Question: What spin-off rep. did franchises other than Mario get in Smash?

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
NOTE: The "rep." in the title means "representation", not "representative".

The Smash series is usually favourable towards the Mario series, since we not only have Mario as the face of Smash Bros, but he also has the most representation. After all, Mario is the face of Nintendo and even the title is very similar to his biggest game Super Mario Bros., so it's obvious that Mario has quite the representation. Mario Kart, Dr. Mario and Paper Mario are a few examples of spin-offs that got notable representation. It should be pointed out that the Mario franchise is represented as more than one universe, so Yoshi is technically a Mario spin-off even though he purportedly has a universe and franchise under his name.

When someone brought up the topic on Pokemon on the fact that Smash isn't keen on spin-off representation, I feel that's not quite accurate since Mario, after all, has spin-off representation of many kinds, so it occurred to me that perhaps Mario is the only exception to this rule. Another thought that came to me is, and the reason for creating this topic is how I couldn't quite think of spin-off games from the non-Mario side of things. Even Pokemon sticks to the main games despite rivalling Mario as a popular video game franchise.

Does anybody here know what spin-off representation, no matter how minor, other franchises have?

Thank you for reading.

With Pokémon in particular, it's the only series I can think of where the Smash Bros. series have concrete references to more than just the video games. This is mainly things from the anime, such as the Pokémon saying their own names as opposed to using their cries from the main series, or Misty's design and Meowth's trophy description in Melee. But also, in a prerelease version of Melee, symbols from the trading card game were used to signify how the Pokémon Stadium stage was about to change, and in the final version the replacement icons are still fairly similar.

Moving on to the Sonic series in response to the above post, pretty much all of Sonic's non-special moves are from Sonic the Fighters, and one of the music tracks representing the series is the theme from Sonic R. On the subject of music, Brawl's version of the Brinstar theme is from Metroid Prime Pinball.

EDIT:
1V3PT6f.jpg

Well we do know a music track from the mobile game Fire Emblem Heroes is in the game. I'm personally hoping for some Mystery Dungeon and Hyrule Warriors content.

Weasel said:
pls give dialga's fight to the finish

God, the list of music from the first two Pokemon Mystery Dungeons series I'd love in Smash would be insane, but that track in particular is definitely my most wanted track from this series for Smash.

Back