My new Shadow the Hedgehog Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
MattMVS7 said:
As long as you struggle with negative emotions, feelings of hopelessness and misery being the worst of them all from my own personal experience, then that is no way to live or be an artist regardless of your artistic contributions or any other contributions to the world.

Some of the best fucking art is made by people at their most miserable.

Oh, and are you going to turn this topic into a stealth "good is like water we need to drink" topic that got locked because no one gives a crap about your ramblings?

At least in the past, what he was going on about was at least somewhat related about his work.

This isn't. He's going off in a random tangent about how we need to feel good to make good art or...I don't know I don't care. Honestly, I think art is an amazing way to express your feelings and I see that the statement that "you need to be happy to make good art" or whatever I didn't read it to be utter BS.

MattMVS7 said:
I personally think that the only way to live and be an artist is through positive emotions. That is, being happy, having fun, and enjoying living your life and being an artist. As long as you struggle with negative emotions, feelings of hopelessness and misery being the worst of them all from my own personal experience, then that is no way to live or be an artist regardless of your artistic contributions or any other contributions to the world.
Oh well, I guess only the Rococo Period really matters in art history. Every other period, especially the realist (frank, solemn depiction), the art period right after World War, Classical/NeoClassical/early Renaissance (logic over emotion and drama), and Romantic (which is about horror and terror sometimes), is failure.

Matt believes that clever one-liners are a valid substitute for actual thinking. Unfortunately for him, he's wrong. The nub of what I intend to say here is that he's a hard worker. Matt works hard to prevent anyone from commenting on his covetous, uncompromising snow jobs. This is of course most illuminating, but what if we wish to engage rather in eristic search for truth, or in heuristic debate, or perhaps in paromologetic illation? In my experience, it is as obvious as the nose on your face that the pragmatist position is that all Matt cares about is money. I fail to grasp why Matt has so much difficulty understanding that. Perhaps it's because if it weren't for his double standards Matt would have no standards at all. Hence, it's absolutely a waste of time even to address his hypocrisy. That's why I'll state merely that Matt looks down upon the rest of us. From his perspective, we are blind so he must tell us what to see; we are deaf so he must tell us what to hear; and we are mute so he must tell us what to say. Such views may fool slimy adolescents, but I profess that if we look beyond Matt's delusions of grandeur, we see that he generally tries to keep his distance from the yawping, ribald ivory-tower academics who anesthetize the human spirit. However, Matt sees nothing wrong with increasing people's stress and aggression. Ah the sweet, sweet smell of hypocrisy.

Matt has somehow managed to get the media to pay rapt attention to his benighted animadversions. I don't know what sort of Jedi mind control he's been using to pull that off, but I do know that Matt has conceived the project of reigning over opinions and of conquering neither kingdoms nor provinces but the human mind. If this project succeeds then snappish criminal masterminds will be free to dispossess, stress, and dissolve the cultural bonds that keep our society healthy. Even worse, it will be illegal for anyone to say anything about how Matt proclaims that there's no difference between normal people like you and me and procacious, inarticulate fefnicutes. This is an example of what psychologists call “motivated reasoning”: Matt spontaneously generates arguments for the conclusions he wants to support. As primitive as such arguments often are, they do serve to demonstrate that one of Matt's most loyal cohorts is known to have remarked, “War is peace, freedom is slavery, and ignorance is strength.” And there you have it: a direct quote from a primary source. The significance of that quote is that for many people, Matt's ill-tempered denunciations have caused substantial pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, post-traumatic stress, sleeplessness, indignities and embarrassment, degradation, injury to reputation, and restrictions on personal freedom. Whew! The only thing they haven't yet caused, surprisingly, is a greater realization that there is a cult of ignorance among Matt's myrmidons, and there always has been. The point is that the devastation caused by Matt's taunts is entropic, but it does not have to be inevitable. That is, if we are vigilant in kicking butt and taking names we will be able to sway people towards the realization that Matt not only lies but brags about his lying to his famuli.

As someone who enjoys brandishing words like “counterrevolutionize” and “phytopaleontological” as a smoke screen to hide his slogans' inherent paradoxes, Matt must inarguably be at a loss when someone presents a logical counterargument to his brain-damaged fibs. I think I know why so many vindictive blood-stained criminals jump on everything that is written, said, or even implied and label it as either slatternly or uncompanionable. It's because Matt has whipped them into a blind frenzy by telling them that he serves as wisdom to the mighty and succor to the brave. Unfortunately for Matt, the ground truth is that his zingers are not only politically, economically, and sociologically unsound; they are morally wrong and psychotic. Their only saving grace is that they remind us that we must always tell the truth. A condition of truth is to allow suffering to speak, which is why it's important to recognize that I, speaking as someone who is not a loud charlatan, want to live my life as I see fit. I can't do that while Matt still has the ability to perpetuate misguided and questionable notions of other illiterate creeps' intentions.

