Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story vs. Superstar Saga + Minion Quest

Which is the best game?

• Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA or 3DS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

• Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

• Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

• Minion Quest: The Search for Bowser

• Mario Party: The Top 100

• Total voters
Um...
1506044254492.png

Does this answer the question if they are movies at Yoshi Theather? Or are these just implied?
Also, why this order? It is PiT, BiS, PJ, and DT in that order. Order does count for both cases.

There doesn't seem to be one for PJ, the Cheep Cheep one is probably a Finding Nemo/Finding Dory parody.

They're also apparently seen on the TV in a Beanbean Castle Town house, if you look close the TV rotates between these images.

I wouldn't think to much on em, they are just parodies of movie genres using stuff from this series.

So here's what I'm thinking. Since BiS is the most popular and SS is the best one to play first, I'll just choose both; I guess three games is fine. As for PiT, I can easily get that on the Wii U VC for a little over $10 (gee, thanks tax).

wii u version is bad, don't.

Yeah, it's mostly because the game simulatenously needs two screens and it's tough to use both the gamepad and the TV screen at once.

And the aspect ratio is just unpleasant to look at.

Much depends on how difficult it is to find a DS cartidge, though. I played the Wii U VC version and still enjoyed it, after all most of the action tends to happen in one screen, so the main screen with the small screen worked for me - all the screens are at integer multiples of the native resolution at 720p. In case there is also the native resolution with the screen one over the other, the DS background is a bit distracting but it works when alignment is paramount. With regard to the GamePad + TV setup I don't know, since I recorded my whole playthrough I didn't use it.

it's not difficult to find a cartridge for it. I found one on amazon with no difficulty.

Yeah, I actually looked up how the DS on VC works. I think it'll be fine...for PiT. After all, it's better to pay $10 for a VC copy than to pay over $40 for a DS copy (I mostly looked at the TV anyway). BIS concerns me, however, as it is not available on VC. On Amazon, I found that there were three new copies left, all priced $80! Of course, I don't really need new. But it would probably be hard to get any copy at all. As for SS, I think I'll get the 3DS remake...and maybe wait to play Minion Quest, but I can't guarantee that.

UPDATE as of October 6, 2017: Since the 3DS version of Superstar Saga and Minion Quest were released today, I modified and reset the poll.

UPDATE as of November 28, 2017: I am closing the poll...Uh, how do I do that?

Back