ARMS (Nintendo Switch)

It's fun

Matches are chaotic as hell (the boss fight with hedlok is pretty gnarly) but the scenery and playable characters are bright, colouful and punchy, so I like it. Doesnt really click with me as much as splatoon did though

Twintelle is sadly pretty slow and Minmin/Helix are the best characters I played as with their dragons. I find it hilarious how the devs unlocked Twintelle for this testpunch due to fan demand lol

Will probably get it later

I played it. I suck at it whether I'm using motion controls or not, although I'm actually decent at the target-breaking mode for some reason.

So ARMS came out today, and hoo boy.

There is definitely a learning curve to the game. The pros in the tournament made it look EASYY.

It is not.
I was getting wrecked in the training. Even after the hour and a half of gameplay I did today I still don't feel confident and I was still getting destroyed by the AI. I was playing through the Grand Prix at Level 3, which I was guessing was the normal difficulty. There is 4-5 difficulty levels after that one, so the difficulty level is pretty intense too.

I used the motion control because honestly I found it to be easier I feel you have a lot more control over your arm movements since on the gamepad controls, move and aim and punch and block are on the same control stick.

That being said I really like the game! The atmosphere is bright and the gameplay is actually really good! I'm not going to pin it for being difficult to grasp, in fact that's a good thing!

Back