Popularity

Ya rly.

I'd hate to be homeschooled. Having to stay in my house all day, not having any school friends.. I wouldn't be able to survive. D:

Well, as a college student, I don't really spend a lot of time with my classmates- But they seem to like me alright.

I am simultaneously honored and ticked at the same time, 3D... I feel so popular and yet so despised ;)

Speaking of, here's my life story:

I am a spaz. And a nerd. Like no other. Back when none of that mattered, before middle school, I had lots of guy friends, not so much lady friends (friend, friends). But, as soon as elementary ended, my old group puked me up like a hairball. I became the whipping boy, excluded from anything outside of school and constantly made fun of. It didn't help that most everyone who knew me saw me as either a target to use to get higher in the ranks and/or a danger to their popularity.

My counselor... she was amazing. She pulled the strings so I could change my lunch seat in light of my bully-friends, who up until this point I had for some reason not left. I met my new group of friends, who lasted until the transition to high school broke us into various groups. We were uncool, but uncool together. In other words, we were popular while being unpopular. As many of you know, that's way more fun than being popular popular... or at least I'd assume... I'm not "cool" popular, so I wouldn't know.

Now, I'm in high school, and I might be considered popular... although I hate to use that word. I know lots of people and am really friendly with everyone (too much for some)... so I guess you could say I'm popular, but not in the "prep" sort of way. Just being open and energetic can help you meet people, but there are always some who are too good for me... to heck with them! The fun jocks, the down to earth popular people, and especially my fellow nerds get along with me just fine... in other words the people who matter! But, y'know what? Nerdiness is the most fun you can have--because you DO what you want to do, and not what you feel you should do. If you want to play Yoshi's Story, do it, no one's going to tell you that its too kiddie. No one you care about anyway. :D

Oh, and for those of you who are bummed that girls don't pay attention to you, you should know something: don't feel down because they don't like you, feel elated that you know the true them. If you were some jock type, you might not find that out.

But there are nice lady-types out there, even if it takes you a while to find them. I have a group of friends who are girls, and they are the most fun, down to earth people you could know.

IN SUM: POPULARITY MEANS NOTHING AND IT IS SO FICKLE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE IT! POWER TO THE NERDS!

Jeeze, you could have left it as it was: with me as the one with the extremely long post. xD

I get the feeling that I will never be popular. In my school, the kids are almost all TEH MINDLESS A********. I don't play sports, heck the only time I watch sports is when I have a friendly bet going on. I used to be considered a geek, in elementary school, but I was also considered to be "the smart kid" and was asked a lot for help, which did a lot for self-esteem. Now, because of a couple of bad grades, I don't really have that. I sit at the silent lunch table and read instead of actually talking to anyone, and I rarely talk to anyone outside of lunch either.

I have gotten to the point that I don't care what anyone thinks about me, I just care about passing a getting to college as quickly as possible. This is probably the best way to go.

(also, for anyone who cares [anyone?] I was able to take the SAT's early, did good on them, and am now being offered some kind of college program during the summer. W00T!)

I'm kind of popular,there's just so many n00bz at my school and they don't know what is cool.

I'm not very popular, but on this wiki i am :D

ultimatetoad said:
I get the feeling that I will never be popular. In my school, the kids are almost all TEH MINDLESS A********. I don't play sports, heck the only time I watch sports is when I have a friendly bet going on. I used to be considered a geek, in elementary school, but I was also considered to be "the smart kid" and was asked a lot for help, which did a lot for self-esteem. Now, because of a couple of bad grades, I don't really have that. I sit at the silent lunch table and read instead of actually talking to anyone, and I rarely talk to anyone outside of lunch either.

I have gotten to the point that I don't care what anyone thinks about me, I just care about passing a getting to college as quickly as possible. This is probably the best way to go.

(also, for anyone who cares [anyone?] I was able to take the SAT's early, did good on them, and am now being offered some kind of college program during the summer. W00T!)

If you all went to my school I would band us all together and we could rule... m'yes. Seriously, though... just... do something special. Stand out somehow. Don't give a dang. Okay... nevermind all that: there's my step-by-step plan

Get some friends... really good ones
Start having lots of fun, in and out of school. Smash bros anyone?
Band together when the creeps are all like, "No fun unless you're me!"
Have more fun.

depends bout what definition of popular u mean:

1. Well Known - yes, cuase i'm one of the only boys in my form(grade) to get
in the top 3 of my class( usually 1st or 2nd)

2.By the other definition- I'm known as a nerd( of sorts) and a wierdo and sometimes even called insane

Me? Failing, geeky, kid who is like UltimateToad but without the genius aspect.

Max2 said:
Me? Failing, geeky, kid who is like UltimateToad but without the genius aspect.

Ahh, I used to be populor then we mvoed and since we moved back my fame is over, so i'm an outcast sorta...

Back