Let me try one last time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nijino Yume said:
Fam. I spent over 10 years and I am still pursuing music, I can't just do all these work. I am getting paid for teaching people how to play instruments and drawing irl, and i cannot just guide someone on the internet to compose a perfect track with nothing in return. All you can do is trial and error by yourself, and really, I don't have much free time to do this because my college semester is incoming, I do cosplays, I dance for my local cosplay group and stuff, and I work. If you don't believe it, ask most of the people in this forum who are active. I really do not have the time to do this, which is something that's literally me teaching you composition, how to utilise the music program, and track mixing techniques for nothing. Keep trying. This is the boldest advice.

From this, I can gather that there are no quick steps I need to follow in order to successfully convey my themes and that you would instead have to literally present to me the entire body of information regarding the composing art. This means that I have to dedicate my life then to learn all of this information so that I can successfully convey these themes and that successfully conveying them is not like some quick user manual. Lastly, people might get really tired and fed up with me saying that I have themes in my mind that are truly amazing, catchy, and that people are just blind from seeing that due to missing factors at work here with my reproduced themes. Like I said before, I have presented 3 possibilities and most people would agree with #1. But I am sticking with #2 which is the reason why you keep on hearing me say that these are amazing, catchy themes in my mind that I am unable to convey successfully. There are many naturally talented people in this world who can create masterpieces in their mind through pure inspiration alone whether it be the next best theme or landscape. But the problem arises when these people attempt to successfully convey their artistic vision in the real, physical world. Doing that, as I've learned, is not a quick user manual and requires much knowledge and training.

MattMVS7 said:
Nijino Yume said:
Fam. I spent over 10 years and I am still pursuing music, I can't just do all these work. I am getting paid for teaching people how to play instruments and drawing irl, and i cannot just guide someone on the internet to compose a perfect track with nothing in return. All you can do is trial and error by yourself, and really, I don't have much free time to do this because my college semester is incoming, I do cosplays, I dance for my local cosplay group and stuff, and I work. If you don't believe it, ask most of the people in this forum who are active. I really do not have the time to do this, which is something that's literally me teaching you composition, how to utilise the music program, and track mixing techniques for nothing. Keep trying. This is the boldest advice.
This means that I have to dedicate my life then to learn all of this information so that I can successfully convey these themes and that successfully conveying them is not like some quick user manual.

Yes. That is how learning to perfect any craft works. Don't be a dunce.

Junko Enoshima said:
MattMVS7 said:
Nijino Yume said:
This means that I have to dedicate my life then to learn all of this information so that I can successfully convey these themes and that successfully conveying them is not like some quick user manual.

Yes. That is how learning to perfect any craft works. Don't be a dunce.

I think it was just one big misunderstanding is all. I thought there was the difference between what I need to learn in order to successfully convey my themes as opposed to learning additional things that are not necessary which would be equivalent to putting condiments on a cake as I said earlier. There are things we need to learn in life and then there are things we don't need to learn. Although, we could learn them if we are interested. I thought that what I needed to learn was just some quick user manual or, simply put, just some series of quick steps I could follow. All the additional information out there to be learned would just be the rest of the entire body of the composing art that I could learn if I want to in order to craft/perfect my themes even more. Although, it is really not necessary. But I see that I was wrong on this one and that I really do need to learn everything that is out there. You see, when I have things on my mind and I explain them in my journal, I present what I have to say in such a way that is unclear and not fully explained to the reader.

I expect it to be something so obvious and self-explanatory to the reader. But it really is necessary that I fully explain in order for them to understand. It's so obvious only to me since I know what this is supposed to mean. But, in reality, it is not obvious at all for the reader. The same thing applies to me making music. I put down the right notes and rests to my themes, add instruments, and expect people to get my themes and their catchy quality and power. I expect it to be something so obvious for listeners when it is only obvious to me since I know what these themes are supposed to be. But I have finally realized that it really is necessary for me to fully explain my themes, if you will, by learning everything there is out there to be learned about composing. From there, I would implement all of this learned information into fully explaining my themes. With this being said, I have come to realize that composers who want my craft to be fully perfected are not just musical perfectionists. Having my craft fully perfected really is necessary to successfully convey it.

