Well, this issue was bound to come up sooner or later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X4IChfMb64&t=

Even though everyone here came to a general agreement of "yeah the people attacking him and the people defending him are both half right and wrong", i'll leave this video here anyway.

"you know what I hate...identity politi--"

turned it off right there

Okay.

Best case scenario: This whole thing blows over and everyone calms the heck down until the next hot controversial topic shows up.

Worst case scenario: Another full blown internet-wide Gamergate Journalism outrage just like in 2014.

CaptainXtra said:
Worst case scenario: Another full blown internet-wide Gamergate Journalism outrage just like in 2014.
You act like outrage against Gamergate is a bad thing.

You also said it's a worse case scenario which suggests that you don't give a shit

Vikavolt said:
You also said it's a worse case scenario which suggests that you don't give a *bleep*

Did you not read the comment? I am not stating my stance on the Gamergate debacle, only how everyone and their mother reacted to it. Regardless of how you viewed it, you can't deny it started a controversy that overall divided a lot of the Internet community as a whole. Last time I checked, something like that happening isn't a good or ideal outcome of an issue.

Okay, I am going to make this clear right now, I AM NEUTRAL ON GAMERGATE. If you supported or hated it then whatever, both sides had some points but I will not hate/like you just because of your stance. I just find it idiotic how almost everyone involved on both sides overreacted to the extreme. If I wasn't neutral, I would of made separate thread for this and I wouldn't be obligated to explain myself to all of you in the first place. Now either this thread gets back to what it was discussing or I will ask it to be removed.

Back