The Game Awards 2017

This needs an update. And what better way than posting a video from GameXplain. The video speaks for itself.
[youtube]watch?v=CUF0_-9Ol_0[/youtube]

inb4 another Metroid Prime 4 teaser with its subtitle being revealed, no gameplay

[not TGA related] And Fire Emblem Heroes won "Best Game of 2017" award from Google Play. This increases the chance of taking home "Best Mobile" at the TGA.

I won't even mind a Donkey Kong game revealed, even though that is very likely to upset a lot of expecting fans.

Thank you for reading.

Anna said:
winstein said:
I won't even mind a Donkey Kong game revealed, even though that is very likely to upset a lot of expecting fans.
Fans of Donkey Kong would be upsetting to Donkey Kong game reveal?
No, it's fans of Nintendo in general, especially those Zelda and Metroid ones. It's a response to the posts above that mentioned Zelda DLC and Metroid. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Thank you for reading.

Zelda DLC 2 is supposed to have an event on the 12th, so very unlikely (though still possible, but don't hold your breath as you may be holding it until the 12th) that it would be about Zelda DLC 2. Sorry.

I don't see how anyone can be mad about Breath of the Wild winning GOTY. It was spectacular.

And that DLC looks niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

I mean I sort of expected BOTW to win game of the year but I'm disappointed Odyssey only won a single award total.

And of course that M&L:SSS+BM didn't even get a nomination under the handheld category.

Slushy the Slushball said:
And of course that M&L:SSS+BM didn't even get a nomination under the handheld category.

I wouldn't even call that the best handheld game out that month let alone the whole year.

I watched the entire thing and man, was there a lot of useless commercials and advertising. The number one thing to take from the whole thing is that Link now rides a motorcycle in an actual, completely canon Zelda game. That's... hilarious.

JC said:
I enjoyed Odyssey but I think BoTW deserved GOTY more imo
Those were my exact thoughts, basically. Odyssey was amazing, but BOTW has had a much bigger impact on the industry so far IMO.

I knew Breath of the Wild would win. Super Mario Odyssey is a damn fine game, probably among the best of its kind, but for overall impact on the industry, as others already stated, I think BOTW had a greater vision and completed that better.

I'm taking a break off GameFAQs and I'm glad not to experience the potential butthurt firestorm from whiny salty fanboys on there.

Also, I'm really happy Cuphead won best art direction. It completely deserved that.

Well Cuphead and his pal Mugman, they liked to roll the dice, by chance they came on devil's game and gosh they paid the price.

And it turns out that price resulted in an award.

Back