One last thing here. Let me share something to you very interesting. I created some themes in my mind that I thought were amazing and catchy. I reproduced the right notes and the right rests to these themes. But then I forgot what these themes were supposed to be later on. When I played them to listen to them, I found myself wondering what the heck this was. It was all just a bunch of musical gibberish. It was like a cat walking on the keyboard just like how others are telling me my themes are. But then I tried to remember what this theme was supposed to be. I managed to bring back that memory and, all of a sudden, that theme that was once perceived as random notes became that great, amazing, catchy theme again. From this, I can gather that I really do need to fully convey my themes. Otherwise, they will appear as randomness to listeners. The only reason why I am able to perceive my reproduced themes as great and catchy is because I have a memory there of what these themes are supposed to be. When I lose that memory, I perceive my themes as randomness since said themes are just notes, rests, and a beat at this point and haven't been fully conveyed. I only tend to lose these memories when first creating these themes.

But the memory later sticks and becomes permanent. This is just me, but I think people should be intrigued and excited because I could really have these amazing, catchy themes all right there and all that is needed left is to find a way to fully convey them which would be like making very bright colored text into an eligible color. That might be an awful analogy, but I used that analogy anyway and I think you can still see the point I'm trying to make. This is the moment of truth here. Am I just delusional and think I have these amazing, catchy themes when they really aren't (#1) or do I really have something amazing and catchy here that I just need to fully convey (#2)? Only time will tell and only I can prove whether possibility #1 was right all along or if #2 was right all along. I could be an unrecognized musical savant here who just needs to learn to convey his masterpieces. If I was really right all along when I say it was #2, then I was speaking words of wisdom and truth when I said that the themes I have created in my mind really were amazing and catchy. So, I could also be speaking words of wisdom and truth when it comes to my worldview. All I am asking is that others do not dismiss the possibility that #2 is right and neither to dismiss the possibility that my worldview is true regardless of how much you think it is nonsense.

Just take a fucking music theory class.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Just take a *bleep*ing music theory class.
Nijino Yume said:
Thank you LGM!

I already know I can go on youtube right now and learn music lessons and I was planning on fully learning how to compose all along. I was never going to give up on this. The only reason why I was here was because I was performing a little test. I wasn't sure if I could convey my themes right here and now or not. I thought that I could and that all additional information to be learned wasn't really that necessary. I was wrong. Again, fully read the previous post I just made for more information on this.

Ok, but I think we need an answer to the REAL question here:

If Michael Jackson had at one point spontaneously whistled or hummed an amazingly catchy and brilliant tune, what grade of Super Saiyan would he have turned into?

Fumikage Tokoyami said:
Ok, but I think we need an answer to the REAL question here:

If Michael Jackson had at one point spontaneously whistled or hummed an amazingly catchy and brilliant tune, what grade of Super Saiyan would he have turned into?

3 or 4

What if he ascended to an entirely new level? Super Saiyan Thriller? Smooth Saiyan Criminal?

Does he do the crotch thing to power up?

There are so many questions!

MattMVS7 said:
I already know I can go on youtube right now and learn music lessons and I was planning on fully learning how to compose all along.
No.

Take a real music class. Youtube is NOT a substitute.

LeftyGreenMario said:
MattMVS7 said:
I already know I can go on youtube right now and learn music lessons and I was planning on fully learning how to compose all along.
No.

This makes no sense to me because there is one very good music teacher on youtube teaching music lessons for free. As a matter of fact, the music teacher I have isn't that good by comparison and is just someone I see once a week.

MattMVS7 said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
MattMVS7 said:
No.

This makes no sense to me because there is one very good music teacher on youtube teaching music lessons for free. As a matter of fact, the music teacher I have isn't that good by comparison and is just someone I see once a week.
I have several friends taking or has taken music theory for multiple years in college who will say otherwise.

