Official Fire Emblem Series thread

London Parris

Retired until further notice
Banned User
MarioWiki
White Lightning
I have decided to do a thread about the Fire Emblem Series like what we had when I was on Serene's Forest forums. It will discuss every game even the spin-off game Fire Emblem Warriors and the upcoming Fire Emblem Switch. (I'm using the unofficial name since it doesn't have an official name yet)

I feel like this could be a good time to bump this (if anyone at all is interested anyway, but I feel it's worth the shot I guess?)

Three Houses is just around the corner. Up to this point I've only played Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones, which I loved. The series has evolved a lot since the GBA though but this new game seems like something I'd get into.

For the very short time in which I have been a part of the FE fanbase, I've learned about many aspects of the entire series, and I have an opinion on which I am pretty entitled. For one, I am glad I didn't start by playing Binding Blade because all these low hitrates made me sick when I watched a playthrough of it. I'm also that kind of guy who leans towards the older games being better, but I also respect Awakening, since it saved the series, and there are things in it I like a lot, and if you like Fates, well all the power to you, it's the best-selling game in the series so far despite many peopletrashing it for its writing and heck even Corrin themselves.

I've always seen this fanbase at war. Glares from each sides are exchanged. "Pair-Up is broken!" "Characters rely on one-note tropes!" From one side and honestly I never heard what they said from over there, but it's most certainly not something the elitists wanna hear. But with the arrival of Three Houses I'm actually seeing both old and new fans actually agreeing on one thing, that this game was gonna be pretty great. I don't think the fanbase has ever looked this good for a long-time, I just feel like it's at peace right now. Even if this game doesn't end up good, I'll still remember it dearly for just that. For bringing us back together.

So yeah, hype is on the way, we got 18 days left, whoever of you is interested. We'll see wetherthis turns out disastrous or quite possibly, maybe one of the best games to grace the series.

Also to any FE fan reading this I am in no way trying to provoke any sort of negative backlash here, thanks for listening.

Forde said:
I've always seen this fanbase at war. Glares from each sides are exchanged. "Pair-Up is broken!" "Characters rely on one-note tropes!" From one side and honestly I never heard what they said from over there, but it's most certainly not something the elitists wanna hear.
as someone who likes the newer fe's more i usually just say I don't mind "gimmicky one dimensional" characters because I actually find them more interesting than the realistic and down to earth characters the older FE games have, the bulk of which I find to be really dull and uninteresting. the conversation usually dies at that point but i mean it's not really because of any sour feelings more so it's just a simple fact that what I want out of characters/story is different than what most of the fanbase wants and that's ok.

Do note that I am not like many of those people, I still do enjoy some of the newer characters myself. Charm is definitely there, and I do particularly like Inigo (Then again that's because he has a lot of similarities to Forde admittedly).

So I recently started playing Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, with Koops guiding me through the game. This is my first ever experience with Fire Emblem, and it's going pretty well!

Back