PS4 recommendations

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Hey all. My family recently got a PS4 and I'm looking into good, single player games that don't really require online at all. I know about Bloodborne and Bethesda games. Any other games you guys would recommend? I'm thinking about picking up Bloodborne but I have never played a Souls game or anything similar. I imagine that would be a little rough at first but the game looks fun.

You can check out The Last Guardian, maybe...?

I enjoyed The Last Guardian for the giant griffindog bonding, but gameplay-wise it can get pretty frustrating with the choppy framerate (Unless you're using a PS4 Pro, I think) and the messy controls/cameras. IGN's summary of it kind of fits how I feel about it.

Infamous Second Son
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection if you don't happen to have UC1-3 on the PS3.
The Last of Us: Remastered if you don't have it on the PS3 already.
Uncharted 4
Metal Gear Solid V is fun to play even if the story stumbles a bit.
Dragon Quest Builders

Crap forgot about Ratchet and Clank, definitely recommend that

As a recent convert to the sony side of Teh Console War I agree that uncharted 4 is an excellent single player experience, just dont touch the godawful online.

i also have fallout 4 and bloodbourne but havent gotten around to starting either. Ive started elder scrolls v: skyrim to an extent, getting past the character creation then punching a dude with my cat fists counts, right

the only other game i own is overwatch but thats not what youre after because its always online multiplayer fun when youre on the winning team

aside from that, for digital downloads: freakworld will provide his opinion on final fantasy 7 when he gets here

shovel knight isnt sony exclusive but you cant go wrong there

you specified single player but do note that ultimate marvel vs. capcom 3 is available (just not over here yet grumble grumble)

ive heard until dawn is a good experience for people who like danganronpa/zero escape but youre probably not one of those

You can get the PS4 version of ff7 but you might as well just get it on any other Sony console or pc it's probably cheaper

Anyways I vouch for last guardian and ff15

Olivia said:
Metal Gear Solid V is fun to play even if the story stumbles a bit.
This. Story is far from the greatest in the series but the gameplay is amazing.

Exclusive:
- The Last Guardian
- InFamous: Second Son
- InFamous: First Light
- Ratchet and Clank
- Uncharted 4

Multiplatform:
- The Last of Us
- Journey (Collectors Edition also has Flow and Flower)
- Super Meat Boy
- Watch Dogs
- Diablo 3
- Tales of Zestiria
- The Witness
- Child of Light
- South Park: The Stick of Truth
- Tomb Raider (2013)
- Skyrim
- Fallout 4
- Rayman Legends
- Witcher 3
- Uncharted 1-3
- Dark Souls 3
- Bloodborne
- Lego Marvel Superheroes
- Final Fantasy XV

I'll also throw in a recommendation for Fallout 4, though the mods available are a lot more limited on PS4 when compared to the XB1 and PC.

The Gravity Rush series I hear is pretty good, though I haven't played it myself. Nier Automata might be a title to look out for as well if you like hack'n slash. Both of 'em should have demos up on the PS store if you wanted to give them a try.

Back