Guys, let's be realistic. Even if you succeeded in convincing him to start a proper musical education, he'd stick around for one or two lessons, learn about one basic concept, and then conclude: "I have now thoroughly broadened my horizon with technical information and knowledge. Since my knowledge has increased so amazingly and rapidly, and I am indeed as talented as I believed myself to be in my head, it is now time for me to try taking the shortcut again." Then we'd have a third repeat of the same thread on our hands.

The guy is set in his belief that he possesses a one-in-a-million talent and can just bumble his way into becoming a grand maestro without putting any work in, and nothing you can say is going to dissuade him from thinking that. Let's just give up and let it fizzle out.

Anna said:
MattMVS7 said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
MattMVS7 said:
No.

I have several friends taking or has taken music theory for multiple years in college who will say otherwise.

What are you saying here? Are you saying that I can't learn all the information I need to learn in regards to composing from online sources such as youtube? I don't plan on going to college and just wish to learn at home as well as learning some additional information that I might obtain along the way from my music teacher I see once a week who just has me come in, write some notes down, adds chords, etc.

Fumikage Tokoyami said:
Guys, let's be realistic. Even if you succeeded in convincing him to start a proper musical education, he'd stick around for one or two lessons, learn about one basic concept, and then conclude: "I have now thoroughly broadened my horizon with technical information and knowledge. Since my knowledge has increased so amazingly and rapidly, and I am indeed as talented as I believed myself to be in my head, it is now time for me to try taking the shortcut again." Then we'd have a third repeat of the same thread on our hands.

The guy is set in his belief that he possesses a one-in-a-million talent and can just bumble his way into becoming a grand maestro without putting any work in, and nothing you can say is going to dissuade him from thinking that. Let's just give up and let it fizzle out.

Actually, I am not going to perform these tests anymore since I am now officially convinced that I need to go all out on this one and fully learn what I need to learn and fully train myself. As far as being a gifted composer in my mind goes, there are plenty of people in this world who have that gift. There are plenty of naturally talented people who can create the next best themes, landscapes, etc. in their minds. So, I do not think I am special here or one of a kind. I am just one of many people.

Fumikage Tokoyami said:
The one thing you're talented at is humble-bragging.

You think I am just acting humble to support my claim that I do have these amazing, catchy themes in my mind. But the brain is an amazing thing and it can create these amazing works of art. Never underestimate the power of the brain! If you don't believe me, allow me to explain. Many people, even though they are not artists and know nothing about how to create a beautiful landscape, will have dreams where they dream up beautiful landscapes and whole new artistic environments. They will report that it was like the next best landscape or painting that an artist would make. I, myself, have had such dreams. In addition, people who don't know how to create works of art have had near death experiences where they encounter whole new beautiful, angelic, or hellish landscapes and they will hear whole new songs that are artistically magnificent. Just to give an example, one of these people would be the neurosurgeon Eben Alexander who has had a heavenly near death experience where he heard angelic music. It was artistically beautiful music that he has never heard before. Eben was not a composer which means he does not know how to create music.

There are many non artists out there who have dreams, take psychedelic drugs, and have near death experiences with such reports where they hear whole new amazing, catchy songs and themes or witness entirely new beautiful works of art whether they be landscapes or something else. This says that our brains have information and it can create whole new themes and artistic crafts using this information. This means you don't need to learn how to create a painting or how to create the next best theme when your brain can do it for you. Of course, you would need to learn how to convey it in the physical world if this is a goal you have. Therefore, this is how I was able to create these amazing, catchy themes in my mind knowing nothing about how music works. I have done this through pure inspiration alone with no drugs, dreams, or near death experiences required. Many people might not know this secret. But I have discovered it through personal experience. I might have also discovered another secret through personal experience as well which would be what my worldview says which is that positive emotions are truly the only way our lives can be beautiful and good since they are the only things that can allow us to truly experience the good values, the joy, happiness, and the beauty in our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back