's just something that really draws me to them, it's like they're really characters Paper Mario fans have been longing for in Paper Mario, which is interesting knowing the series was made by Intelligent Systems. Not saying Paper Mario characters should become anime babes, but you get me. In that regard, Robin looks amazing. He's got two swords, AND tomes, and a lot of them. His gimmick doesn't look too complicated, so he's definitely already one of my favorite Smash 4 characters. Plus I'm watching a FE Awakening playthrough right now so he gets a boost from that.
- And finally, there's Cloud.
He looks cool. Also hyped for FFVII on the Switch.

I really am torn on which of these to pick, so I ain't voting this time, sadly. Unless my mind is set one just one of these.

i liked pretty much all the newcomers introduced in smash 3ds/wii u (yes, even dark pit. fight me :bowser:) but my favourite is probably my main man ryu. i don't even play street fighter but ryu is such an important character to fighting games as a whole, and he fits right in with the rest of the cast. i also like how, even though smash doesn't really play like street fighter, there's still things like button inputs added specifically to ryu so that he's more accurate to his original game (plus it adds a bit of depth to playing as him)
one of my favourite QOL changes in ultimate is that ryu will always face his opponent in 1v1, that's a nice detail that i can't wait to experience for myself

Rosalina & Luma. She's a blast to use, I enjoy all the Galaxy references in her moveset...and her reveal trailer is also a teaser for the long awaited Kirby Air Ride 2 (come on, make that happen Nintendo).

So with all the base game characters plus Piranha Plant announced. I'm going to ask if I should put Piranha Plant on the poll when I put up the poll on December 1st for Ultimate or if I should wait and just have a mod reboot the poll for when DLC characters are announced. What do you guys feel?

And of course bumping to get more people to put in their favorite Smash 4 newcomers

I say put the base newcomers now and wait until all the DLC is released to make a poll about that one sibce we'll be getting at least 6 of those including Piranha Plant.

Also I guess I'm voting Robin because from the ones I listed no one voted him and Cloud, I know people will vote him so I think I know my place.

Moldomré said:
Mii Swordfighter.

*everyone stares at me confused and disappointed*

Fine, I'll leave.

Nah, you're alright. Though Mii Swordsman might be the one Mii type I don't use very often (I use Brawler most, and I started using the Gunner costume almost exclusively for the Tails costume). I'm glad there is someone who's favorite happens to be a Mii out of all the characters.

Northern Verve said:
Moldomré said:
Mii Swordfighter.

*everyone stares at me confused and disappointed*

Fine, I'll leave.

Nah, you're alright. Though Mii Swordsman might be the one Mii type I don't use very often (I use Brawler most, and I started using the Gunner costume almost exclusively for the Tails costume). I'm glad there is someone who's favorite happens to be a Mii out of all the characters.

Thanks. Also, I say put Piranha Plant on the poll. That's the only newcomer I'm looking forward to honestly. :P

I guess I enjoy playing as Cloud the most out of all those. Most of my mains in Smash 4 are pre-Smash 4 characters.

mega man, duh

But during my time with this game, something happened. The character I thought was the dumbest addition turned into my main. I love Duck Hunt.

Love Bowser Jr.

PAC-MAN has a very versatile moveset, with abilities such as setting up traps with his Fire Hydrant and Fruit. He does require some time to learn (and his grab is a bit shit), but overall he's a fun character to play as.

Back