I shall be blamed by ignorant persons when I say that I find it most unfortunate that this letter had to be written. Cruel as that maxim may appear, we don't always have to agree on every detail of every issue. Nevertheless, I believe that all of us do happen to agree that Matt has been deluding people into believing that society is screaming for his announcements. Don't let him delude you, too.

Some people believe that one day Matt's assistants will expose the shaky foundations upon which Matt's pugnacious expostulations are bulwarked. Such people are doomed to disappointment, especially when one considers that I indisputably aver that Matt is an imprudent careerist. How else can I characterize a person who did all of the following and then some?

-Kill the goose bearing the golden egg
-Engage in or goad others into engaging in illegal acts
-Bask in the morally questionable shine of absolutism

I could lengthen this list, but I shall rest my case. The point is that there isn't a man, woman, or child alive today who thinks that Elvis is alive and well and living in Tweed, Ontario, so let's toss out that ridiculous argument of Matt's from the get-go. Matt presents himself as a disinterested classicist lamenting the infusion of politically motivated methods of pedagogy and analysis into higher education. He is eloquent in his denunciation of modern scholarship, claiming it favors the worst sorts of unprincipled election-year also-rans I've ever seen. And here we have the ultimate irony because the suggestion that he has the experience, ideas, leadership, and integrity to move our nation forward is wrong, absurd, and offensive. Nevertheless, Matt's partners in crime like to suggest such things to distract attention from the truth, which is that Matt's entourage is not a cultural or religious assemblage, as Matt purports it to be. Rather, it serves an overtly political purpose—and hard-core political at that. I could be wrong about any or all of this, but at the moment, the above fits what I know of history, people, and current conditions. If anyone sees anything wrong or has some new facts or theories on this, I'd love to hear about them.

Baby Luigi said:
MattMVS7 said:
As long as you struggle with negative emotions, feelings of hopelessness and misery being the worst of them all from my own personal experience, then that is no way to live or be an artist regardless of your artistic contributions or any other contributions to the world.

Some of the best fucking art is made by people at their most miserable.

Oh, and are you going to turn this topic into a stealth "good is like water we need to drink" topic that got locked because no one gives a crap about your ramblings?

No need to worry or waste rage. The notion that art can only be used to express one particular set of emotions is utterly ridiculous, and it's evident he does not know what he is talking about.

Don't let silly ramblings without substance or foundation upset you needlessly. That would not be good value.

Fumikage Tokoyami said:
Holy *bleep* guys, I just... I just figured it all out! Oh my god!

All this disjointed talk about powerful emotions and water, and the constant jerking off to the most basic building blocks of a particular craft... The perception of being a grand maestro in a field while knowing next to nothing about what makes contributions to said field work in the first place... The constant jerking off to one's own creations...

Masaru Emoto has a marioboards account!
fixed, and Wikipedia article for reference
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masaru_Emoto

it all makes sense now

Fumikage Tokoyami said:
No need to worry or waste rage. The notion that art can only be used to express one particular set of emotions is utterly ridiculous, and it's evident he does not know what he is talking about.

Don't let silly ramblings without substance or foundation upset you needlessly. That would not be good value.

I'm sorry. I just get very testy when I read pretentious talk about a subject that I personally love and want to pursue professionally and that they clearly know nothing about.

Oh, I feel you. This would usually piss me off something fierce too. But if you take a look at this instance here and everything else the person in question has posted, the way it is presented is kind of... too ridiculous to get worked up over. It's so silly, it's almost a caricature of itself. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a fake persona and someone's having a laugh at us getting riled up. Either that, or he's not fully in charge of his mental faculties, in which case we should probably stop feeding into it.

Shadowshy said:
Matt believes that clever one-liners are a valid substitute for actual thinking. Unfortunately for him, he's wrong. The nub of what I intend to say here is that he's a hard worker. Matt works hard to prevent anyone from commenting on his covetous, uncompromising snow jobs. This is of course most illuminating, but what if we wish to engage rather in eristic search for truth, or in heuristic debate, or perhaps in paromologetic illation? In my experience, it is as obvious as the nose on your face that the pragmatist position is that all Matt cares about is money. I fail to grasp why Matt has so much difficulty understanding that. Perhaps it's because if it weren't for his double standards Matt would have no standards at all. Hence, it's absolutely a waste of time even to address his hypocrisy. That's why I'll state merely that Matt looks down upon the rest of us. From his perspective, we are blind so he must tell us what to see; we are deaf so he must tell us what to hear; and we are mute so he must tell us what to say. Such views may fool slimy adolescents, but I profess that if we look beyond Matt's delusions of grandeur, we see that he generally tries to keep his distance from the yawping, ribald ivory-tower academics who anesthetize the human spirit. However, Matt sees nothing wrong with increasing people's stress and aggression. Ah the sweet, sweet smell of hypocrisy.

