Ancestry

KPH2293

17 Banners
Retired Wiki Staff
Does anyone else have an interest in this subject? I've authored a few trees via ancestry.com, and I recently had my DNA tested through the website. The results came back today:

1. Great Britain: 38%
2. Finland/Northwest Russia: 21%
3. Scandinavia: 16%
4. Iberian Peninsula: 9%
5. Europe East: 6%
6. Ireland/Scotland/Wales: 5%
7. Europe West: 3%
8. Europe South: < 1%
9. European Jewish: < 1%

Nothing that greatly surprises me, but it's still interesting.

I've discovered some well known people in my personal search as well, such as the great-great grandparents of John Adams.

Also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redfield_Proctor (3rd great grandfather)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redfield_Proctor_Jr. (2nd great grandfather)

My middle name is Proctor for this reason.

I've been wanting to get my DNA tested for quite some time. I know for sure that I'm a East Asian/West European hapa but I want to see what else I have.

I'm going to get mine one day, but I think I have German and Irish roots. My ancestors I believe right now is the Reed family from the Donner Party I believe that the one of the leaders leader with Reed in his last name I forgot his first name may be my ancester because on my mother's side their surname is Reed. But my father's side is mysterious because my father was adopted at a young age but with the little info I have there is a possibility of German roots. :posh:

I'm not particularly knowledgeable of my ancestors, but I believe that I'm mostly of Irish descent.

It's hard for me to say anything definitive about ancestry, ethnicity-wise because this is based on contemporary borders. Borders have shifted quite a bit in history, more notably with my confusion between French and German ancestry. I'd like to see what general regions my ancestors have mingled in though. I think it'll be interesting to see my Asian side, since as far as I know, it's Chinese, but who knows if I have a little bit from neighboring regions mixed in.

As far as I know, I think it's mainly British for me- My Uncle looked into producing a family tree a while back, and I don't think he found anyone that wasn't British in there.

I sent mine yesterday and I'm getting the results in 8 weeks.

I got my results today. I am
47% English and Welsh
29% Irish and Scottish
14% German
3% Eastern European and Russian
2% Native American
1% Swedish
1% Portuguese
1% Senegalese
I knew I had Irish and Native American in me, and my German roots are confirmed. I also had to edit it to a specific region of Africa.

Back