The Koopa Kids

Wasn't Larry's speaking parts just a bunch of pictures in speech or thought bubbles in those? There was a series like that, and Lemmy was the only one who understood him...

In his only speaking appearance in Nintendo Comics System (Bowser Knows Best) Larry had pictures in his speech balloons and only Lemmy could understand him; as far as I know, he talks normally in the Nintendo Adventure Books. Pretty weird really, I'll try and find a picture if I can.

Iggy always seemed like the insane one in games, but from Lemmy's head-bandage and lazy eye I think it's always kinda been implied that he's unstable.

Lemmy probably has some sort of disorder, I mean, despite being the second oldest Koopalings, he's pretty much the smallest and most immature. He has the lazy eye or googly eyes or something, plus Nintendo Comics System portrayed him in such a way as to suggest he has mental retardation to so extent, with Bowser even openly declaring him to be a "blithering idiot" once.

Yeah. I wonder why Nintendo even GAVE Iggy the in-game insane role; the only crazy thing about him is his swirly eyes, which could also be taken as references to the depth of his glasses (and weren't even used in SMB3).

Basicly, it seems Iggy has the personality in the games that Ludwig had in The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World cartoon, quite a coincedence, huh?

Now that I think about it, I think Iggy's habit of inventing might have actually come from the Nintendo Adventure Books, which were made three years before Yoshi's Safari was created. Another coincedence, or maybe not...

YellowYoshi398 said:
Iggy always seemed like the insane one in games, but from Lemmy's head-bandage and lazy eye I think it's always kinda been implied that he's unstable.

What "head-bandage"?

kappa16 said:
YellowYoshi398 said:

What "head-bandage"?

A random thingamabob I said instead of "bandage on the back of the side of his head".

EDIT: There are actually two bandages there. Can't believe I forgot that.

They look more like some kind of marks instead of bandages or bandaids. Like tatoos, painted stripes or scars or something. Wonder how Lemmy got those? Probably won't be explained. :dk:

I always thought of them as bandages, especially since they're bandaid-colored and have outlines in some artwork.

I think because of his ball-balancing skills, they're more stage paint... Almost like clown make-up... Or like indian war stripes... I don't know... That's what I think they are...

Makes sense... Although that's a strange place/color for makeup/war paint. I don't think anyone'll be able to talk me out of my bandage theory.

True... But even still, I think the bandages (if they are to be thought of as such) are related to his mental state. It doesn't seem like Nintendo would do such an odd thing just because Lemmy's "a strange guy"...

I once read someplace that Lemmy always longed to join the circus... (Every kid has probably had that idea once or twice in their lives though...) This makes me think of Lemmy as being one of the saddest characters of the Super Mario games... To me, as weird as this sounds, Lemmy represents that dream and longing that comes with being a child, that we all lose... That sort of "lost innocence" of childhood... He wants terribly to join the circus (And his ball riding skills would certainly bring in one heck of a crowd, being that he is a turtle-creature of sorts riding a ball... I mean, wouldn't you want to see that?) but his family won't allow it... It's so sad... :cry:

I think you're refering to the Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 player's guide, it has something about that in Lemmy's biography section. And yeah, that little theory of yours does sound pretty cool.

Anyways, for some reason, I always envisioned the original seven Koopalings as representing the Seven Deadly Sins, you know, like Wendy is Pride, Roy is Wrath... I can't think of anymore at the moment.

Here's my opinion:
Wendy - Greed
Roy - Wrath
Ludwig - Pride
Lemmy - possibly Sloth
And that's all I can think up...

kappa16 said:
Here's my opinion:
Wendy - Greed
Roy - Wrath
Ludwig - Pride
Lemmy - possibly Sloth
And that's all I can think up...

Lemmy is posesed by a demon of sloth named Arkansas. LONG LIVE ARKANSAS!

I still think Lemmy's cool :D

My favorite would have to be either Larry or Iggy; speaking of Larry, I wonder how he got his own game? The whole Larry Koopa: Zombie Heartbreaker thing in Super Paper Mario. How would a survival horror/romance sim work anyways?

Sir Grodus said:
My favorite would have to be either Larry or Iggy; speaking of Larry, I wonder how he got his own game? The whole Larry Koopa: Zombie Heartbreaker thing in Super Paper Mario. How would a survival horror/romance sim work anyways?

FALLING IN LOVE WITH EVIL ZOMBIES ISN'T THAT WEIRD! ARE YOU DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ME?!

Yeah, Larry's cool... I think, out of all of them, Larry and Ludwig are my top favorites... Maybe he got bored of guarding his dad's castle and decided to go out on the road for awhile... He probably caught up with somebody who thought he was cool, and asked if he'd ever wanted to be in a video game... (Ironic, since he already is...) :| I wonder if he and his siblings will ever make an appearnce in another Paper Mario game??? You know, like how most books have pictures in that give a hint as to what the next book will feature... (Particularly the Lemony Snicket books...)

That would be awesome if they did appear in a new Paper Mario game, hopefully in a speaking role, lets not have a recreation of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga; sure, it was great they appeared in it, but the bestial roaring was a bit annoying. Maybe they were just brainwashed by Bowletta or something...

Back