Matt has somehow managed to get the media to pay rapt attention to his benighted animadversions. I don't know what sort of Jedi mind control he's been using to pull that off, but I do know that Matt has conceived the project of reigning over opinions and of conquering neither kingdoms nor provinces but the human mind. If this project succeeds then snappish criminal masterminds will be free to dispossess, stress, and dissolve the cultural bonds that keep our society healthy. Even worse, it will be illegal for anyone to say anything about how Matt proclaims that there's no difference between normal people like you and me and procacious, inarticulate fefnicutes. This is an example of what psychologists call "motivated reasoning": Matt spontaneously generates arguments for the conclusions he wants to support. As primitive as such arguments often are, they do serve to demonstrate that one of Matt's most loyal cohorts is known to have remarked, "War is peace, freedom is slavery, and ignorance is strength." And there you have it: a direct quote from a primary source. The significance of that quote is that for many people, Matt's ill-tempered denunciations have caused substantial pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, post-traumatic stress, sleeplessness, indignities and embarrassment, degradation, injury to reputation, and restrictions on personal freedom. Whew! The only thing they haven't yet caused, surprisingly, is a greater realization that there is a cult of ignorance among Matt's myrmidons, and there always has been. The point is that the devastation caused by Matt's taunts is entropic, but it does not have to be inevitable. That is, if we are vigilant in kicking butt and taking names we will be able to sway people towards the realization that Matt not only lies but brags about his lying to his famuli.

As someone who enjoys brandishing words like "counterrevolutionize" and "phytopaleontological" as a smoke screen to hide his slogans' inherent paradoxes, Matt must inarguably be at a loss when someone presents a logical counterargument to his brain-damaged fibs. I think I know why so many vindictive blood-stained criminals jump on everything that is written, said, or even implied and label it as either slatternly or uncompanionable. It's because Matt has whipped them into a blind frenzy by telling them that he serves as wisdom to the mighty and succor to the brave. Unfortunately for Matt, the ground truth is that his zingers are not only politically, economically, and sociologically unsound; they are morally wrong and psychotic. Their only saving grace is that they remind us that we must always tell the truth. A condition of truth is to allow suffering to speak, which is why it's important to recognize that I, speaking as someone who is not a loud charlatan, want to live my life as I see fit. I can't do that while Matt still has the ability to perpetuate misguided and questionable notions of other illiterate creeps' intentions.

I shall be blamed by ignorant persons when I say that I find it most unfortunate that this letter had to be written. Cruel as that maxim may appear, we don't always have to agree on every detail of every issue. Nevertheless, I believe that all of us do happen to agree that Matt has been deluding people into believing that society is screaming for his announcements. Don't let him delude you, too.

Some people believe that one day Matt's assistants will expose the shaky foundations upon which Matt's pugnacious expostulations are bulwarked. Such people are doomed to disappointment, especially when one considers that I indisputably aver that Matt is an imprudent careerist. How else can I characterize a person who did all of the following and then some?

-Kill the goose bearing the golden egg
-Engage in or goad others into engaging in illegal acts
-Bask in the morally questionable shine of absolutism

I could lengthen this list, but I shall rest my case. The point is that there isn't a man, woman, or child alive today who thinks that Elvis is alive and well and living in Tweed, Ontario, so let's toss out that ridiculous argument of Matt's from the get-go. Matt presents himself as a disinterested classicist lamenting the infusion of politically motivated methods of pedagogy and analysis into higher education. He is eloquent in his denunciation of modern scholarship, claiming it favors the worst sorts of unprincipled election-year also-rans I've ever seen. And here we have the ultimate irony because the suggestion that he has the experience, ideas, leadership, and integrity to move our nation forward is wrong, absurd, and offensive. Nevertheless, Matt's partners in crime like to suggest such things to distract attention from the truth, which is that Matt's entourage is not a cultural or religious assemblage, as Matt purports it to be. Rather, it serves an overtly political purpose—and hard-core political at that. I could be wrong about any or all of this, but at the moment, the above fits what I know of history, people, and current conditions. If anyone sees anything wrong or has some new facts or theories on this, I'd love to hear about them.

