J's Mario Kart concepts

So my previous posts on the boards have been rather bitter, admittedly. Let me change that with a sketch preview of the Road Geode.

road_geode_sketch_by_just_call_me_j-dcew1cz.png

Here's the Road Geode!
road_geode_by_just_call_me_j-dcfjfew.png
It's an ATV based off a geode. This is Siph's vehicle because of his gemstone motif.

The Road Geode has long crystals for handlebars, but they're not really sharp so no need to worry about that. It also has a similar long, double-sided crystal for a foot rest. There is a hexagonal gemstone on the front that has the driver's character emblem on it, but this particular gem also serves as the ATV's headlight. The two long gems jutting out the back are the Road Geode's exhaust pipes. The entire top half of the Road Geode is a smooth, grey stone, with the cushioned seat being the only non-geode-y thing on the vehicle. The inside part of the part holding the handlebars is also hollowed out, showing more of the gems underneath.

The Road Geode boasts excellent drifting and weight, and higher-than-average handling and off-road, but it has almost no mini-turbo.

This ATV comes in three palette swaps:
  • Blue (a sapphire geode)
  • Green (an emerald geode)
  • Pinkish Red (a ruby geode)
  • Purple (an amethyst geode)
  • White (a quartz geode)
The outer stone is always the same color, as well as the top seat. Here's who has which palette swap:

road_geode_color_scheme_assignments_by_just_call_me_j-dcfjijm.png

The other alt costumes that are not separate characters have the same palette swap that the default character has. For example, Wario will always have the same palette swaps even if in his WarioWare garb.

What palette swap would you or/and your OC/FC(s) have?

Any questions, comments, critiques, concerns, snide remarks? :yoshi:

Back