Your Pile of Shame - Popular Games You've Never Played

NeuralPsychosis

Chain Chomp
Most people have them. Some might not be Mario-related, but for the purpose of this forum, let's restrict our lists to just these.

I am ashamed to admit I haven't played many of the Mario games from about...the SNES/N64 onwards. Some that may not be so good after all, some you'll probably want to throw rocks at me for not playing at all. If you wish to do so, it is entirely justified. So, I'll hereby go through the list of games I really want to play (and I've heard are really good), but haven't due to not enough money or simply laziness.

And I'll start the list with...Super Mario RPG.

Yes, I've played Paper Mario (to a point) and yet despite being an oldschool guy (what with my playing Super Mario World and such a lot) I haven't played this classic. Well actually, at the moment I AM. I just started a game yesterday, playing through it (slowly, Userpedia, the forums and IRC take up a lot of time, as well as schoolwork), and soon this will hopefully be off my list. But it still stands that it's been out for HOW MANY YEARS?! And I haven't played it until now?! Man.

Essentially ANY Mario game on the GameCube (EXCEPTING Super Mario Sunshine)
This I can attribute to monetary issues. We never got many games for our (now broken) GameCube, and those we did have we were satisfied with. I myself was having fun with Freekstyle, and the various other games were not of much enjoyment to me (Except Star Fox Adventures...or whatever the Dinosaur Planet one was called), but I do remember that Sunshine kept me well entertained. (I'm sure I wasn't the only one who, on games like Sunshine or Mario 64, went around the levels trying to collect /everything/ in one go.)

Any GBA Mario game (INCLUDING Superstar Saga, but EXCEPTING MKSuperCircuit)
For one simple reason; I don't own a GBA. (I only was able to play MKSC via my BROTHER's GBA SP.) One could say that I own a DS, and that would suffice, but I still say I never bought the Mario GBA games, excluding that one. I fully intend to go through the M&L RPGs at one point (as soon as I finish SMRPG), but I wouldn't see myself doing so in the near future.

The Nintendo DS: M&L RPGs, New SMB, Yoshi Island (all versions)
I can't really say anything about this except I'm lazy.

So, go ahead and comment on what I need to play (The list of games I HAVE played so far is listed on my profile (User:Neurario)), and share your own lists.

Whoa.

The Mario game I never played was, Mario Paint (My sis sold her Snes) , Mario Tennis (My Gameboy Broke), Mario & Luigi RPG.

Neu said:
Essentially ANY Mario game on the GameCube (EXCEPTING Super Mario Sunshine)
This I can attribute to monetary issues. We never got many games for our (now broken) GameCube, and those we did have we were satisfied with. I myself was having fun with Freekstyle, and the various other games were not of much enjoyment to me (Except Star Fox Adventures...or whatever the Dinosaur Planet one was called), but I do remember that Sunshine kept me well entertained. (I'm sure I wasn't the only one who, on games like Sunshine or Mario 64, went around the levels trying to collect /everything/ in one go.)
Were there really many other real Mario games on the GameCube?

I've never played a Megaman game and I just got my first FF game for my birthday this year.

Four words:
Not. F*cking. Worth. It.

It's not completely bad but it's your bog-standard JRPG. At least I had some fun with it early on...

I haven't played Hotel Mario...

It is some of the rage on YouTube...

The cutscenes are all the rage, the game himself is the most tepid Elevator Action Clone ever made.

Me feel you Neu. I never played a recent game of the Legend of Spyro series. The three recent games, I mean they are trying to do something new for that character. For some reason, I didn't bother looking at the games for a few years... I feel like playing the oldies and now the newies. :O

Hmmm, what else? ...some Mario games that I missed. Like the whole MP series, the NGC ones (4-7), and the 8th game. I still have MPA, and MP-e. ;o

OH MAN! ANYTHING ELSE? ...maybe there's a bit of Crash, a bit of Tetris, but that's out of the question. I played a bit of casual games (easy to play games) but oh either still too busy, or hardly working (lazy me!) I personally want some of the triple A games from the Xbox 360. (finding the goods from G4TV) ;o

Sorry, I wish I can type more; but I have to go. Back school! (Yes, I'm typing this message during lunch. X3)

SSB could have bough it for 2 dollars but didnt

Never played any of the Mario Sports games.
Reason being, I find sport boring.

I played FF7. o_O I didn't like one scene though.

I never play the FE series.

Nick Abuse said:
Final Fantasy 7? not played that for yoinks.
6 is superior anyway.

Popular other game series I haven't played include:
Fire Emblem
Phoenix Wright
Call of Duty.

There's many more but then again, nobody has played everything.

MST3K said:
I've never played Gears of War. I want to give it shot sometime, though.
I can truthfully agree with this.

You can strike Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney from my list. Not that they were there.

(now to play the rest of the series...)

Also, Halo 3, Left 4 Dead and NONE of the other current-generation games on the home consoles. :(

Back