I came here with the assumption that others did hear my themes and their intended power, but were only dismissing this because they were too focused on my themes lacking the other elements needed to perfect them. This got to me because this would have to mean that these people are not focused on the power of my themes which was so precious to me. Sure, the craft itself and all of the technical aspects of music are important. But the power of themes are important, too. My goal was merely to get the power of my themes across and have others praise that since that was what was so precious to me. But I later came to realize that perhaps other people are hearing my themes as randomly plucked out tunes due to my personal experience when I listened to the tunes the moment I lost the memory of the real amazing tunes.

Even though I could have sworn I got the notes and rests right of these tunes, they still appeared as random tunes. Sure enough, the moment I regained those memories is the moment these tunes returned back to being perceived as the real amazing tunes I had in my mind all along. One last thing here. In regards to what I said about our positive emotions being the only way to live and be an artist in my previous post, I did not intend to get off topic. I found it to be very relevant to my life and composing hobby. I am just sharing to you my own personal insights and personal experience which was something powerful and profound. You are free to disagree with them, but I am convinced of my own personal experience.

Fumikage Tokoyami said:
Oh, I feel you. This would usually piss me off something fierce too. But if you take a look at this instance here and everything else the person in question has posted, the way it is presented is kind of... too ridiculous to get worked up over. It's so silly, it's almost a caricature of itself. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a fake persona and someone's having a laugh at us getting riled up. Either that, or he's not fully in charge of his mental faculties, in which case we should probably stop feeding into it.

I am not joking or trolling. I am very serious. As a matter of fact, I have written an entire book on my worldview which explains why our positive emotions are the only way to live and be an artist. Of course, I am not going to share this book because it will go off topic and probably get this topic locked. But anyway, if I was just joking about my worldview, then why would I have written an entire book on it? You see, I am not joking at all.

ftr im convinced your just fuckin around since you gave a "legit" essay response to my obvious nonsensical joke rant kek

As for my Family Guy scene, I wish to say something about it since it is something very relevant when speaking about the world of art and artwork in general. This scene, in my honest opinion, would fit perfectly well with all of the other funny scenes in Family Guy. There are those types of funny scenes in Family Guy that make us chuckle a little and then there are those scenes that make us laugh. I think this scene of mine is one that would make one laugh. But many people out there do not find the funny scenes in Family Guy to be funny at all. But then there are many people out there who do find these scenes funny.

It could be the case that these other people who don't find them funny are just having too high of a standard to appreciate and embrace their comical greatness. This means that if anyone finds my made up scene unfunny, then the scene really is comical and other people are just having factors that are preventing them from embracing, seeing, and appreciating its comical greatness. Another factor could be that this just isn't their style of humor. Therefore, if I were to fully learn how to make real music, I created some amazing themes, presented them to others, and others did not like them, then all of those factors I mentioned here could also be at work when it comes to my themes not being liked. Like I said before, there are simple forms of art such as simple, compelling themes as well as simple, compelling funny scenes such as the funny scene I made up.

Then there are complicated and well crafted songs, themes, funny scenes, and works of art. Never dismiss the simplistic art forms since they, again, have a lot of soul to them. I have even heard people say that Michael Jackson's music was like kindergarten level music due to their high musical standards. As you can see here, such factors only serve to blind people from the greatness, soul, and power that MJ's music has. People have been profoundly moved by his music and having such high standards or other factors, in a way, makes you like a machine who cannot experience and embrace the soul of MJ's music or other artworks.

If my funny scene or MJ's music is simply not your style, then I would put no blame on you for not liking my funny scene, MJ's music, or any other artwork for that matter. But if there are those other unjustified factors at work instead contributing to your disliking of any work of art, then I see every bit wrong with that. One last thing here. Humor and music are naturally wired into us. That is why there are so many people out there who can naturally come up with golden comedy scenes without ever having studied up and trained in comedy. The same thing applies to many people having a natural talent in coming up with the next best themes in their own minds.

One last thing here. When I said that positive emotions are the only way to live and be an artist, I mean that they are the only things that can allow us to see our lives and artistic endeavors as being good and beautiful. When someone says that so and so is no way to live, then that is a figure of speech which simply means that such a way of life is nothing good or beautiful. Therefore, you can very well create works of art while miserable and unhappy. But such a way of life and becoming an artist is an empty way of life. It is devoid of all perceived good values and such a life can only be of perceived bad values (negative emotions) or no perceived value at all (no emotions). I simply do not understand how one's life can be good and beautiful in the absence of positive emotions having been in such dark, hopeless, miserable places myself. It doesn't matter what anyone says to me. Positive emotions, from my perspective, are like the inner light and I do not understand how one's life can be anything good and beautiful without the inner light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back